Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2011-03-04, 8:18am

If anyone ends up having a problem finding a place to stay at the last minute, they are welcome to stay at my house, which is about 45 minutes away in Tryon, NC. I will be driving up and back and am willing to share the ride... it is easier to stay awake when chatting with others in the car. It looks like Beth Walter is staying with me Friday and Saturday night, and I have room for one more. I am getting very excited. Terry, I love your animated icon... that seems to be something dogs and cats like to do with TP. Julie Mc
Old 2011-03-04, 11:49am

That's so kind of you, Julie! You'll love Beth...she's a sweetie!

I used to have a cat that thought the TP roll was the "bestest" toy around. The cats I have now don't bother it but they don't know that they are cats.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-03-14, 9:28am

Fire on the Mountain is getting closer, but all the posts have stopped. I guess everyone is getting ready. I have a question, would anyone prefer some of my etched bead caps for trade instead of beads? I have some custom designs I am going to etch this week, I will be doing them in brass and copper in two different finished diameters (so they can be stacked up) . I will patina the recessed design, then dome and polish them in a tumbler. I will make these for the 3/16" mandrel beads that we will be making in the workshop. I can also make some aluminum caps from a sheet I rolled a pattern into, but the aluminum doesn't take a liver of sulfur patina, and remains bright. If you have any ways to color aluminum, I would love to learn the method.
See all of you soon.
Julie
Old 2011-03-14, 10:43am

Julie, I'd say that you'd likely have lots of people interested! Your work sounds very interesting. Nothing says it has to be beads...we have people who bring other kinds of jewelry-related work, tools, supplies, etc. and it's always a happening place for selling/trading.

I can't believe it's almost time for FotM! See you all there!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-03-14, 2:33pm
Senior Moment

Hey Julie......I'll trade ya!

Ten days.....is everybody ready???

See ya soon

Old 2011-03-14, 7:57pm

Hey Julie - as usual, I will probably not have trade beads, but I'm thinking I might like to buy some of those caps!

Marjorie
Old 2011-03-15, 5:14am
Certified Glassaholic!

Ugh, I can't believe it's next week and I won't be there

Old 2011-03-15, 10:38am

We will definitely miss you, Yee! <3

Old 2011-03-15, 2:54pm
Senior Moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeepers View Post
Ugh, I can't believe it's next week and I won't be there

Old 2011-03-16, 6:45am
Enabler

We're gonna miss you, Yee!

I can't believe its only eight more days! I've gotta chain myself to the torch this weekend and finish filling up my trade box!

Considering all the stuff I need to pack, I'd better get started on that pretty soon, too. I had a nightmare last week that I got to Asheville and realized I'd packed everything, then drove off without loading it in the car!

Old 2011-03-17, 7:26pm

Just checked the 10 day weather forecast for Asheville. As of next Thursday - goodbye nice warm weather. Forecast is for highs in the 50s and lows in the 30s. It is supposed to be sunny most of the time so we'll be just fine but some layers might be a good idea!

Marjorie
Old 2011-03-18, 6:56am

Perfect beadmaking weather!

Old 2011-03-18, 8:52am
Enabler

Yep. Sure beats the sweat box we had in the fall! LOL! Body heat, torch heat, and burning excitement should make those temps just about perfect.

Old 2011-03-20, 2:51pm

Ok, gang...the nametags are done, the official FotM shirts are ready at the printer, and I've almost got enough food cooked to keep my boys happy while I'm gone. I'm ready to head to Asheville! How about YOU?!?!

Old 2011-03-20, 3:01pm
Senior Moment

WooHoo!!! Its this week!
See you all on Thursday
travel safely

Old 2011-03-20, 8:01pm

I started packing last friday. I have been waiting so long to do this. Can't wait to meet you all. And see those of you I already know.
Old 2011-03-21, 4:02am

wish I had started packing last Friday, but no - have it all to do tonight and tomorrow night!

See everyone at 6:30 Thursday evening - travel safely.

Marjorie
Old 2011-03-21, 7:49am
Enabler

I've started packing some metal stuff, but still have all my glass demos and personal stuff to tackle. Maybe I'll start a list at lunchtime today!

Woohoo....three more days, just three more days!!

Old 2011-03-21, 8:00am

Hey Angie - I have lists but attending Michael Barley's class in Atlanta over the weekend was a LOT more appealing than packing the truck. Tonight's the night - it must be done.

M.
Old 2011-03-21, 9:36am

I have made bead caps for the 3/16" mandrel beads in copper and brass. Does anyone want some other sizes? I can also make standard small ones for wire wrapped or strung beads, or larger holes for 1/14" tubing. Tell me what you need asap. Wednesday night is the last night I can work on them. Julie
Old 2011-03-21, 12:43pm
Enabler

Julie, it sounds like part of our metals class is gonna be a snooze for you! LOL! You're obviously already way ahead of the curve.

Marjorie, I'm soooooo jealous!! I would have loved to have taken Michael's class.

Old 2011-03-22, 8:40pm

All Packed headed to bed. Have to be at the airport by 7:30 for my 9 am flight to Atlanta. Then to Asheville on Thursday. Hope everyone has a safe trip. See ya soon.
Old 2011-03-23, 8:51am

I'm doing last minute errands before my drive to Chattanooga this afternoon then we'll be heading to Asheville early in the morning to get everything ready for you guys!

I just can't figure out why my "to do" list keeps growing longer instead of getting shorter.

Old 2011-03-23, 3:56pm
Enabler

You guys travel safe, Terry! I'm finally packed and ready to go. Leaving around noon tomorrow, and I already know its gonna be a loooooong morning at work!

Old 2011-03-23, 4:12pm

off to put the last few things in the truck so we can hit the road early in the morning. See everyone in Asheville
Marjorie
Old 2011-03-23, 4:43pm
Senior Moment

Woo Hoo!!

Old 2011-03-23, 6:30pm

Now we can start teasing you with the plans for Hot Time in September...

Marjorie
Old 2011-03-23, 6:57pm
Senior Moment

do we need a countdown to September?

Old 2011-03-23, 7:05pm
Certified Glassaholic!

What are the proposed dates for Hot Times?

Old 2011-03-24, 7:35pm

Yee - I don't have a calendar with me, but it's the last full weekend in September.

We miss you,
Marjorie