Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2011-03-10, 6:08am
Pyromaniac

Rodger, I think she is talking about Onekura's website which has a tutorial posted or possibly the technique discussed here: http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=188169 (or maybe both!)

Beautiful work all!

It's been a good long while since I've posted any of my work here, so, with no further ado, Here's a purse (made byThumbtack Leather) featuring one of my iris cabs (props to Wickedglass for the base tech). I ran into these guys at the Florida Renaissance Festival and we've been frantically trading our wares each week (yeah, I have season tickets).
Attached Images

Fortune Cookie say, "When things go wrong, don't go with them!"

Current Glass-Melting Apparatus:
GTT Lynx powered by 2 5 LPM Oxycons and
a sexy Barracuda running pure tanked Oxy

Last edited by Bunyip; 2011-03-10 at 6:13am. Reason: I had a lot more to say :)
Old 2011-03-10, 9:02am

Great pendants Torchgirl!!!
Old 2011-03-10, 9:05am

I love this collabe work you are doing Chris. Great eye-dea,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2011-03-10, 6:02pm
Bernhard Riegler

some fumed pendants with two closeup pictures

Bernhard Riegler - Bay of Islands - New Zealand

Last edited by Onekura; 2013-12-13 at 6:47pm.
Old 2011-03-10, 6:03pm
Bernhard Riegler

and some more . . . on the bottom ones I wanted to see how far gold fuming can go

Bernhard Riegler - Bay of Islands - New Zealand

Last edited by Onekura; 2013-12-13 at 6:47pm.
Old 2011-03-11, 8:17am

Nice!

Old 2011-03-11, 8:16pm

Default Link

http://www.bushbeads.com/Album/goldf...ant/index.html

My bad it's bushbeads.com. He has photo tutorial showing how to do it and I like the results with this method much better than the way I was doing it.

Glad you like my silver fuming. I can't get the gold to work yet, getting a nugget next weekend and hope I can get it to work right. I'm also getting some Kimble glass which makes the fuming look more blue. My results have been best using black raven as back ground, also lockness and black elvis.

Good luck and post some pictures.
Old 2011-03-12, 3:36am
boro color bender

I got to play with a new sparkle color Glass Alchemy is working on.... it's my new favorite and I can't wait for it's release... here are a few quickie shots of a test heart... the bling is insane!

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2011-03-12, 11:59pm

What a lovely show. Here's my tentative offering.

Any ideas how I get the coral blush to be more coral, it stuck differently in the kiln. Maybe it was too hot???

Í'm also wondering if I take part of the frame away (supports). This piece is still a work in progress

Monique
https://bodaciousglassbeads.wordpress.com
Attached Images

Old 2011-03-14, 5:45am
boro color bender

Let me give you all something to look at in the boro room besides some spammer asking us to click on links to ED meds...

Here's some work from yesterday... Vegas stock is getting better... I'm developing another new tech... here's still of the results. I'll make some video soon, so you can see what it really looks like.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2011-03-14, 5:46am
boro color bender

Sorry the fisrt pic is so bright, they are just that reflective... who needs dichro? I don't need no stinking dichro.

Old 2011-03-14, 5:57am

Those hearts are just gorgeous! So when will we expect Boro hearts 3 come out

Monique
http://bodaciousglassbeads.wordpress.com
Old 2011-03-14, 6:00am
boro color bender

As soon as i have time to take a deep breath... LOL

Old 2011-03-14, 7:58am

woah, BLINGGGGGG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by menty666 View Post
Hey Christian, what was the complaint with the china white?
Hey Tom, the china white is mostly fine, but it can have problems when you overwork it or heat it up, let it cool and then heat it up again. It causes a surface reaction. Also a coating over clear can cause the white to tear on cooling, so I like to bring it down real slow and even that isn't a fail safe with larger work. It's great for small work, but once you start getting bigger and more complicated it can be the devil!

Speaking of china white, here's some pendants with it.
Attached Images

Running a
by Miema on LPG and oxy bottles and a GTT Mirage.
Old 2011-03-14, 8:37am
Borovangelist

Thanks!

|
|
Old 2011-03-14, 11:31am
Borosapien

wow that Dragon is so coool
and those hearts are awesome

Old 2011-03-14, 11:44am

Default Beautiful, looks like Dicro.

Can't wait to try
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Smiley View Post
Let me give you all something to look at in the boro room besides some spammer asking us to click on links to ED meds...

Here's some work from yesterday... Vegas stock is getting better... I'm developing another new tech... here's still of the results. I'll make some video soon, so you can see what it really looks like.

Old 2011-03-14, 12:07pm
Mandrel Slayer

Gorgeous!!! Smiley man.

Nothing right now

What happens in Rockland, stays in Rockland.....
Hellcat, Two M-15s, propane and finally no tanked oxy.
Old 2011-03-14, 7:47pm
boro color bender

Thanks everybody... I pulled 6 out that i made this morning before heading to Disney with Shawn T and her son... her son Preston drove away with one of them... fastest scoop ever!

I'll get more pics taken when i can... I've got 2 weeks of prep for Vegas, so that's my focus right now...

Beautiful work in here as always... Wicked, wicked as always... love those fish... you are such a well rounded glass artist. You do so many things very well...

Old 2011-03-15, 10:15am

Here's a stopper I put together yesterday. I made a stand out of 5mm rods to hold the stopper for display purposes.
Attached Images

Old 2011-03-15, 5:32pm

Brilliant glass stand Maxk, and the imploded flower is not to shabby either.

Old 2011-03-15, 7:31pm

http://bushbeads.com

Hi Roger,

The web site is bushbeads.com I'm not sure what clear I used, either simax or pyrex. I have heard that Kimble makes the fume more blue and am getting some.
Old 2011-03-16, 5:55am
Newb boro fanatic

It looks pretty nice and blue to me already! haha
I've heard that Pyrex and Kimble are pretty much the same too, and both apparently fume 'easier' than Simax... An interesting topic about the different clears: http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=187662

Old 2011-03-16, 9:50am
Geeky Glass Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onekura View Post
wonderful work here - a little dragonfly from me

This is beautiful! I love dragonflies!
Old 2011-03-17, 4:35pm
Torchaholic ;)

Cant believe the bling on those hearts, and wicked those pendants are awesome!!

Here are some more New mexico collab pieces. I did the color Mt. Burn from socorro new mexico did the clear.

FOLLOW OUR TRAVELS IN THE MOBILE SHOP !

Old 2011-03-17, 4:39pm
Torchaholic ;)

Group shot of all our fun!

FOLLOW OUR TRAVELS IN THE MOBILE SHOP !

Old 2011-03-17, 5:09pm

I've been wanting to take one of J. Kubuki's classes. Here are some of my wanna be attempts.
Dave
Attached Images

Old 2011-03-17, 5:50pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Smiley View Post
You do so many things very well...
Thank you Brent, I muchly appreciate it. I'm beginning to suspect that I suffer from some form of attention deficit because as soon as I've obsessively worked out one thing to my satisfaction, I move to the next thing to make, in relatively short time. There's so much I want to learn and do! Some of my galleries get a little frustrated with me, lol.

Running a
by Miema on LPG and oxy bottles and a GTT Mirage.
Old 2011-03-18, 5:33am

What talent.... I'm lovin' it. Great showing!!

Minor
Old 2011-03-18, 8:21am
Melting

Awesome.

~
~
~

SRA Member #E20