Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2006-10-29, 11:14am

Default Recycling clear boro ?

I have been practicing figurines with clear boro and have several pounds. I hate to throw it away. Any advise other than making clear frit? Thanks
Old 2006-10-29, 2:02pm

Sorry I should have put this on the boro page! Tried to delete it and I can't figure it out
Old 2006-10-29, 2:11pm
boro color bender

You can always remelt it down and pull stringer.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2006-10-29, 2:54pm
Skeptical Optimist

Default Recycling rocks!

Yeah, Not sure if the bubbles make a difference later but when I do my pendants and sculpture I tend to pull off the excess on the lens and lay it on a steel shingle on my bench(my benchtop is thick wood and the loose bits burn it and stink the place up). About once a day or at the end of each session I collect the bits and put them in ziploc containers for later. I separate clear from color and clear w/color in it so that later I can pull stringer/make twisties with the color ones. I melt down gobs of the clear and pull 3mm stringer out of it to use later. It has come in handy when my punties are all in use or when i'm trying a new shape in sculpture.
Old 2006-10-29, 4:51pm
boro color bender

I personally just throw it out. I know, I'm wasteful... but it's so cheap and I find the impurities normally ruin something good. My advise it to just buy a new case of clear and start a junk bucket.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2006-10-29, 5:02pm
Skeptical Optimist

Yeah, it can really ruin something if there's hidden bits of debris in it, but we're still starting out and I can't buy more glass till I sell some stuff to pay for it, so those scraps help in practice times so I don't waste my precious new glass. I hope I'll be at a point where I don't save them in a few months , but till then *sigh* every bit (of color at least) counts for something.

Patrice & Paul, Running a Mirage and Barracuda on a Pro-8.