Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2013-11-20, 6:25am

Smile Murano, Lucio Bubacco Workshop March 3-7, 2014

Ciao, Tutti! It's time for me to get out here again, and try to lure some of you glass folk to join our March, 2014 group for an awesome time in Murano, learning from Lucio Bubacco in his private studio.

Here is a link to a prior thread on some of the many sights, sounds and tastes you will be experiencing when coming to Murano for the full immersion art glass experience! http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=237035

I will forever toot the horn of paying homage to the motherland of our passion (art glass). It is a life changing experience that can have no price put on the personal impact it can leave you with.

The Muranese are the salt of the earth people. I love them to pieces! It would be an honor to turn you on to what this experience can be for you. I am looking for a few more souls to be part of our familia. Currently, we have an international group of 5 representing USA, Canada and Turkey . I love diversity in our group and always finding that commonality within us.

The dates are the first week of March, 2014, a five day workshop starting on Monday, March 3rd through that Friday, March 7th. We will be catching the tail end of the official Carnevale in Venice! Most of us are planning to extend our stay for the days preceding the workshop to dive into the festivities, of which there is much to see and experience.

The cost of the 5 day workshop is in US dollar of $1700. This includes access to Lucio's private studio, materials used in your projects and a light lunch, cooked by yours truly. I had to miss the trip last year, but this time, I will not miss it! My year is not complete without a visit to my life long friends in Murano. Come, find out what you are missing..... see beautiful glass all round you, meet fascinating artist and artisans, shop till you drop and learn from the best off mandrel figurative master in the world!!

PM me or email me directly ( ofiliacinta at earthlink dot net ) for details and questions, or post them here.... I LOVE talking Murano, as those of you who know me, can attest to this. I welcome any of you to share here photos and memories of your time in Murano. I've recruited well over 130 students over the years. It has been my absolute pleasure sharing and turning you on to what I've come to love so much.

Andiamo!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2013-11-20, 10:59am
BeadsonCypress

all I need is money.....

7+ years and growing - Mini-CC and O2 generator
Old 2013-11-23, 7:53am

Wink

Girlfriend, I say get yourself a sugar-daddy! Find a way!!! It will be so worth it ....

Old 2013-12-10, 1:20pm
Always learnin' & yearnin

what is the average expense for hotel with the class

Old 2014-01-01, 7:18pm

ci sono accordi vivono disponible?
Old 2014-01-01, 8:47pm

Default Go to Murano

Been there, done that, and I recommend everyone who works with hot glass needs to go to Murano. Stay a week after the class and explore Venice and the surrounding islands.

My tip for traveling to Murano/Venice is:

Bring Less Clothes
Bring More Money

Happy New Year

Mike Frantz

Frantz Art Glass Website:

The Torch Website:

Mike's phone: 800.839.6712 ext 206
Old 2014-01-05, 2:34pm

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonlite View Post
what is the average expense for hotel with the class
We do not stay in hotels. We rent apartments from a good friend of Lucio. Luigi Cattelan rents his apartments year round. Our current student rates are US$55 a night per person, with two persons to a room. They are in Murano, with all the amenities you need to be self sufficient. You get private bathrooms and a galley kitchen complete with stove top, small fridge, microwave and WiFi access. It helps to really make a savings from eating out at restaurants all the time, or a great way to bring home leftovers and heat them up for a second meal.

There is something really tranquil and eerily quaint about staying in Murano. Yes, you are away from the hustle and bustle of tight Venice pathways, but it's redeeming knowing you rest on land that was proceeded by many famous glass blood lines. If walls could talk...... there would be no silence in Murano.

Old 2014-01-05, 2:42pm

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefrantz View Post
Been there, done that, and I recommend everyone who works with hot glass needs to go to Murano. Stay a week after the class and explore Venice and the surrounding islands.

My tip for traveling to Murano/Venice is:

Bring Less Clothes
Bring More Money

Happy New Year

Mike Frantz
Un bacci grande per te, Mike Frantz! I have many lives memories of my times in Murano, and you to thank for the initial inspiration to go there.

My message to anyone still considering this chance is to find a way come for the workshop is to forge your path. Murano holds its secrets close, but touch a heart there, and they open their arms to you ten fold.

Ven con me! (come with me!).... we still have space in the group. Would love to have you join us in another memorable opportunity to learn from the master, and experience great things a la Muranese!

Old 2014-01-17, 7:40am

If you can find a way to do I recommend it! I went last year and it was AMAZING!
Old 2014-01-18, 8:34am

Smile

Awe, thanks Shelle! I just got my ticket yesterday, and I am just so HAPPYYYYYYY

We would love to have any of you join us. It's going to be a mix of Carnevale flavor due to the timing. VENICE is the place to be for this special unique celebration. Please feel free to give it a thought. Check out the air fares, there are still deals out there, and they are going fast. Take advantage if you can!

Last edited by Ofilia; 2014-01-18 at 2:17pm.
Old 2014-01-18, 3:16pm

Thumbs up

This is our happy first Carnevale group from back in 2006! We all donned our newly purchased Venitian masks. Great way to start a most memorable wonderful time!

Old 2014-01-20, 6:20am

Smile

Come visit my FB page. I have added a new album with over 160 images of my memories chalked full of images of Lucio and students in his private studio... of images in and around Murano of things I've explored to add to the full sensation of BEING in MURANO for this great glass experience. Nothing will compare to to the full immersion of a Lucio workshop at Scuola Bubacco ......

https://www.facebook.com/ofilia.cint...7617460&type=3

Old 2014-02-04, 4:51pm

I would want to join you all and be with you on Murano again... -> As I am feeling VERY homesick.. Ofilia, please let me know more about the workshops!

Love MM

GTT-Scorpion, Carlisle Lucio Burner / 2x8l 17.5psi concentrators
Old 2014-02-08, 6:58pm

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirima View Post
I would want to join you all and be with you on Murano again... -> As I am feeling VERY homesick.. Ofilia, please let me know more about the workshops!

Love MM
Hey, Martina! Definitely! Ven con noi! Just sent you some emails with savory photos of things that will keep you with anticipation of great times to come....

Old 2014-08-28, 5:09pm

Default April 2015

Ofilia!

Please tell me you are putting together another group for April 2015?

I can dream.....

-Laurie