LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2008-12-15, 3:32pm
hi ho hi ho its off to ..

just ordered and downloaded the tutorial .... wow great stuff .... ordering some simax tubing (have another tab open) as I type should be here next week .... should have ordered the tubing first

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
People who call me weird think I should take it personally. if you really want to upset me you should call me normal !!!

on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-10-04, 10:05pm
Boro Bum

Hi, never post here before but i was reading this thread and remembered seeing this site before,
" http://www.howacoglass.com/glaskolben_tubes.html "
For all you COE90 folks this might be the thing for you and most of the hard work done "pulling points" . Pre pulled sealed end cylinders for under 1.50 and you can use COE90 stingers and frit to decorate them. These guys got some cool molds also.
Thanks for all the info I'm getting from you guys on this site just thought i would give a little back

Steve
Old 2009-10-05, 4:11am

I didn't read all 12 pages, but skimmed to see if this was anywhere and didn't see it. Hope no ones offended but since we might not all wanna do tubing etc, here's a link to a tutorial from 2003. Very easy icicle tutorial.
http://wetcanvas.com/forums/showthre...hlight=icicles
Old 2009-10-08, 10:59pm
Fire and Fluidity

The Flow magazine's Fall issue has my "easy column ornament" tutorial in it. It shows how to do a simple dot and lines on tube ornament. No pulling of points or any other difficult skills needed.

"It all depends on how you look at things" said the Churkendoose.

Old 2009-10-09, 3:41am

Me too. Mwahahahaha!
Old 2009-11-23, 8:52pm
Run Free Sweet Boy

the tutorial is 1/2 solid glass icicles, and 1/2 blown ornaments. you get a LOT of bang for your buck. its a tut you can grow with over the years.

Candice

"It's not what you have, it's who you are."
Old 2009-11-26, 7:45pm
Chrissy

I bought Candices tut and I love it!!!

Old 2009-12-13, 5:54pm

Candace, can you show us a pic of the ornament with the stars poked in it? I love this tutorial and purchased it last year. I've had great fun with it..

Old 2009-12-13, 6:17pm
Happy Beadmaker!

Omigosh! I bought this tutorial last year, got crazy busy, didn't have a chance to do anything with it!

Just today, I thought I'd print it out, and give it a try! Yikes, 78 pages long, Candace has given a LOT of different styles! What a great deal. Very well-explained, great photos, and just a full range of projects.

Had I known, I would have started this project weeks ago!!!

Great bang for the buck, thanks Candace!

~
~
~
Old 2009-12-14, 12:05pm
Run Free Sweet Boy

Liza,

I am not working right now, life is going insane. I dont have one made up right now, but it lends itself well to boro, and not to soft glass.. the poked stars thing.

Basicaly you heat about a 1/2 inch soft spot on the ornament and then use a VERY thin carbon rod and poke towards the center.... place 4 around the middle of the ornament belly and then a layer of 4 on the top and a layer of 4 around the bottom,,, put the top and bottom layer in between the first round and angle all towrds the center.

Note, dont let them touch inside, and keep the piece evenly hot till you are done or the stress monster will kill it. basically it looks like a star inside the ornament.

I use a carbon/graphite rod thats maybe 6 mm.. I get them at the welding supply and peel the copper coating off of them VERY carefully and sharpen one end. I suppose you could also use one of the long tapered graphites that has a sharpish point on it too.

and way back when... we used to get some of the glass paint like they used for faux stained glass and paint the inside of the star pokes for a colored star.. or use the gold that fires onto glass and paint inside it and fire it.

Candice

Candice

Last edited by patienthand; 2009-12-14 at 12:09pm.
Old 2010-11-24, 6:23pm

Anyone know if these tutorials are still available, I go to the site add to cart then hit checkout...nothing happens. Is it me or something else?
Old 2010-11-25, 6:04am
Run Free Sweet Boy

yes its available... there is an issue with the site, but it does let me know when a pay pal has been done and I will email the tutorial to you. I check my email several times a day, and send as soon as I get notice. you may also just do it through paypal and put ornament tutorial in the notes section. my addy is

patienthand at cfl.rr.com

thanks for asking...

Candice

Old 2010-11-25, 6:09am
Detail G-Mama!

Candace's tut is wonderful!! I highly suggest it!

Old 2010-12-01, 2:22pm

I just ordered the tutorial and it went through without any hitch. The pictures are very clear and the text nice. Can't wait to try some of them!
Old 2010-12-03, 3:22pm

Also there is a beautiful tut offered by Rocio / Ron Bearer, Jr. Not only a tutorial but an ornament, too! Offered under the tutorials section here on LE:

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...82#post3309782

Yvonne
Old 2011-01-11, 8:56pm
Fire n Sand Glass Art

Throwing these out here before it's spring, lol.

a bit wonky

~
~
~
~