Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2008-04-21, 7:37pm
Obsessed Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Dawn View Post
I'm with Lori on this one. I'll demo what people want to see torch wise. You'll have to hook up with Lori for the burping lessons

Dawn

Tip number one...Coke works better than beer...even if you chug the whole thing at once.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
::
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-04-21, 7:44pm

Ok, Tuesday, April 22 is the last day to get me your bead picture if you want to be included on the t-shirt/sweatshirts/etc. (Mostly because I still have to get my picture to myself )

I have 14 pictures so far -- anybody else? I've got them all in kind of a checkerboard pattern with the names below them. Still hoping for pictures from:

Paula Canant
Lori Greenberg
John Hurlbert
Jan Burrows
Chris Dalrymple
Rona Horn
Sharlyn Premuda

Do you think I should put a statement with the pictures? Last time it was "I Melt Glass... The Scars Are Worth It". Suggestions/opinions are welcome.

Last edited by Robinj; 2008-04-21 at 7:47pm.
Old 2008-04-22, 7:03am

Thanks for extending it Robin! I just sent a note off to some of the slackers... I think it would be fun to have a slogan again... let me think. In the meantime maybe someone else will have a brilliant idea!!

Old 2008-04-22, 7:57am
Crispy Critter

Hey, Nancy, I didn't have Robin's email address and sent you my picture Sunday night. Didja get it?

Old 2008-04-22, 6:13pm
Loook eeentooo my eyyees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinj View Post
Do you think I should put a statement with the pictures? Last time it was "I Melt Glass... The Scars Are Worth It". Suggestions/opinions are welcome.

How 'bout "Many Torchers Await.....Cabin Reatreat 2008"?

-
-

Old 2008-04-23, 11:24am

Not bad Lisa... Anyone else?

Old 2008-04-23, 11:50am
Crispy Critter

I love the "I melt glass" slogan, but here are some other ideas:

Pyromania '08

Lampworkers Like It Hot

Fire+Glass=Heaven

Real Women Play with Fire

A Great Piece of Glass

You'll have to pry my torch from my cold, dead fingers

Old 2008-04-23, 12:03pm
Your Royal Fritness

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdd View Post
I love the "I melt glass" slogan, but here are some other ideas:

Pyromania '08

Lampworkers Like It Hot

Fire+Glass=Heaven

Real Women Play with Fire

A Great Piece of Glass

You'll have to pry my torch from my cold, dead fingers

I don't think Jim would go for "Real Women Play with Fire".... come to think about it I have seen him in drag I sure wish my older pictures were still on this PC, DRATS.

I like:

Lampworkers like it HOT & Pryromania 08'

Dawn

Old 2008-04-23, 12:18pm
Crispy Critter

Yeah, I thought of the few guys who would be there, and didn't think they'd object to wearing a pro-female shirt.

Old 2008-04-23, 1:41pm
aka Spawn Of Flame

Quote:
A Great Piece of Glass
snicker...
I kind of like this one.

--
--
--

Old 2008-04-23, 2:16pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosemarie23 View Post
snicker...
I kind of like this one.
...snicker... me too...

Old 2008-04-23, 6:34pm
Superkitty

Quote:

A Great Piece of Glass
Chris, I agree... 'Nothing feels as good as a great piece of glass!'
Old 2008-04-23, 8:19pm
Crispy Critter

Old 2008-04-23, 8:28pm
Loook eeentooo my eyyees

Pyromania '08 I like....and also a good piece of glass (I have to agree with everyone on that!!!!!!!!)

-
-

Old 2008-04-24, 11:36am

I see a consensus forming...

Last edited by NancySellsGlass; 2008-04-25 at 11:46am.
Old 2008-04-28, 4:24pm

Gosh I'm behind! I'm going to have them up one way or the other by midnight Tuesday.

Do we have a saying for the back? I also need a cabin photo that's good enough quality to be enlarged for the front -- anybody?

And Chrisdd, I need your last name please.
Old 2008-04-29, 11:12am

I just sent you a picture - not sure if it'll work but it was the only one I could find at the moment...

Old 2008-04-30, 1:22pm
Obsessed Blogger

Are we excited yet?

Old 2008-04-30, 2:08pm
Crispy Critter

Are you kidding??? I've been excited since about 5 minutes after the last one ended!

Old 2008-04-30, 3:24pm
Obsessed Blogger

Hey! What's on the menu this year?

Old 2008-04-30, 4:04pm
Superkitty

I hope table nachos again!
Old 2008-04-30, 4:58pm
Loook eeentooo my eyyees

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriGreenberg View Post
Are we excited yet?
Uh-huh, uh-huh, I'm excited, I'm excited, I'm dancin', and dancin'
woooo hooo.

-
-

Old 2008-04-30, 5:48pm

You guys crack me up! I think the menu is going to be about the same as last year... pasta bar Friday night... table nachos Saturday night but we're going to do soups for lunch on Saturday (sorry Lori - no substantial meat! ). Then easy breakfasts ~ cereal, oatmeal, etc. I'm low on friends that can help this time so we're going to have to kick in and help with some of the meals. But with our smaller group I figure that'll be no problem!

Old 2008-04-30, 5:58pm
Your Royal Fritness

I'm ready for a weekend off! Were in the middle of remodeling our house (graduation party June 7th) wood floors, ceramic tile, painting etc...... Hopefully tomorrow I can put the kitchen & bathroom back together. You should see washer & dryer I bought today.... shesh, they have come a long way in 18 years!

I can't wait to see old friends and make some new ones!

TTFN, Dawn

Old 2008-04-30, 6:00pm
Crispy Critter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancySellsGlass View Post
we're going to have to kick in and help with some of the meals.
SAY WHAT??? You mean for my $30 a day I don't get waited on hand and foot? What kind of a low-rent retreat are you running here?

Old 2008-04-30, 6:06pm

Ok, some of the Cafe Press stuff is up. Don't order anything yet -- we can probably do a bulk buy and combine shipping. Unless they changed something, I need to put up multiple stores in order to have a specific item availalable with different pictures (e.g., you can't have the "Basic T-shirt" with a variety of designs unless you pay for the upgraded shop).

Prices listed are the BASE prices through Cafe Press -- I haven't added any additional charges. If I remember correctly, you only get a discount if the shop owner buys multiples of the same thing. I don't think the "value t-shirts" are included in the multiple item discount.

This is Beads On the Front -- A Great Piece of Glass (front picture only, no cabin photo).
http://www.cafepress.com/cabin_2008

This is Cabin On the Front (front picture only, no beads photo).
http://www.cafepress.com/cabin_2008_2

This is Cabin On the Front / Beads on the Back -- A Great Piece of Glass (pictures on front & back, $3 more).
http://www.cafepress.com/cabin_2008_3

This is Beads On the Front -- Guess which one I made! (front picture only, no cabin photo).
http://www.cafepress.com/cabin_2008_4

Last edited by Robinj; 2008-04-30 at 7:50pm.
Old 2008-04-30, 6:24pm
Crispy Critter

Hey, Robin--I can't find your stuff. The link takes me to a sign in page and searching for Beads On the Front brings up a design that's not yours.

Old 2008-04-30, 6:50pm

Oops! I fixed it.
Old 2008-04-30, 7:37pm
Crispy Critter

Oh, those look GREAT!!!

Old 2008-04-30, 8:09pm
aka Spawn Of Flame

Oh, I like them! And it looks like they even have ones that fit my, uh, chest area.

--
--
--