Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2007-08-01, 4:08am

Default Stringer from Lustre Rod

If I pull a stringer from a BE Lustre rod, will it still have the metallic shine?
Old 2007-08-01, 4:15am

if you reduce it after you pull it

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-08-01, 6:44am
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

yep - apply it however you wanted and then reduce it.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2007-08-01, 9:08am
yukue fumei

and then post a pic, please, so we can drool!

nagi

Old 2007-08-01, 10:53am

Hi,
I pull stringer from lustre rods all the time. My favorite is the Peacock. Depending on how much or little you reduce it, you can get silver/blue all the way through to a pure silver with a mirror finish. Gorfeous. I Love the way it looks with turquoise and ivory. Most people will tell you to never mix moretti with Bullseye but I do in very small amounts and have never had a problem. I use 1mm lustre stringer on moretti for very fine detail work. I still have some of those beads and they still look beautiful!
Old 2007-08-02, 8:53pm

Yes Yes Yes. Here are some pictures of
1 and 2 - Amber luster, it is gold and very pretty. It works better than any of the reduction glass from Kuglar, Reichenbach or Gaffer for me.
3 - Blue Luster (I think it has another name, I can't remember what it is though).

Both done with stringer, except the sold beads.
Attached Images

Become a fan on Facebook:
Old 2007-08-02, 8:55pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

how do you reduce your lusters Lara? I may have asked you before - and if so I apologize, but I have limited luck with them .

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2007-08-02, 9:36pm
novembersfyre everywhere

Lara - those are beautiful! I really like the ones with the gold.

I've been playing with the blue recently and I finally discovered how to reduce it on my torch to get pure silver. I turn my gas up so that the yellow part is about 14 inches long and I just bathe it in the very tip for just a few seconds. I was amazed that I finally got it! I made another just to be sure - and yep- it worked again!

Now - I've got to see if it will work for the gold lustre!

Old 2007-08-02, 9:39pm

Ooooo, the one on the right looks like candy! Beautiful.

Old 2007-08-03, 7:22pm

I turn my o2 off and turn the propane up all the way (for Dragon Breath) then hold my arm all the way out and bath it in the flame.

Old 2007-08-03, 7:40pm
Rare Florida Native

Lara your beads are beautiful! Thanks for the time on the o2.

Old 2007-08-03, 7:54pm
novembersfyre everywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara View Post
I turn my o2 off and turn the propane up all the way (for Dragon Breath) then hold my arm all the way out and bath it in the flame.
Thanks, Lara! I need to try that!

Old 2007-08-04, 5:47am
yukue fumei

oh wow Lara! YummYYYY!!!!!

nagi

Old 2007-08-04, 8:59pm

Your welcome everyone. I learned the Dragon Breath from Cheryl Matson. She is the queen of reduction glass for me.