Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2010-04-24, 9:06pm
Somebody's watching me!

Default What's the best way to cut Millefiori?

I have this idea for a millefiori. it will be my first to make and pull. what's the best method for cutting them to size? disc cutters or what? i dont own a cutter yet of any sort and have done fine without thus far. But i'd like to get the best for the purpose since this seems to be my only specialized cutting need. thanks yall

-justin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-04-24, 9:22pm

Tile nippers are my favorite. Especially for small one. Over 10mm and you might want a saw or to practice on some clear first.

Just gave myself an idea, clear disk rollup on AP or Multi.

Old 2010-04-25, 12:07am
visit my etsy!

I tried with a pair of the nippers that cometogether like rabbit teeth - I'm not sure what they're called - I raided my hubster's tool box for them.

But they chippped and scracked all over the place, and made some pretty murrini's pretty useless!

So last week I invested £20 in some mosaic cutters from ebay, and it's amazing - tiny little perfect slices of glass. I've happily cut up to 8mm with mine.

Kirsty
Old 2010-04-25, 10:46am
maybe tomorrow

I use these (the ones at the top of the page) that I got from Malcolm at ARTCo. I LOVE them! They cut rod and cane better than anything else I've had.

Here's another thread in the Garage area where several others commented on them also. (the thread may eventually be deleted by the OP, but it's there for now).