LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2011-03-21, 6:25pm
Certified Glassaholic!

Default Source for affordable metal letter stamp sets?

Hi all!

Thinking about trying my hand at some metal stamping and am wondering if there are any sources for affordable letter sets in fonts other than uppercase arial? By affordable I mean less than $85/set

Thanks!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2011-03-23, 6:13am
Nikki Haverstock

Harbor freight. I got some sets and I think they were under $10.

Sorry i was reading on my phone and didnt see the bit about something other than uppercase Arial

Last edited by Polgarra; 2011-03-23 at 12:52pm.
Old 2011-03-23, 7:42am

I know it sounds crazy but Michaels has started carring some metal stamping stuff I noticed a whole set of the alphabet for $20.00 But go to thier website and print off the 40% of coupon makes it much cheaper! They also have other shapes too like stars, flowers... just my 2 cents!
Old 2011-03-23, 9:56am
Born Facing Left

http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/pag...87&cat=1,43456

I've got these; not that I ever use them, lol.

Old 2011-03-23, 10:07am
frenetic crafter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeepers View Post
Hi all!

Thinking about trying my hand at some metal stamping and am wondering if there are any sources for affordable letter sets in fonts other than uppercase arial? By affordable I mean less than $85/set

Thanks!!
I am curious to know this too! The only ones I have seen are uppercase.
Old 2011-03-23, 10:55am
אהבה אני ישו

Is this what you are looking for?

http://www.widgetsupply.com/page/WS/...anumeric-punch

Widget Supply is almost as good as harbor freight!

Believer
Wife
Mother
Grandmother
Student
Artist

Wishes the hot flashes she has were only the kind that occur at her torch...

Old 2011-03-23, 11:05am
MacGalver

Try these:

http://www.pjtool.com/metal-jewelry-stamps.aspx

They have several alphabets of Impress Art stamps (too pricey for me @ $70 a set) but they also have lower case and punctuation sets under "jewelry stamping." Hope that helps!

Jo

Old 2011-03-23, 2:27pm
Certified Glassaholic!

Thanks you guys!! I'm checking out now. If you know of any other places that would be great

-Yee

Old 2011-03-23, 3:09pm
Happy Beadmaker!

Hey Yee, there are several sellers on Etsy with alpha sets, including Romazone who has lots of cooooooool tools!

~
~
~
Old 2011-03-23, 3:22pm
Wonderland sounds fun...

Here ya go http://www.etsy.com/listing/62042563...facet=supplies

*+.+*
C L E A R A N C E Sale in my Etsy *+.+*
Old 2011-03-24, 2:49pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenBeth View Post
She appears to be reselling this one and adding $13 to the price, just FYI:

http://www.pjtool.com/lowercase-metal-stamps.aspx

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2011-03-25, 7:51pm
Certified Glassaholic!

Thanks Squidders! I bought a few of the standard fonts in different sizes from PJ Tool. I wish it was in my budget right now to get some of the other fun ones out there but it's hard to justify $70-$180+ for a set of metal letters Darn school! Ruining all my fun.

By the way....had the boxty at Trali @ Briercreek today. Very yummy!!!

Old 2011-03-27, 2:56pm
Surrounded by Trouble

Yee, I have quite a few stamping stuff that I have never even played with, I just seem to be collecting them. Thinking I would get into metals one day, yet the day has not come yet.
I would have been happy to let you borrow them for a while and you could have brought them back to me in March.

Next time send me a message with what you are looking for before you go and purchase, chances are good I have them.

If you are looking for other stamps or metal things let me know.

Old 2014-12-18, 8:51am

For inexpencive come paire prices to what's on eBay.
A lot of china manufactures are selling direct now and often supply shops like harbor freight.

Rember don't use a metal hammer on your stamps.
Urathane, plastic, or wood work.

Old 2014-12-20, 1:58am
Glass-aholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by losthelm View Post
For inexpencive come paire prices to what's on eBay.
A lot of china manufactures are selling direct now and often supply shops like harbor freight.

Rember don't use a metal hammer on your stamps.
Urathane, plastic, or wood work.
Why? I have been using a metal hammer on mine. (I've only used a few letters a dozen times maybe... Lol) I want to get this right

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.:
Old 2014-12-23, 9:43pm

You want the hammer to be a softer material than the tool.
The stamp lasts a lot longer, the hammer is a lot easier to replace as needed.

Stamps for "metal work" are steel though imprinting tools for embossing or leather work may be plated pot metal or brass.