Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2008-02-21, 12:16pm

Default Did you get OG moss?

mountain glass arts had odds.. not sure if they still do (could be out) but if you want em...
http://www.mountainglassarts.com/s.nl/it.A/id.192/.f

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-02-21, 12:27pm

just called, they have about 5 pounds left

Old 2008-02-21, 12:50pm

can you tell us anything about this color? what makes it different? desirable?

Thanks
Rob.
Old 2008-02-21, 12:59pm

It is a beautiful shimmery green. It tends to be a WYSIWYG but I love to use it for backing pendants but honestly I use it for anything. It is a rare color.

Old 2008-02-22, 3:43am

No need to worry about finding OG Moss thanks to Paul Trautman!! You have to try his two new colors, Leprachaun and Blue Sphagnum. The Leprachaun is just like the OG Moss and the Spagnum is like transparent millenium moss. Two of the best colors we lost are back!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited, thanks again Paul, you rock!
-chris

Old 2008-02-22, 8:08am
ManBearPig

NS is still making that color. I'm not sure the details, but they apparently found a new way to make it or something. I got a couple pounds of it, and can't tell any difference between it and the original Moss I have been hanging onto for years.

Haven't tried the Trautman colors yet.

Old 2008-02-22, 8:21am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Rice View Post
No need to worry about finding OG Moss thanks to Paul Trautman!! You have to try his two new colors, Leprachaun and Blue Sphagnum. The Leprachaun is just like the OG Moss and the Spagnum is like transparent millenium moss. Two of the best colors we lost are back!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited, thanks again Paul, you rock!
-chris
honestly, I just bought two of his blizzard colors. The teal rocked hardcore but the blue... that is another story. Must have been a bad batch cause I saw your marbles with it. but for 70$ a pound a bad batch is enough to turn me off. Here's a pic of the blue blizzard. The blue blizzard rod didn't even look like the teal one. More like a dark cobalt with stones in it.

and one of the teal

Last edited by meadowesky; 2008-02-22 at 11:38am.
Old 2008-02-22, 1:30pm

Hmmm, I would email Paul, I'm sure he will make it right, that's not the same blue I've used before. Seems to dark to me, and definately not enough white specs. Let me know if you need their contact info.........
-chris