Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2015-11-13, 3:02pm
Loving learning

Question Is there a site with photos of rods & samples?

I was wondering if there is a chart anywhere with photos of the boro rods before the flame, and results. I am trying to figure out what the shorts I bought are (many are unlabeled) so I can look them up & figure out how to bring out their best side.
Old 2015-11-13, 7:29pm
Slogan Challenged...

Oh you and me both Eileen. There is a color testing thread somewhere but it is far from complete and you have to dig. That would be cool but I suppose it can vary so much too, maybe happy accidents to start?

Facebook:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Etsy:

Old 2015-11-13, 8:23pm
Loving learning

I am going to have to go that route for many colors, but at least I can tell some of them do something now. I hope to melt the ends on more in the next few dayß too.
Old 2015-11-14, 9:13am
Wonder-wench

John Lindquist has written a series of articles on his experiments in this exact subject, I think it was in Glassline, he has FB posts on this

Old 2015-12-07, 7:21pm

I know I'm a little late with the reply but Salt City Glass has an awesome website for just that. All their colors have a picture of the rod with the end melted and twisted so that you can see the color change if there is one. They also have a description for each color with tips on how to best use it, and the different ways to achieve different results. I haven't bought glass in a very long time but they were super helpful. They would even try to help with identifying a color if you email them a picture of what you've got.
Old 2015-12-07, 9:19pm
Loving learning

Thank you. I did start melting ends, and can tell that some have a color shift or go metallic, so maybe I can try to match some of them.
Old 2015-12-19, 8:50am

Default mystery rods

We had bought a mess of glass from an estate sale and there were quite a few mysteries, still are. I was really wanting some double-amber purple and went digging, found an sku number on one rod and sure enough 6761 is ns-26 double amber purple, yay 2 lbs or more of magic crayons. (Thats what I like to call colors like this) The rest of the rods I heat each end, oxy rich/low and flatten out a small round, then I head to my wall charts of colors. I got 2 different ones from Whale several years ago, I'm sure they have others now. Hope this helps you, good luck I still have mystery glass, I still use it and make up names for it myself.