Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2011-02-27, 6:57pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger View Post
Quick question... Are the CBS colours named after the 'cooked' colour or the 'raw' colour? I got a dichro sample pack recently, and I know at least one of the pieces is mislabelled (the emerald and aqua pieces are identical, both cooked and raw), and I'm not sure about some of the others too... Like 'green/magenta' looks green/magenta raw, but cooked it looks like it might be salmon. So is this mislabelled salmon, or correctly labelled G/M?
It's probably not mislabeled Some of the Dichro looks the same before a flame hits it and yet may have 2 different coatings. All the dichro is made by CBS that is sold here . The difference in ours is Trev had them coat the colors he liked together and then he named them all.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-02-27, 11:15pm

I need to try some dichro. I have some sitting in my studio, but its so damn expensive that I am afraid to use it. I did pickup some boro sheet for pretty cheap. I'll have to try that.

Orion- Try booting from a Ubuntu Live CD or USB flash drive. http://www.ubuntu.com/

You can copy your data off even if your windows OS is corrupt. Then install Ubuntu and be done with Windows forever!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-02-28, 12:07am
don't burn your fingers!

okay, I am running windows vista and I hate it, so how do I do the Ubuntu thing? I am sort of computer illiterate, but I know enough to get myself in trouble.

and Austin Thin films, I wanna try it, but I can only seem to find COe 90 on the internet, got a link for someone who sells it in 33 coe for my boro? lemme know please!

Thanks!
Old 2011-02-28, 12:53am

Can someone tell me how to get the Dichro to break up like in the picture? When I did boro dichro it was really solid. I know I am doing something wrong

Old 2011-02-28, 2:45pm
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by bead crazy View Post
Can someone tell me how to get the Dichro to break up like in the picture? When I did boro dichro it was really solid. I know I am doing something wrong
It depends on the particular color. Some do it, some don't. If you use a patterned dichro, it's easy to get big chunks like that.

Starship Tical turns into "needles" when it gets hot, like this:

Old 2011-02-28, 4:00pm
Astro Cat

The dichro I used that broke up into big chunks was purchased when I took a class at CBS. I am not 100% sure of what it is. The dichro I suspect it is isn't one that is readily available in small quantities to test out
my Scorpion!