Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions > Torch Questions

Old 2008-07-03, 7:17am

Default Phantom Photos Pretty Please :)

I have a Bobcat and Cheetah on order but would like to look forward to next year when id like to upgrade to the Phantom. Does anyone have some juicy images of larger work they have done on a phantom?

Or even say a comparison from there old torch flame to the new one. Lol anything to quench my first .

regards

Andrew.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
back up and running. Been months so needs major work. (updated 12/06 )
Old 2008-07-03, 11:30am

I'm at work now so i dont have any pics but i've done 2" marbles without a problem along with plenty of hollow vessels. The biggest i've ever worked is 50x5 mm tubing and 1" rod, i've never tried anything larger.

Try using the lynx centerfire while cracking open the outer green oxy valve. It'll give you a super hot, precise flame.

Burning a tanked Phantom
Old 2008-07-03, 2:49pm

Lol new i shouldnt of dont this, il probale end up putting in a order sooner. Would love to see some of your work if you dont mind Ben? Can i ask what you had before the Phantom please?
Thanks very muchly for the Reply.

Regards
Andrew.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-07-08, 9:30am

Sorry it took so long to reply. I worked a major/minor before I bought my phantom. The difference was amazing. It cut my down to 1/3 or even a 1/4 of what it was on the minor.

The marble in my display is a little shy of 2" vortex. Again im at work again so I dont have any more pictures. I dont have a photobox so I dont take many pictues of my work.. I probably should start tho..

Burning a tanked Phantom
Old 2008-07-08, 5:17pm

yep i try and take photos of everything. nice to see the change in your work over time.

What size oxy bottle do you use and howlong does it last on average. lol hard to workout what im asking. do you use it daily ?

Old 2008-07-13, 12:38pm

I just got my two stud Phantom two days ago, which is an upgrade from my Cheetah. So I've had limited experience with it to date. However, I can tell you that the flame is considerably wider and there's quite a bit of ambient heat. I'm going to need more practice to get used to the extra heat and oomph. I have a tendency to burn my clear if I'm not careful. I also have a Barracuda and though I think the flame sizes are similar (when running both inner and outer flames), the Phantom is definitely hotter and quicker. This is my third GTT torch--I'm partial to them.

By the way, I only do soft glass and I'm running this on two oxycons y'd together, a Regalia and an Airsep.

Hope this helps.
Old 2008-07-13, 3:21pm

Nice one. thanks for the reply. If possible grovel grovel could you do a couple of picies in the future im desperate . Even the cheetah as i have one of those on the way as well.

Regards
Andrew.

Old 2008-07-14, 6:15am

I use a K tank, (Large 5 foot tank) and when I use the outer ring I can burn up to 200 lbs an hour, maybe 250 or 300 if its raging but usually around 100-200 per hour.

Burning a tanked Phantom
Old 2008-07-15, 10:20pm

post pictures of work done on a Phantom? I think if you check the gallery and peoples signatures you might see a ton of work done on those torches. are you considering purchasing one? If so, what do you picture your self making is more important to be honest. not trying to be a wise guy. the phantom is a outstanding torch for any level of experience.

------------------------
Kobuki*Delta Elite*Mirage*Blast Shields*two DeVilbiss 5 LPM* tanks* foot pedal.