Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Shows and Festivals

Shows and Festivals -- Upcoming events

Old 2011-08-17, 3:02am
sunscreen me baby

Default BeadFest Philly Booth Numbers - Roll Call

I'm going to be there in 923.

Deanna Chase will be right across from me in 924.

Where will you be?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2011-08-17, 4:46am

Smile

I'll be sharing a double end cap with three other ladies from the Chicago area... Cindy MacEwen, Diane Tarullo and Karen Ovington. We will be in booths 509 and 608. Come by and say "HI"!!

We're all very excited about the show, and eager to see how the new venue site checks out. I'm sure having it all on one floor will be a big welcome. Philly, here we come!!!!!

Old 2011-08-17, 5:59am
AKA: Noodlesaurus

Oh what a great idea...
I am in booth 435,437and 439 with Hye on Bead... Suzanne has a bead store with tons of supplies and tools....
I will be by myself so PLEASE stop by and say hello!!!....

or
,~Punties, Mandrels,Beads.....GTT Phantom....
Old 2011-08-17, 5:13pm
Common Lurker

I'll be sharing booths 509 and 608 with Ofilia Cinta, Karen Ovington and Cindy McEwen!

Car is packed and ready to roll! Can't wait to get there!

ETA: whoops, I see I missed Ofilia's post!

Old 2011-08-19, 6:17pm

It was great to see you all today!!! Hope you had a great opening day.

Old 2011-08-19, 7:30pm

I Second that!!! Hope you are all having a great show!!! I saw some gorgeous lamp work today! Typing on this IPad is kind of funny!!!

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2011-08-19, 8:48pm
Triumphantly Knit!

I wish I'd seen th is before we went. we'll be back sunday.....

namaste
Rowyn

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right"

"Only from the heart can you touch the sky"

"Be kind whenever possible.It is always possible
Old 2011-08-21, 3:44pm

Made it home. Abut 6 hours each way. Ugh. But still worth it!
Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2011-08-28, 10:47am

Hey Paula! Great to see you after so long!

We folks from Illinois were extremely happy with our show results. At first, the impression of the cavernous, dusty venue was odd, but when the folks started pouring in and dropping the cash, it was truly a pleasant surprise!

We made it a point to ask several folks their impression of the show. Oddly, there were quite a few random folks I asked that said it was their first experience at BF Philly, so they had nothing to compare it to, but they wide smiles and happy eyes indicated they were completely thrilled.

I did hear one complaint of toilets and food. We were by a bathroom that had more than a half dozen stalls, so I don't know where the problem was in that respect. Food, well, we as vendors know that it's generally better to bring your own to things like these....... There are so many places to eat well in the area, that a nice side trip for lunch could not hurt anyone.

We stayed at the Fairmont that included for $109 double room, free breakfast. The breakfast frankly, tied us over for the most part of the day. Yogurt, hot fresh waffles, cereal, egg breakfast sandwiches, granola bars, fresh fruit, juices, coffee, pastries, bagels.....let me tell you, a little napkin packs a nice lunch took.

We also learned that this funky looking "Expo" center is host to many other events for the locals, so it was well known to them and how to find it.

I hope that with proper time of planning, they return the lampwork classes. One important thing though, will be good ventillation. There was a torched on enamel workshop happening by the entrance that really stunk, this coming from me who is generally the test canary in a group. I know if I was a student there, I'd have run out of there with a tremendous headach. Hope this aspect of the show is well planned out for next year.

The paying public was very, VERY supportive! I really liked us all on one level.