Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2006-02-03, 5:00pm
Bracelet Ho

Default HELP, What is this?

I bought this a couple of years ago and just found it in a stash of glass. I know it is moretti but other than that I am stumped. It is hollow tubes as well. The rods are light pink to medium pink. Any ideas?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2006-02-03, 5:21pm
Bracelet Ho

LOL I shouldn't say I know it is moretti, I think it is.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2006-02-03, 5:22pm
<--- Time traveler

Hmmmm.... Is that seeded glass? Lots of tiny bubbles inside? I think you should send it to me for testing!

Courtney
Old 2006-02-03, 5:33pm
tinkmartin.etsy.com

Does it look "satiny"? If so, then it's the seeded glass.

Also Available in
: my Electroforming for Everyone booklet.

Old 2006-02-03, 5:35pm
Surrounded by Trouble

Looks just like the seeded glass I got in a trade.
It's really cool to blow vessels with. Encase it with a transpeant color, it's great stuff!

Old 2006-02-03, 5:37pm
Bracelet Ho

Yes it does look satiny! But when I hold it up I don't see any bubbles or seedy. Do I have pink seedy? and what can I do with it? LOL, ok I know I'll get a few answers for that, but I meant is it compatible with all the moretti or is it like the opalino?

Old 2006-02-03, 5:44pm
tinkmartin.etsy.com

If it looks satiny, then it's the seeded glass! Yay! It's really shocky, so beware of that before you start. The bubbles won't be apparent until you start melting the glass.

It's 104 COE and I've encased it with pretty much every transparent in the Effetre palette over the years with ZERO losses.

Here's a page I put up with seeded glass works:
http://blackswampglassworks.com/seeded.htm

Also Available in

Old 2006-02-03, 6:08pm
Bracelet Ho

Tink, WOW, those beads on your site are awesome. I am in awe, please come to Canada to teach!

Old 2006-02-03, 6:15pm

Yummy, I would love to try some of that type of glass. It probably isn'tr available any longer. You lucky person.

Rose Leslie
Old 2006-02-03, 7:09pm
Bracelet Ho

Oh my gosh, I just looked up effetre seeded! I am too scared to use a rod that costs that much, umm back it goes to be hidden in my stash. There were numbers on it 593008, 593108, 593128 which I think is the clear, pink and purple. Thanks for identifying it for me!

Old 2006-02-03, 10:15pm

Oooh... you would have been fine and made beautiful things if you hadn't looked that up....
I'd follow Sheryll's advice - it's already paid for, go ahead and use it!!! (When I bought it last I think it was $12.50/lb, so it may not have been expensive when you got it.)

~:
:~
~:
:~ Nikki ~:

~:

"...living hopefully ever after..." -john lennon
Old 2006-02-03, 11:03pm
tinkmartin.etsy.com

USE IT!!!!!!!!!!!

And Rose is right: It's no longer available.

Oh, and plans are in the works for Canada. John can tell you more about it. He takes care of all that stuff, then tells me where we're going and what kind of weather to pack for. LOL! You can email him at john@blackswampglassworks.com

Also Available in