Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2008-04-07, 4:16pm

Default Looking for a special orange....

I bought one of Mr. Smiley's bag o' shorts about a year ago and there was an interesting hot orange color with a pink/coral tint to it. Does anybody know what it was or where I can get some more? This was a solid WYSIWYG color that had a tendancy to boil quite a bit. I made a pendant out of it, and have a very good customer who would like a strand of beads to match.

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-04-07, 4:28pm
In search of her path....

I take it , it was a boro one....
i have an orange that was a odd lot boro color that might be it do you have any left to show .... and ill see if its similar...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Prints for sale in my
!
Old 2008-04-07, 4:36pm

Sounds like one of the odd lots we have here, lol! I'll have to get a picture up on the site, and e-mail you.... ~Jenny@ TAG
Old 2008-04-07, 4:46pm

Ooo, please show it here if you can. I have a ton of shorts from Smiley and I know the orange you speak of.... would love to know what it is.
Jo
Old 2008-04-07, 6:02pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by IF-Designs View Post
I take it , it was a boro one....
i have an orange that was a odd lot boro color that might be it do you have any left to show .... and ill see if its similar...
I will have to ask her to take a picture of the pendant and email it to me. Orange is kind of a funny color for me at the shows I do. Usually most people just ignore it, but occasionally I get someone coming in and asking specifically for "orange stuff".

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

Old 2008-04-07, 7:13pm

Could it be poppy or ??
I was thinking about it and I can't remember any of the oranges that leaned toward pink except maybe Lobster but then that is a borobar/borostix and you would know the shape was odd. It must be an odd lot?
Could it have been GA's creamsicle?

Heidi

~~
~~

Last edited by Jamn!; 2008-04-07 at 7:24pm.
Old 2008-04-07, 7:53pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamn! View Post
Could it be poppy or ??
I was thinking about it and I can't remember any of the oranges that leaned toward pink except maybe Lobster but then that is a borobar/borostix and you would know the shape was odd. It must be an odd lot?
Could it have been GA's creamsicle?
It was definitely a Precision or Northstar color as that was all Mr. Smiley put in those bags. I think it must be an odd lot color.

Old 2008-04-08, 6:17am

Where is Mr. Smiley?? Brent?? Hello!

Heidi

~~
~~
Old 2008-04-08, 9:16am

Eric
Pm me your address again and I will send you some oranges from the boxes of misc...
It might be one of these exp colors,solar flareor off color ones that are in the box
Old 2008-04-08, 9:37am
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

I don't know YOUR orange, but Glasstique had some oranges that were
to die for. Pumpkin was fantastic, and has very little boiling.
Glass alchemy had this "autumn colors pallet" they were selling for a while.
You might contact them and see if they have any more.

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2008-04-08, 10:40am

Eric Do you have a picture of a nub or what you made?

Heidi

~~
~~
Old 2008-04-08, 10:44am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamn! View Post
Eric Do you have a picture of a nub or what you made?
Unfortunately, not. I have asked my customer to scan or photo the piece and email it to me. I though I had a tiny bit of a short left, but I must have used it in an implosion. I am a bit of glass miser...I use it all.

The only thing I know is that it was definitely in a box or NS/precision shorts from Smiley.

Old 2008-04-08, 12:01pm
boro color bender

Best of luck with finding this man... it's like a needle in a hay stack without a nub to compare.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2008-04-08, 6:39pm

I looked through my orange and I think the one that looks the most like coral is Colormax. I think I bought it at Winship. Brent you never try any other glass companies?

Heidi

~~
~~