Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2006-11-07, 11:45am

Default Recommendation for Patriotic boro colors?

Living here in Texas I am getting requests for stuff with the "Texas colors" on it. I thought they were the same colors as the US colors, but apparently I was wrong. I would like to use non transparent colors if possible, but I can always back the transparent colors with white it necessary. Specifically, I am looking for a red, white, and blue that will look nice on the surface. I am ready to order some more white rod as well, and the last batches of both GA sno white, and NS star white I came accross had lots of bubbles in the rods. The egyptian white sand has been much better, but it is not white so it won't work.

Thanks,

Eric

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2006-11-07, 11:52am
ID10T Problem Solver

Not sure if you can still find it, but Denise sent me the most incredible blue from Draconis....Blue Satin is what the tag says...it's sooooooo pretty!

***Scorpion (4 stud)***

Last edited by jana; 2006-11-07 at 12:06pm.
Old 2006-11-07, 12:00pm
ManBearPig

Parramore white is the best. If you can't find it, let me know and I'll get you some. Boro bars white works well too, but they are only 4" long.

GA Red Crayon and Lapis Blue are the colors that come to mind for "patriotic" colors.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2006-11-07, 12:08pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo
Parramore white is the best. If you can't find it, let me know and I'll get you some. Boro bars white works well too, but they are only 4" long.

GA Red Crayon and Lapis Blue are the colors that come to mind for "patriotic" colors.
Thanks Chad,

I will pm you.

Eric

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

Old 2006-11-07, 12:39pm

Eric... and since it's Texas.. don't forget to implode a yellow rose!

Old 2006-11-09, 7:28am

i used momka's carmen red the other day, really nice! not as boily as ga red crayon.
ro