Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2008-05-24, 3:59am

Default Trautman's new whites...

Finally got around to experimenting with Paul's new whites, Talc and Blizzard white, wanted to share my opinion. The Talc is a super smooth and opaque white, no bubbles at all, only color. The blizzard is fun too, again nice and smooth, gives some texture to the color. I really hope he releases them, or he may have already, I've been out of the loop for a while. The talc is now the best white you can get anywhere in my opinion. Here are some pics!!
-chris
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-05-24, 4:02am

Default Couple more

Here are a couple more made with the white, then some random other marbles that I've made over the past month or so. Made with all different types of colors, not necessarily Paul's.
-chris
Attached Images

Old 2008-05-24, 5:43am

Beautiful!
Old 2008-05-24, 5:56am

WOW!!! Beautiful!!

Old 2008-05-24, 6:53am

~WOW!~ Those are really incredible!

Heidi

~~
~~
Old 2008-05-24, 7:01am
yukue fumei

WOW--amazing!!
beautiful marbles Chris!

nagi

Old 2008-05-24, 7:36am
glass-a-delic

Amazing!

Old 2008-05-24, 8:08am
On the flippity flop

Holy schmoly, that is some crisp white and some damn fine marbles! Woot!

Jayne: "I'll kill a man in a fair fight. Or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight. Or if he bothers me. Or if there's a woman. Or if I'm gettin' paid. Mostly when I'm gettin' paid." -- Serenity
Old 2008-05-24, 9:45am

i like the talc white, just got some to try, its great so far. im not crazy about the blizzard white. have to be careful of boiling on separation from rod. beautiful pieces! thanks for posting the pics.
ro

Gtt Mirage torch with tanked oxygen.
Old 2008-05-24, 2:02pm
Serenity Now!

Hot damn! Gorgeous ~ absolutely stunning work...as always...

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
Old 2008-05-24, 9:20pm

Wow, your work is fantastic!
Old 2008-05-25, 9:51am
passionate about pets

I love your work!!!!! especially your frogs........they are awsome. I so wish i could afford one ......maybe someday

*StOrM*

Nortel Minor- Natural gas & Oxycon

Old 2008-05-31, 5:22am

Thanks everyone!!! Sorry for the late reply, I don't get on the computer as much as I used too. Hope you all have a great weekend!
-chris

Old 2008-06-01, 12:43pm

Gorgeous as usual!!
My Etsy

SRA
#H135
Old 2008-06-02, 3:30pm

Hey Chris - what did you use for the frog on the lower marble, first post? Looks like the Green Ghost or something... and I've been looking for images of that color. Let me know... and once again DAMN FINE WORK my friend!

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is." ~ Chuck Reid
Old 2008-06-04, 1:33pm

Thanks Jenny, the green in Turquoise from GA. Nice color!
-chris

Old 2008-06-15, 6:49am

i used quite a bit of the talc white last night. its great!!!!!!!!!! a bit transparent similar to parasilicate but not as transparent as it and stiffer than it or borostix. not as pure white as borostix but i love the way it works in the flame. NO boiling.
ro

Old 2008-06-19, 2:31pm

Gorgeous marbles!

I have some of the tag silk white, is that the same? That stuff is rad - I can't boil it & I am really good at boiling crayon colors. The mango is similarly nice & non boily - is that what you used for the daffodils?

|
Old 2008-06-22, 6:59am

how is the silk? is it transparent or a dense white? does it thin out in stringers?
ro

Old 2008-06-22, 9:11am
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Great work Chris!
You always post such beautiful stuff - thanks for sharing
the info too!

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2008-07-01, 11:33am

Here's the word from the factory: The Silk is the same as the "Talc" -- Talc white and Blizzard white went out to some of our color testers together, but after they raved about the Talc we put it out on the website. Paul wasn't crazy about the name, tho, and since some of the comments were "smooth as silk" we made Silk the official name for this new white. Some of the Silk is coming out a bit translucent, and some is coming out more densly white, however. And we are selling it all as "ODD LOTS" at the moment. While a fair number of folks have now tried it with great success, we have had one or two reports of cracking from folks using some of the denser batches -- so we do caution that it is an experimental color and that you should test it for compatibility in your projects. Chris - have you had any compatibility issues? Ro? Anyone else?

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is." ~ Chuck Reid
Old 2008-07-18, 9:52am

yes i had compatibility issues, both as bases for eyes and as an under color for transparents. it was funny i couldnt figure out why all my work cracked that one night. i thought it was me until i read others were having problems and i inspected all the pieces and all the cracked ones had the talc white for eyes, base color or both. i did have a very dense batch it wasnt transparent even in stringer. does work smooth as silk though! i hope the bugs are worked out.
ro

Old 2008-07-22, 2:05pm

Ro, I'm sorry to hear that you are one of the folks who had problems. We'd tested and tested that glass, and people reported it worked smoothly, held it's color, and had no compatibility issues. But then some people had problems, and only with some batches; while others had no troubles *with the exact same batches*! Crazy-making. We have decided to halt production on the Silk. If you are one of the folks who had trouble with this color, please PM me. Paul stands by his product, and we'll make it right.

Paul is now rethinking his whites, BTW. The latest version, Stag White, just came out today. It's dense as hell, and I can't wait to see the results from our panel of testers.