Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2013-07-27, 8:45am

Talking Holly Cooper in Maine---Rare Chemistry I & II---Oct. 12-13, 2013

Please call to reserve your seat! Registration is closing in just two weeks!

Holly Cooper will be teaching a two day workshop at
Playing with Fire!- Rockland, Maine

Holly will arrive here newly inspired by her recent trip to Turkey where she was the featured artist at The Glass Furnace! Along with a "little" side trip to the Greek Islands... Holly is bursting with designs and inspiration! (As if she wasn't already!) If you've taken a class with Holly, you already know how amazing she is, and you won't want to miss this opportunity! If you've never taken a class with Holly, THIS is your chance!

October 12 & 13, 2013, Saturday/Sunday

Join us for Holly's exciting new set of classes which explore the chemistry behind Holly's amazing work!

Rare Chemistry I - October 12-Saturday

Special Materials: Silver leaf, Silver Foil and Silver Glass
This is day-one of a two-day workshop in which Holly will share her unique surface techniques involving different forms of silver and applied stringer. These forms include silver leaf, foil and Double Helix silver glass.As we explore these techniques we will see how silver and hot glass transform one another in multiple ways.

This class is designed to open up new ways of using these special materials to add patina and depth to the surface of glass beads. In this class you will be able to see inside Holly's creative process as she explains her method of exploration of these various forms of silver

Rare Chemistry II - October 13-Sunday

Special Materials: Copper Leaf, Copper Powder and Enamels

In the first segment of day-two of this workshop we will explore the use of various forms of copper as a surface design element with powdered enamel as a base. Using glass stringers, copper leaf and powders we will create patterned surfaces rich in depth and layered interest.

Later in the session the focus will turn to enamels as an additional element to create complex, yet subtle, textured patterns.

These combined techniques will utilize the interplay of various materials to enrich the surface of your work.
Holly Cooper — October 12-13, 2013
Rare Chemistry I, and Rare Chemistry II
Oct. 12-13, Saturday-Sunday Class hours 9 to 5.
$485.00 Lunches included. Materials fee-TBA

Please give us a call to speak for a seat, and then please submit our enrollment form to register. The wonderful Old Granite Inn is just a few doors down the street, and welcomes Playing with Fire! students with their lovely hospitality and a special student rate.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Playing with Fire!; 2013-08-31 at 7:09am.
Old 2013-08-04, 11:13am
Fire Monkey

I'm really excited about this new class. I can hardly wait!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2013-08-31, 7:13am

Registration is closing in just two weeks!

Old 2013-08-31, 7:27am
Glassss... Wooood... Yum

I am in and very excited!!! Anybody that wants to come to Maine for vacation and needs a place to crash for a couple of days before or after the class, you can stay with me! (must like dogs though...) I have a kayak and a lake! I bet I could even find someone to get you from Portland Airport.

Pam
Old 2013-09-07, 4:56am
Glassss... Wooood... Yum

Lobster is cheap this time of year!
Old 2013-09-07, 6:17am
Fire Monkey

Wow, Pam! That's a generous offer! Thank you. Can't wait to meet you and eat some lobster together

Old 2013-09-11, 3:43pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly View Post
Wow, Pam! That's a generous offer! Thank you. Can't wait to meet you and eat some lobster together
Holly, Pam IS generous and very funny! But please don't tell her I said that, as she'll get a swelled head and will be impossible!

Old 2013-09-12, 6:20pm
Glassss... Wooood... Yum

Hahaha... too late Virginia. So excited! So who else is in? Anybody wanna share a room with me Saturday night? Anybody wanna come early or stay late? The fall foliage might still be really pretty.
Pam
Old 2013-09-12, 6:24pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamw@sacoriver.net View Post
Hahaha... too late Virginia. So excited! So who else is in? Anybody wanna share a room with me Saturday night? Anybody wanna come early or stay late? The fall foliage might still be really pretty.
Pam
"IF" I win my small claims case next Tuesday, I'm in. Cross your fingers, toes and eyes for me that Justice isn't blind.

Sue
and the present is a gift.
Old 2013-09-12, 6:44pm
Glassss... Wooood... Yum

hope you win! Hope you win! Hope you win!
Old 2013-09-13, 11:15am

Oh Sue, hope you win, hope you win, hope you win!

Old 2013-09-13, 2:18pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playing with Fire! View Post
Oh Sue, hope you win, hope you win, hope you win!
You and Ed will be the first to know. I'll stop in when I'm done. The Courthouse is in Rockland- somewhere. (Must find courthouse... must find courthouse... must find courthouse...)

Sue
Old 2013-09-14, 9:33am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue in Maine View Post
You and Ed will be the first to know. I'll stop in when I'm done. The Courthouse is in Rockland- somewhere. (Must find courthouse... must find courthouse... must find courthouse...)

Sue
Wait, wait... There is a Sue-is-Lost-Again joke here, just begging to escape! LMAO!

The courthouse is very easy to find. Seriously.

It's on Union St. which is the one way, southbound Rte 1, street that parallels Main St. It's about a block and a half from here. We can almost see it, looking to the left, from the front door.

