Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2009-08-27, 10:46am

Quote:
Originally Posted by patezd View Post

A new design for me......

This is a great design and should sell very well to horsie types. I think you would do well a horse show, rodeo, etc. However, I think they would also do well on simple ribbons at a craft show.

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-08-27, 2:48pm
Megan's personal Sherpa

Thanks Eric! That is great feedback! I have just been selling them to friends and special order so far but I do get alot of comments on them when I wear them around. I am working on building enough inventory to do a craft show or horse show. Through my equestrian pursuits over the years I have found some good shows to be a vendor at and just need to actively pursue that now. I really appreciate your comments as I have been a little intimidated about craft shows, thinking my stuff isn't good enough yet to pass muster. Some of the shows really require quite a resume as an artist in order to get in! Anyway, I just keep practicing. One interesting story, on our vacation from Washington State to South Dakota this summer, I hauled along a pack of beadies and jewelry that I have made over the past 4 years just in case I ran into anyone that likes the stuff. I was wearing one of my soft glass beads when I went into the office at a KOA camp and the ladies that ran it were so interested in it they ended up buying most of my inventory! I couldn't believe it! Helped fund the trip! Moral of the story........you just never know when an opportunity will come along!

Thanks again!

Deb

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Flinging flaming frit at friends for fun!

Deb
Old 2009-08-28, 4:48am
boro color bender

Yea Deb... you should do very well with those... Nice job!

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2009-08-28, 4:49am
boro color bender

Here's some cane I'm having custom made at Northstar... this took me about 2 minutes to make... if you want some, go check out the sale rack or my website...

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2009-08-28, 7:09pm
Megan's personal Sherpa

Thanks Brent! Both you and Eric are such great artists........your wonderful comments make me all verklempt!

Deb
Old 2009-08-29, 1:21pm

Allright gang, I've been sitting here reading and looking at all the pretty and unusual things you have been making. I've been making a few things too and now it's your turn to check mine out.

I hope that didn't overload you too much. I didn't post everything but I just wanted to share some of the things I've been doing.

Greg

A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 2009-08-29, 4:42pm
boro color bender

Very cool Greg! Nice switchbacks!

Old 2009-08-29, 5:43pm

Thanks Brent

Greg

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 2009-08-29, 8:29pm

Hey Greg...if you pick the back of your air traps out before you put the backing color on...it will make your designs flow together alot more.

After your last implosion....let it cool a little....then take a small clear rod....just pick off the exposed color...then back it. Thats what makes it so there are no holes in the implosion.

does that make sense? Pm if not and I will try to help you out . That one small step will really make your designs so much tighter.

Hopefully I didn"t offend you but I think you will really like the results.

Get Your New Hagstrom Art Glass Videos on my website and Etsy now!!!
Old 2009-08-30, 7:11am

Sharing this info... What a kind thing to do!!! I for one, sure appreciate it... You have a big heart..

Old 2009-08-30, 11:33am

Everyone's work is wonderful and exciting as usual. Thanks for sharing.

Minor
Old 2009-08-30, 12:36pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAG View Post
Sharing this info... What a kind thing to do!!! I for one, sure appreciate it... You have a big heart..
I very much appreciated it too. I did PM him and he PMed back already to clarify for me. I think it's wonderful that he takes the time to help me out.

Greg

Old 2009-08-30, 1:26pm
Megan's personal Sherpa

I'm finding boro peeps to be very helpful individuals! I really enjoy the camaraderie and support I get from all my friends in the boro room!

Deb
Old 2009-09-03, 8:35am
mystical cat lover 56

Beautiful !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2009-09-18, 9:16pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunyip View Post
My cousin Bryan got married this past weekend, this is a little something I made him to commemorate the occasion.
very impressive tree! where did you get it?