TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2010-04-28, 1:37pm

Exclamation Order hot off the press, Vittorio Costantini DVD!!

Just out, Vittorio's DVD put together by Corning Glass..... Check it out! This is a MUST HAVE for any glass library.

http://glassmarket.cmog.org/browse.cfm/2,94.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-04-28, 1:42pm
da General

Have you seen it, Ofilia? I am interested but the description really doesn't tell me anything about the dvd! What does it show? What does "a unique opportunity to experience Costantini's genius" mean in terms of content of the dvd? Is it just an interview with Vittorio and a showcase of his work or does it show his actually working on a piece or two?

|
|
|
|
Old 2010-04-28, 8:20pm

Smile

Hi Haley, I have not seen it, but Graziela told us it had many pieces being made, but which, I do not know. Vittorio had just actually gotten his copy one day when we were in the shop last week and the mail lady delivered it! It's super 'hot off the press'! All I know is I'm getting it. I might check first if they carry it at Hoy's so I don't have to wait and ship. You know any DVD on the man has GOT TO be awesome! This would be a first commercially produced DVD of him at work.

Old 2010-04-28, 9:13pm
Critter Mom

Ofilia your great...thanks so much for the news. I just ordered mine, couldn't pass this up. He makes the most incredible little bugs and his fish, well they are perfection. I can hardly wait !

Old 2010-04-28, 10:07pm
Flame Dames Rule!

I was in Vittorio's class at Corning where Robin filmed it. He's won an oscar in the documentary category, and probably did a damgoodjob with the film! Vittorio demo'd a LOT more stuff than he usually would have done in a typical 5 day class, and I'm expecting the video will be absolutely worthwhile. Just wish it had all 5 days film on it!

*s*

Sharon Peters
New Bead Display Stands Available - pm me!

Specializing in Critters and Puns and other Cool Stuff...

Old 2010-04-29, 5:07am

Going to order one ! Thanks for the heads up Ofilia !

Old 2010-04-29, 5:20am
Happy Beadmaker!

Just ordered mine, thanks for heads-up, O!!! BTW, great to see you this wknd!

~
~
~
Old 2010-04-29, 9:00am
I speak Murrini!

Wow...if we're talking about how to make bugs and small creatures, I definitely want it! I just went to order...but I see they don't take PayPal I'm gonna wait to hear some initial reviews, then throw down the AmEx!

De

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2010-04-29, 9:29am
Otter

Very cool just ordered mine Vittorio's one of my favorite glass artist and such a
wonderful person.

Can't wait to get it.

John

Murrini for Sale

#R124
Old 2010-05-19, 1:27pm

We saw him work his magic in his shop in Venice in 2005. My two sons were mesmerized, and when I had to go back to Murano the next day to buy "just one more Carlo Dona tool", my husband and sons stayed behind and wandered back into Vittorio's shop to watch him again. We came home with two gorgeous fish and two delicate wasps. I have to believe any video of Vittorio working will be fab, and I'll certainly buy one.
Old 2010-05-20, 2:48am
Knob Creek Glass

I have the video and watched it the other night. It is wonderful. It will not teach you step by step to master his work. But, you do see lot's of ideas to incorporate in your own work. A great addition to the class that he taught, and I took, at the Gathering awhile back. And Sharon, I did see you face in the video. You look absolutely amazed! I loved it when he wiggled the warm fish to make it lifelike.
Old 2010-05-21, 4:47pm
da General

I finally had a chance to watch it yesterday and I LOVE him (and Graziella). I was in the same class with Barbara at the Oakland Gathering in 2007 . . . if anyone has an opportunity to take a class with him, DO! I wholeheartedly agree with Barbara that this dvd is a wonderful addition to the class! Thanks, Ofilia!

|
|
|
|