Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2010-07-14, 8:12am

Default Double Helix Olympia Rain

Hi..I misplaced my very small stash of the very first 3 colors of DH I purchased when they first came out.I carefully put it wrapped and away so I wouldn't lose it as I had only ever bought Effrete and it was like gold to me.So of course I lost it in my overwhelming compulsion to buy more and more new glass.I finally found my DH and noticed I had not only the regular sized(about 4mm) rods but had a big handful of 8-9 MM rods.They were not labeled but I tested both batches today and they indeed are DH OR.I know there were problems with it but don't remember what they were and I would like to actually use it.Does anyone have tips...photos especially of what to do with it...and if you recommend I send it to you for further testing..well..you for sure will make me laugh and I could use a good laugh today
"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-07-14, 8:20am
Crazy Snake Lady

OR is what is used in the Storm Beads by Amy/AKDesigns.

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=140300

Here is a link to the tutorial.

http://beeswaxrubberstamps.com/lampworkbeads.htm
Old 2010-07-14, 8:22am

AH..thats right.I have Amy's tutorial on Storming..thanks for reminding me,Laurie!
"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-07-14, 8:34am
Crazy Snake Lady

My pleasure - have fun!
Old 2010-07-14, 8:43am
Glass-aholic

you can go to DH's website and see pics of some things people have done, and get tips on how to work it. I love this color!

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.:
Old 2010-07-14, 8:51am
Creatrixie

Seems to me that Olympia Rain is the best for Amy's storming tutorial! DH did a limited run of OR after they'd discontinued it because she begged/pleaded/demanded!

Have fun!!! (I wish I had some OR... I've been storming Aion and Aion2)

~Mary

There's always something new to learn!
COE 104
Old 2010-07-14, 9:43am

Thanks for all the advice..I see a storm brewing!
Mary..since you haven't stormed with the original OR..I will send you a couple rods.I might want Honey crunch or something one day Just kidding on that Crunch....
PM me..k?
"

Old 2010-07-14, 3:44pm
Creatrixie

Thumbs up OR love

Really?!? Thank you Diana! That's so generous of you!!!
I've sent you a PM.
I wish I had some Honey Crunch that I could send you....

~Mary

COE 104
Old 2010-07-14, 3:54pm
Creatrixie

Smile One I thought worked out nicely...

This is Stormed Aion, over CiM Hades, encased in Eff 006 clear, with a base of TAG Dalai Lama, Dk. curdled Ivory, with reduced Aurae accent dots...

When I remember to take notes, I start from the "inside" at the mandrel and work my way out. eg. Dalai Lama/Dk.Ivory/Hades/stormed Aion/Eff 006/Aurae

~Mary

COE 104