Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2010-06-08, 9:50am
Glass my new Obsession

WoW Gorgeous showcase! I take my first Boro class Saturday and I can't wait

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-06-08, 1:22pm
product of the universe

Harold- That is AMAZING work.

And the men who hold high places,Must be the ones to start,To mold a new reality,Closer to the heart--Rush

Currently using fire.
Old 2010-06-08, 3:50pm
Glassy Broad :-)

Ok, crawling back into my hole again
Well done everyone!!!
Nita

Missing my Mini cc & two oxy cons!

The difference between Try, and Triumph, is a little Umph!
Old 2010-06-09, 2:38am
boro color bender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
Harold...

What do you use to do the cuts on those?
Ninja skills and lasers mounted to hamsters... the hamsters aren't ninjas just yet... but he's working on it.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2010-06-09, 2:38am
the german guy

excuse my dumb question but harold waht ist that? buttons? idk what it is, but looks amazing

kind regards frank
Old 2010-06-09, 5:16am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Smiley View Post
Ninja skills and lasers mounted to hamsters... the hamsters aren't ninjas just yet... but he's working on it.
I heard he's scrapped the hamsters and he's now switched to penguins!!! But shhhhh, top secret! He'd have to kill me if he knew that I know ... Know what I mean?

Meanwhile back on the island ........

Running a
by Miema on LPG and oxy bottles and a GTT Mirage.
Old 2010-06-09, 5:42am
Boro Brat

Hamsters are evil little devils. Seriously, they bite worse than I do.

Old 2010-06-09, 6:16am
Marbles, dude, Marbles

Default Re: what do you use to make the cuts?

What is the 'cut' that you are referring to?

Old 2010-06-09, 7:51am

Below is some of Harold's work, the glass is built up with different colours and then miter cut to reveal the layers and patterns ... It's not an uncommon technique, but he's particularly excellent at it and has raised the bar quite a few notches!! Harold can talk about the rest if he wants to.
Personally I think he's insane, but that's because I hate having to cold work my glass.

Running a
by Miema on LPG and oxy bottles and a GTT Mirage.

Last edited by wickedglass; 2010-06-09 at 7:54am.
Old 2010-06-09, 8:11am
ManBearPig

Hopefully Harold will chime in. I know Andrew Brown uses the same technique on some of his paperweights...

Old 2010-06-09, 8:13am

Great work so far....and it's only the beginning of June!!! Ok, almost the middle

I can't believe I'm going to post these right after Harold's incredible work.

A Stacked Necklace...

Revisiting an old(er) design of mine (a friend on FB told me not to call them older. Instead call them Classic )...

Old 2010-06-09, 8:59am
The Venerable Bead

wonderful show! Love your collection harold!
here are some bezel set boro cabs
Attached Images

Paula AKA The Venerable Bead

"I believe in pink, I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
— Audrey Hepburn

flaming away on a betta, natural gas, and 2 M-20's

Old 2010-06-09, 8:29pm
boro color bender

We're gonna have to have a play weekend... We'll make the glass... then we'll make the metal! Fantastic work ladies!

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2010-06-11, 4:58am
She's Back & Burnin'

Ok, you guys have me in drool mode!!!

Gorgeous work!!!

Sara

Old 2010-06-11, 5:11am
Life is good

WOW, you guys really amaze me every time I look in here. Still a newbie, but have come up with a few hearts with the help of Brents DVD. And a dogwood I made for a friend.
Attached Images

Old 2010-06-11, 8:07am
The Venerable Bead

thanks brent i would love to have a play date with you

Paula AKA The Venerable Bead

"I believe in pink, I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
— Audrey Hepburn

flaming away on a betta, natural gas, and 2 M-20's

Old 2010-06-11, 9:10am

That dogwood is lovely.

Old 2010-06-11, 9:25am
Life is good

Thank you Emma.

Old 2010-06-11, 9:31am
Dreams in glass....

Hey Everyone!!

Some boro pebble pendants from me.....

Old 2010-06-11, 10:51am
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Here's a simple claw, wire wrapped.

Name:  033.jpg
Views: 752
Size:  26.8 KB

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2010-06-11, 1:24pm
Madmanmarbles

Wow, Fantastic stuff from everyone... I as well hope for Harolds return.. I love coldworking, just not the time involved..
Joe
Attached Images

[color="Red"] Chettah
Old 2010-06-11, 3:56pm
maybe tomorrow

This is my first ever attempt at photographing boro. Dang! You all make it looks so easy! I'm also set up to photograph focals, so really need to make some adjustments for photographing sets. I'm fairly new to boro, so was just playing with color combinations. Naturally, I didn't take any notes.

Old 2010-06-11, 9:11pm
Dead man walking

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedglass View Post
Below is some of Harold's work, the glass is built up with different colours and then miter cut to reveal the layers and patterns ... It's not an uncommon technique, but he's particularly excellent at it and has raised the bar quite a few notches!! Harold can talk about the rest if he wants to.
Personally I think he's insane, but that's because I hate having to cold work my glass.

I just saw Harold's display at BnB today. Beyond words, awesome work Harold!
Old 2010-06-11, 9:12pm
Dead man walking

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebirder View Post
Wow, Fantastic stuff from everyone... I as well hope for Harolds return.. I love coldworking, just not the time involved..
Joe
I really like that one Joe, very cool!
Old 2010-06-11, 9:56pm
Borovangelist

I love the wire wrapping Brent, is the technique to do the neat staggered look in the left picture on the second row covered in the dvd?

I haven't been making much "pretty" stuff lately, I've been busy with an order for drawer pulls. I'm about a third done on this order and got another similarly sized order from the customer's neighbor for the same thing today.

The original pull that started the whole thing:

The mistakes fine tuning the color and flame chemistry:

The first 10 of a 28 piece order:

|
|
Old 2010-06-12, 8:41pm
No Problem!

Excellent work gang. Harold you deserve all the respect we've got. No doubt laboring for the love.

Been ages since I've posted so I'll drop a few.

(Beau & Shani)

Old 2010-06-12, 10:13pm
Borovangelist

Awesome colors, Beau!!

|
|
Old 2010-06-13, 1:02am
don't burn your fingers!

Beau,

Do you have any tutorials out there for us to buy so we can try the hollow beads. Well, at least I am interested.

Thanks!
Old 2010-06-13, 5:08am
Life is good

Again, very nice work from everyone. Here are some more "Mr. Smiley" hearts that I just pulled out of the kiln. They seem to photograph better in the natural light
Attached Images

Old 2010-06-13, 8:51am

Stunning work everyone. I'm always impressed with all the different ways people use glass.

Harold - What an amazing collection. You are definitely a master.

Beau - gorgeous!

Here's a butterfly and a flower marble from me.

Denise