Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2008-07-29, 8:50am
boro color bender

Arrow White gunmounts... heads up... stash found!

Ok, I got mine and told a few friends who were hopefully smart enough to order them by now. Mine came in yesterday and they are definitely the real deal. Where can you get some?

Winship has them... I hope there's some left for you guys. These are the origional white ones and I love them. At $20 a pound, you can't beat it!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2008-07-29, 8:51am
boro color bender

http://www.winshipdesigns.com/home/w...un_mounts.html

Here's a direct link...

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2008-07-29, 4:35pm

Hey Mr. Smiley...

What do ya do with gunmounts?

DBN
Old 2008-07-29, 4:36pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Are the white ones rarer than the other colors?

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2008-07-29, 5:24pm
Serenity Now!

Nickeson - if you wanna know, just do a search here in the Boro room...they've been discussed time and again...

I don't get it...other than the price, which admittedly is good - why bother?! I don't think the price outweighs the "bothersomeness" of sticking 'em all together, la-di-da...

If I want some white that's smooth and creamy, melts like butter, and that I don't have to "futz" with, I just use Parramore white. Can't beat it, imho...

As a side note, if I found a deal - which I've been known to do in the past, I would hop on over here and share it right away with you Boro peeps - as I've done...isnt that the way it's supposed to be?

Chacun a son gout, I s'pose..."I hope there's some left for you guys"...whatev...

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:

Last edited by Over the Moon; 2008-07-29 at 5:27pm.
Old 2008-07-29, 5:50pm
In search of her path....

also note winship has a $50 minimum order

Prints for sale in my
!
Old 2008-07-30, 7:18pm
boro color bender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over the Moon View Post
Nickeson - if you wanna know, just do a search here in the Boro room...they've been discussed time and again...

I don't get it...other than the price, which admittedly is good - why bother?! I don't think the price outweighs the "bothersomeness" of sticking 'em all together, la-di-da...

If I want some white that's smooth and creamy, melts like butter, and that I don't have to "futz" with, I just use Parramore white. Can't beat it, imho...

As a side note, if I found a deal - which I've been known to do in the past, I would hop on over here and share it right away with you Boro peeps - as I've done...isnt that the way it's supposed to be?

Chacun a son gout, I s'pose..."I hope there's some left for you guys"...whatev...
Sorry I didn't hop on over and share something you didn't want fast enough.

You share things how you want and I'll share them how I want. I thought maybe I'd post them after I got mine, to make sure they were the origional and not something new.

I don't melt them end to end... I mean I guess you can, but I've found that one stuck to the end of a clear rod and melted into a gather is just about perfect for the base gather...

Got anything else you want to complain about?

Old 2008-07-30, 7:20pm
boro color bender

Quote:
Originally Posted by squid View Post
Are the white ones rarer than the other colors?
Yeah.. they are harder to find. They've been sold for much more. I haven't seen them for $20 a pound in several years. This is a good score, if you use white.

Old 2008-07-30, 7:46pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Smiley View Post
Yeah.. they are harder to find. They've been sold for much more. I haven't seen them for $20 a pound in several years. This is a good score, if you use white.
Thanks! I have been using the boro bars, but I prefer the gunmounts when i can get them. They seem to keep their shine without having to encase them. I usually have to encase the white boro bars or they aren't as shiny as the other colors I use them with. But, maybe that is just me.....

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

Old 2008-07-30, 7:49pm
boro color bender

Quote:
Originally Posted by e. mort View Post
Thanks! I have been using the boro bars, but I prefer the gunmounts when i can get them. They seem to keep their shine without having to encase them. I usually have to encase the white boro bars or they aren't as shiny as the other colors I use them with. But, maybe that is just me.....
It's prolly not just you.

Glad I could help you find some of these. I snagged 8 pounds for myself and I used several pieces today. It was nice to have them back in abundance. I was down to less than a pound and I couldn't bring myself to use them. How silly is that?

I have some 3-D flowers planned to use these on too.

Old 2008-07-30, 8:59pm
Spoiled

Quote:
Got anything else you want to complain about?
Yes I do.

No, not really. I just felt like being a smartass.

An amazing Cuda with 2 M15's & propane, a Lynx, and a Tondodama torch.

Old 2008-07-30, 9:42pm
I speak Murrini!

Brent:

EDITING TO DELETE MY UNCALLED FOR REMARK, EVEN THOUGH IT WAS MADE TONGUE IN CHEEK, AND WASN'T INTENDED TO OFFEND!

Apologies all around!

~De

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro

Last edited by theglasszone; 2008-07-31 at 10:09am. Reason: Obvious reasons!
Old 2008-07-30, 11:38pm

Anyone want to share a order I don't want $50 worth? But I really would like to get some

Old 2008-07-31, 4:30am
boro color bender

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimee View Post
Yes I do.

No, not really. I just felt like being a smartass.
Random smartassery... gotta love it!

