TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2010-10-22, 2:13pm

Default Free -- for nothing!!

Have you lost tutorials to computer crashes, as I have? Are worried that you might? This is a wonderful and free solution. I use it for all pics, tutorials, and personal docs. No more lost stuff!!!

https://my.syncplicity.com/Signup/Us...aspx?plan=free

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

leebeads.etsy.com, leebeads.artfire.com
Old 2010-10-22, 2:29pm
birdergirl ~o~

Thanks Melodie!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~raised by wolves~sleeps with foxes~cooks for crows~feeds the bears~scrabbles with squids~antisymmetrical~politically agnostic.

Torchering glass since spring '06~ gold cricket & oxycon!~
Old 2010-10-22, 6:19pm

Doesn't something truly free feel soooooo good?

Old 2010-10-23, 8:51pm
Dancing Moon Shadows

I save all my tutes to my gmail account. That way I an access them from any computer. I also save them on my DROIDX so I can look at them any time, anywhere. Oh, I also have them on one of those keychain storage disks.

I'm seriously addicted to my glasswork, can ya tell?

[/b][/i][/font]
Old 2010-10-25, 12:50pm
To Bead Or Not To Bead

I keep all of mine in my yahoo email account online just like Andrea except she uses gmail.

Patsy

Ebay:
Old 2010-10-25, 1:47pm
Salt Box Beads

I print all of mine out for a nice hard copy to go into my binder and then I download them to external thumb drives. So far so good.....
Old 2010-10-25, 7:17pm
Never give up

I never thought of that , what a great idea. If you want to send the free ones to me let me know I would love to have them.
Old 2010-10-25, 7:23pm

You can also spend approx $50 and have an external hard drive. Be consistant in downloading all your files (even your working files) into one folder. For me it's my documents folder. I back it up to an external hard drive, unplug it and I can go through it anywhere. Laptop, school etc. That way if I have any crashes, all I have to do is install the programs again.
I also wipe out my hard drives on a regular basis (every 6 months) to keep the computer running fast and clean. it's amazing how it clutters.

Old 2011-01-02, 12:35am

Here is where I got hung up. I back up everything to a thumb drive and at my job, we did an external hard drive backup. But it there was a fire, or in my case a hurricane, those systems could be lost too, in one fell swoop. I have my tutes backed up on gmail, too. But my photos and docs were still at risk so My DH, the geek, had me do Syncplicity and there was enough space that I added my tutorials there as well. Short of global annihilation, I am good to go!!

Old 2011-01-02, 8:26am
Carpe beadum

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoon View Post
Short of global annihilation, I am good to go!!

Soli Deo Gloria
Old 2011-01-02, 10:59am
Never give up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reenie View Post
You can also spend approx $50 and have an external hard drive. Be consistant in downloading all your files (even your working files) into one folder. For me it's my documents folder. I back it up to an external hard drive, unplug it and I can go through it anywhere. Laptop, school etc. That way if I have any crashes, all I have to do is install the programs again.
I also wipe out my hard drives on a regular basis (every 6 months) to keep the computer running fast and clean. it's amazing how it clutters.
Thanks Reenie thats what I did. I now have an external hard drive. Yeah never lose my stuff again.
Old 2011-02-03, 6:26pm

yes, unless you have a house disaster and all equipment goes away. Then the external drive is useless...or you could take the external drive and put it in a safe deposit box offsite. But then you'd have to make a trip to the bank every time you wanted to do a back up...right?

Old 2011-02-04, 9:24am
A lesser known character

Try this. 25 GB's of free storage. That's a whole lot of tutorials.

http://explore.live.com/windows-live-skydrive

Last edited by Icarus; 2011-02-04 at 9:25am. Reason: gigabytes (GB's), not gigabit per second (gbs).