We'll be thinking good thoughts for a win. Do stop by when you're done.

Old 2013-09-14, 10:27am

I so wish I could do this...

Facebook:

Free Lampwork and Jewelry Tutorials, with easy searching, prominent linkage to your shop or site, and rotating featured tutorials:
Old 2013-09-14, 2:16pm

any chance of a similar course in Europe??
Old 2013-09-17, 12:01pm

The spot that I was hopeful for in this class if I won in court today is now available since I lost my case.

The extra is just not in my budget right now. I very much wish it was. Playing With Fire has the best classes- great studio and wonderful teachers.

Sue
Old 2013-09-17, 2:14pm

Aww, I'm sorry to hear that! If I had the money for the course I'd drive and sleep in my car, but it's just not to be.

Facebook:

Free Lampwork and Jewelry Tutorials, with easy searching, prominent linkage to your shop or site, and rotating featured tutorials:
Old 2013-09-18, 1:25pm
Playing with Fire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverlilly1 View Post
Aww, I'm sorry to hear that! If I had the money for the course I'd drive and sleep in my car, but it's just not to be.

[Virginia here, posting on Ed's account...]

Oh Melissa, really, you would come?! We could do a payment plan if that would help. Seriously. (of course, that goes for Sue, and anyone who is interested). Please PM me if you like!

And for lodging, it's possible to do a room-share with our students at the Old Granite Inn (a few doors down the street)... the Inn is very accommodating, they're really nice folks! (Students can feel free to coordinate that through this thread.)

Playing with Fire!
Old 2013-09-18, 10:41pm

Thanks Virginia. That's an excellent offer!

Facebook:

Old 2013-09-24, 9:14am

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverlilly1 View Post
Thanks Virginia. That's an excellent offer!
Oh Melissa, thanks! If it helps makes a class happen for someone who'd really like to be in the class... everyone wins!

Old 2013-09-27, 10:35am
Playing with Fire!

Hey Everyone! ,
We've got two seats available to fill out this class!

Please give me a call -- 207-594-7805 --- if you can join us for what will be an amazing and incredibly valuable class!

Playing with Fire!

Last edited by Ed_Slawson; 2013-09-28 at 12:41pm.
Old 2013-09-27, 3:41pm
Glassss... Wooood... Yum

Seriously folks! My DH will be away hunting and I live on a lake if you want to make a mini-vacation out of it... You have to like dogs and yours are welcome if they play nicely.

Pam
Old 2013-09-28, 9:28am

Quote:
Seriously folks! My DH will be away hunting and I live on a lake if you want to make a mini-vacation out of it... You have to like dogs and yours are welcome if they play nicely.

Pam
Oh Pam, thanks! That is a really nice offer! A mini lake vacation (and Pam's area is *gorgeous* (well, all of Maine is gorgeous, but I'm kinda biased, LOL!)... and doggy play dates!!!!!! WoW!

Old 2013-10-11, 8:29am
Playing with Fire!

Holly arrived late last night, we have an absolutely full class. It is going to be a wonderful weekend, a fantastic teacher, and some of the very best (and fun) students in the glass world! Wish you could all be here.

Playing with Fire!
Old 2013-10-11, 9:54am

Sounds like it will be a fun class, wish I could be there! Have a great time!

Tina

Old 2013-10-15, 4:22am

Any follow up and pictures to make those of us who couldn't make it jealous? And what's this I hear about the differences between a boy dog and a girl dog? There was only a hint that there was a chuckle or two over this....

I'm glad all had a grand time and am sorry I missed it.

Pictures? Please? Pretty please?

Sue
Old 2013-10-15, 1:37pm
Glassss... Wooood... Yum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue in Maine View Post
Any follow up and pictures to make those of us who couldn't make it jealous? And what's this I hear about the differences between a boy dog and a girl dog? There was only a hint that there was a chuckle or two over this....

I'm glad all had a grand time and am sorry I missed it.

Pictures? Please? Pretty please?

Sue
Now you know what happens in Rockland, stays in Rockland.... Holly needs an anatomy lesson, Ed got all excited when Gumby "rode the dragon...", I had to sit at the kid's table, and the Canadians made one-eyed monsters..

Sorry you missed it.

All that, and Holly still accepted my friendship request on facebook...LOL

Last edited by pamw@sacoriver.net; 2013-10-15 at 4:00pm.
Old 2013-10-20, 11:08am

Quote:
Now you know what happens in Rockland, stays in Rockland.... Holly needs an anatomy lesson, Ed got all excited when Gumby "rode the dragon...", I had to sit at the kid's table, and the Canadians made one-eyed monsters..

Sorry you missed it.

Aww Sue, I just don't know where to begin, we had such a good time! So wish you could have been there. I do know that when I write my book, Pam is going to be the co-author.

Old 2013-10-21, 7:24am

Quote:

Sorry you missed it.

Hey Pam, I hate to break this to ya but....she accepted mine too. If she accepts mine, she'll accept ANYONE'S request! LOL

Duane

REVAMPED WEBSITE NOW OPEN