With that new car of yours, I'll bet you're really low in the "things to complain about" department. Have you opened it up yet or is it still in the go slower until it breaks in phase?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theglasszone View Post
Brent:

I don't use boro (except in my dreams!) but it seems to me that if YOU thought they were a good deal, and were willing to share your source (after bothering to make sure they were the real deal!) then I figure that most boro-peeps would appreciate it! Sheesh, can't win for losing, I guess!

I was spared having to open my can of "Whoop Ass" today by a slim, lucky margin. If you want, your welcome to borrow it!!! Interesting stuff...never seems to run out!

~De
Thanks De, but I'm good. Got me own can for the rare occasion. How's the little one eyed princess doing?

Old 2008-07-31, 4:43am
Gimme that silver glass!

Brent, do you have a pic of what this glass looks like when used? I love the ghostly look but don't think I can melt them on my lil' minor torch...

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2008-07-31, 5:02am
boro color bender

These are really thin short bars... and the color starts white... and stays white. It's kind of a milky white. Has a translucent look to it. I normally cover it with an amber purple color, but I'm getting ready to do some 3-D flowers, leaving them unencased. I'll post pics when I get them done. These are already flat and ready to be applied as petals. I normally have to heat a gather and then squash it flat. These will save me some time when I use them for flower petals.

These also don't boil. I guess you can over cook them, but you'd really have to over abuse it. Several years ago, it was the only white that didn't crap out when the flame looked at it. There are several descent whites out there now. I'd say the Paramore white is about the closest to this. I've heard that Roger is rebatching the white bars with some clear and pulling it into rod, so these are close cousins to his white.

I hope this helps. Sorry I don't have any pics of it unencased yet.

Old 2008-07-31, 5:29am
Gimme that silver glass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bead crazy View Post
Anyone want to share a order I don't want $50 worth? But I really would like to get some
If you don't mind shipping to the Netherlands, sure !

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2008-07-31, 5:29am
Gimme that silver glass!

Sounds good Brent, thanks. The bars on the pic look like elephant feet to me, but I'm glad to hear they are small and thin .

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2008-07-31, 8:32am
Spoiled

Quote:
Random smartassery... gotta love it!

With that new car of yours, I'll bet you're really low in the "things to complain about" department. Have you opened it up yet or is it still in the go slower until it breaks in phase?
I've only had it up to 120, hopefully I'll get a chance to really get on it soon. It's in getting a clear bra thing put on it today so it won't get as many rock chips on the front.

Is smartassery a word?

Old 2008-07-31, 9:04am
boro color bender

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimee View Post
I've only had it up to 120, hopefully I'll get a chance to really get on it soon. It's in getting a clear bra thing put on it today so it won't get as many rock chips on the front.

Is smartassery a word?
It is in my world.

120 is respectable... but I doubt you'll stop there. (What has Matt had it up to?)

Old 2008-07-31, 11:04am
I speak Murrini!

Quote:
Thanks De, but I'm good. Got me own can for the rare occasion. How's the little one eyed princess doing?
Hey Brent! Although I made the "W....A.." comment with a genuine "tongue in cheek" intention (and after nearly having to open the can on my kids FOR REAL!!!), I've edited my comment to apologize to anyone I may have hurt or offended! Sorry about that, folks!!!

As far as lil' miss "Eye See You" is concerned, all is well with her, ever after our shaker on Tuesday, which I think is contributing to the stress level and aggravation in my household! It's like we're all holding our breath, listening to every little creek and rattle, and waiting for yet another one to start!

Thanks for asking, though. And again I apologize to anyone I may have upset with my comment!

Contritely,
De in CA

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2008-07-31, 11:14am

I just got an 2 lbs of gunmounts in today, white and black. I'll have to give them a try tonight!

Burning a tanked Phantom
Old 2008-07-31, 7:36pm
Spoiled

Quote:
It is in my world.

120 is respectable... but I doubt you'll stop there. (What has Matt had it up to?)
Matt had it up to the same. The odometer goes up to 210 but Matt thinks it's governed at about 160, I'm working on finding out for sure.

Old 2008-07-31, 7:46pm
boro color bender

That may just need a new chip.

Old 2008-07-31, 7:58pm
boro color bender

Here's a few quick pics of this white unencased. I am not nearly done with this flower, but it gives you an idea of how creamy and nice this color is. No bubbles at all... it's milky and has a nice glow to it.

Old 2008-07-31, 8:42pm

I ordered mine! Can't wait to try it out...thanks for the heads up! Beautiful flower, by-the-way.

Old 2008-08-01, 4:19am
boro color bender

You're very welcome Heidi and thanks for the kind words.

Old 2008-08-01, 7:22am
Spoiled

Wow, that flower is awesome. And that white is very nice.

Old 2008-08-01, 7:27am
Gimme that silver glass!

Oh wow Brent, that flower is awesome (and so is the white!)!

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2008-08-01, 6:47pm
Pyromaniac

That is so creamy it looks like taffy, yum!

Sexy Barracuda and Mirage