Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2011-09-10, 1:35pm
I'm meeeeelting

Fun!

Foot Pedal Tutorial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-09-11, 12:41am

Sounds like fun!!

You know when you where a kid after camp you feel down, I kind of feel down and sad it ended. Hopefully can do it all again next year. With kids in school I am so excited to be able to do all that I learned

Old 2011-09-11, 5:00am
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

I'm literally buzzing for days after this event
with all the information I've accumulated. And
yup, it does feel like camp, and it makes me happy
to know that next year I get to go back and hang
out with all the happy campers again .

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2011-09-11, 9:37pm

Where to start. I am so excited to do more glass and to try my new found glassy information. Patty your vessel class was awesome and thank you so much for the vessel for Percy...it was much loved..I believe it is going into a shadow box memory box with his picture. I also was so impressed that I could actually blow a vessel Yahooo. I love these little pieces of glass works. The first one I made I kept blowing it out, the next one turned out perfect in the bottom but my top didn't want to stay put...but now I am confident I can do this and will create some vessels of my own. Thanks for your expertice teaching.
Stacy, OMG cabinet knobs. I would have never thought..these are amazing and so much fun because they can be and look like anything and be awesome. Again my first one was a little too long the 2nd one was fine...now just to keep it fresh...but I know where you play with glass so I am going to be a part of the group...I need an outlet for sure

Margaret...I love the fact that you are a biologist...one of my favorite subjects in school. It is very cool you have incorporated them in your work. I enjoyed making the maze bead...and my butterfly wing. I have some questions still but I am excited about this technique of enameling..thanks for sharing your passion with us.

For Deb....HUGS..always. I want to thank the academy..lol...well the GS group for gifting me a medical scholarship this year was extremely hard for me to be there but it was much needed and my psyche has been given an uplift. Glass stock is very meaningful to me in many ways. Deb you are Queen...love you girl Since coming home I had to make the decision to leave teaching and apply for Disability..a very hard decision..but the glow of glass stock made it easier..now I will figure out my life as a hippie bead making, street fair worker. See ya soon...Glass stock is just around the corner again.

jo
Old 2011-09-11, 9:52pm
Angel's Mom

The ideas I learned from are still bouncing around in my head. I made some blank white beads last night and hope to do some MZ vitreous enamel painting this week. I am hooked on felting, thanks to Felicia and Stacy's felted coozies & Dr. Meow's felted purse class. So far I've done one felted purse and started kintting. When my Nuno books get here, I want to make fabulous, blingy scarves like hers! And I want blingy kevlar gloves like Stacy made and sold in the silent auction. The ideas keep me up at night!!

I hope to get to the metalworking studio and make silver rings ala Felicia, and want to try another boro jellyfish--John Lindquist makes it look so easy, and my fellow students made some rocking pendants and earrings!

The extra bonuses this year were fascinating: watching Dave P. and his amazing boro goblet/decanter skills in action, watching Paul T. from TAG and the techs pull glass from the crucible, and watching a Vitrograph demo....GlassStock is the glassy highlight of my year! I learn tons from the classes, and more from the students and demos!

Thanks to Deb, Bernie, Sue, and all the staff and techs and volunteers who bust their butts to bring this together! Hope to see you all next year!