Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2011-05-24, 8:50pm
http://youtu.be/nGt9jAkWi

These are Z99 & Z851 plus a few other things.

Vivian

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2011-05-24, 9:24pm
Bum-chaka-laka-laka

Wow Vivian... they are so beautiful!
Old 2011-05-25, 9:32am
I'm a lilac!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VivianLampwork View Post
These are Z99 & Z851 plus a few other things.

These are so lovely!

Old 2011-05-25, 9:40am
da General

Gorgeous set, Lynn! I need to dig up my Dense White now!

Beautiful, Vivian! I started using a yellow/orange base with the powder combo myself - it sure adds splashes of color!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beadnphule View Post
Wow, what's the color you used on the two that are next to the end ones?
That is one gorgeous combo!
Thanks, Katie - those are just straight Z611 Rich Pink.

|
|
|
|
Old 2011-05-25, 9:42am
I'm a lilac!

Hayley, did I space off telling you that I got the powder on Monday? Thank you! I can't wait to play!

Old 2011-05-25, 9:53am

As far as the frit that is Z-99 and looks like it has green in it..have you seen it in Big rod form? it has the pretty purple on the outside and in the middle a grey/blue/greenish color.I have some chunks of furnace rod and those are the colors I see in the pieces I have.The outside color is about one third of the entire color..the rest in the middle is what you basically see in the frit..its so pretty in rod form and amazing that it all turns purple.By the time it gets down to the smaller sized frits ,it gets so blended out that it all looks light purple..of course til you torch it.I love color changes and surprises Also..I'm sure it does vary from the beginning to the end of a production batch but it all seems to turn the same color..cool!
Edited to say..it DID vary I'm sure..but no more production..
"

Last edited by Rareripes; 2011-05-25 at 9:54am. Reason: above
Old 2011-05-25, 9:57am
da General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalera View Post
Hayley, did I space off telling you that I got the powder on Monday? Thank you! I can't wait to play!
Can't wait to see what beauties you create with the powder!

|
|
|
|
Old 2011-05-25, 11:08am

Thanks for the kind words everyone

Vivian

-

Old 2011-05-25, 5:45pm
Biscuit Lover

Wonderful beads Lynn!
Old 2011-05-25, 10:08pm
><>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rareripes View Post
As far as the frit that is Z-99 and looks like it has green in it..have you seen it in Big rod form? it has the pretty purple on the outside and in the middle a grey/blue/greenish color.I have some chunks of furnace rod and those are the colors I see in the pieces I have.The outside color is about one third of the entire color..the rest in the middle is what you basically see in the frit..its so pretty in rod form and amazing that it all turns purple.By the time it gets down to the smaller sized frits ,it gets so blended out that it all looks light purple..of course til you torch it.I love color changes and surprises Also..I'm sure it does vary from the beginning to the end of a production batch but it all seems to turn the same color..cool!
Edited to say..it DID vary I'm sure..but no more production..
The rods vary in color too from batch to batch.
The chunks I have, have rings of color but not so much green at all FWIW.
"In the whole world I have no twin, and my face is not me. I am someone under the skin others see only in glances."
"I can live with not being popular,but not with compromising my beliefs in order to fit in." jh
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil." Thomas Mann
Old 2011-05-25, 10:38pm

Yeah..I had a feeling that it could be greener more than blue/grayer in other parts of the line.I just have about a half pound of pieces and mine is more of the bluish.I have a few other z furnace rods and they don't have much difference in the outside rings and inside rings..but they aren't Z-99s
"

Old 2011-05-27, 2:17pm

Can someone tell me what color Z 96-3 is? It says enamel on the bag. Thanks!

Old 2011-05-27, 2:50pm

WOW Kimberly, that is a difference. I've never seen it white or blue like that. I need to go check & make sure I don't have more than I thought.

Vivian

-

Old 2011-05-27, 2:51pm

Wow, Kimberley - they are amazing.
Do you have any pictures of beads you've made with the rods? I'd love to see please ;D

You can't shine if you don't burn
Old 2011-05-27, 3:05pm
><>

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassactcc View Post
Can someone tell me what color Z 96-3 is? It says enamel on the bag. Thanks!
Z96 ? or Z 96-3?
Z-96 is Light Gray (Opaque)
"In the whole world I have no twin, and my face is not me. I am someone under the skin others see only in glances."
"I can live with not being popular,but not with compromising my beliefs in order to fit in." jh
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil." Thomas Mann
Old 2011-05-27, 3:14pm

Thanks jhana. I was impatient and posted in the bathroom. Apparently the 3 is the frit size. I knew that but forgot. Yes, it is light grey. Someone gave me a 1pm. Bag of it. It totally looks like a denim blue. Very deceiving just looking at it.

Old 2011-05-27, 6:01pm
I'm a lilac!

I love the light gray!

Old 2011-05-27, 6:08pm
Duchess of Dichro

Have fun with it Cynthia!!

Old 2011-05-28, 1:04pm
SCIENCE Teacher!

Anybody willing to spare/trade a small amount of the gray? (just curious..like a cat!)
Old 2011-05-28, 1:51pm

Fosterfire..will PM you...I have some to trade.
"

Old 2011-05-28, 2:50pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberly View Post
the pink in the flowers in this bead came from the white rod. I think this might be the only photo I have of the beads using Z851.
Thank you Kimberley - that is one beautiful bead. The rods produce a wonderful array of colour. *drool*

Old 2011-05-28, 3:02pm
Entropy increasing....

Z99 is actually listed by Zimmerman as an enamel color, not a glass color.
Old 2011-05-28, 3:50pm
Wait.....what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayley View Post
Thanks, Katie - those are just straight Z611 Rich Pink.
Ooooh, thank you, I need to watch for some of that!

Old 2011-05-29, 7:03am

Has anyone used Z784 silver olive opaque?
Could you suggest a base colour for me, please?

Old 2011-05-29, 7:27am
Resident hippie

Based on my experience with Clio I'd say try that.
These are the ones I posted in the Clio thread. The frit is Kalera's Romance from That Frit Girl. The purple ones are Moretti Superclear over Clio.
The green ones are a Gaffer glass that I don't know the name or number of.

Have FUN!!!!! It's not about perfection..... Leslie - [not so] Crazy Woman

Last edited by Beadanna; 2011-05-29 at 7:30am. Reason: Forgot to add picture
Old 2011-05-29, 8:18am
Triumphantly Knit!

I get alot of gold reduction with KR. I love it, the pink and the gold. on HH.

I think gold reduction is the correct explanation, the gold goes shiney/glittery and it's gorgeous.

namaste
Rowyn

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right"

"Only from the heart can you touch the sky"

"Be kind whenever possible.It is always possible
Old 2011-05-29, 8:18am
Triumphantly Knit!

Anna, I just saw your sig line, WOW,,I LOVE, that, too.

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right"

"Only from the heart can you touch the sky"

"Be kind whenever possible.It is always possible

Last edited by 2tumblingdragonz; 2011-05-29 at 8:19am. Reason: spelling of course!
Old 2011-05-29, 8:35am
I'm a lilac!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beadanna View Post
Based on my experience with Clio I'd say try that.
These are the ones I posted in the Clio thread. The frit is Kalera's Romance from That Frit Girl. The purple ones are Moretti Superclear over Clio.
The green ones are a Gaffer glass that I don't know the name or number of.

Those are gorgeous!

Old 2011-05-29, 8:44am
Resident hippie

Thanks to your Romance Kalera!

Have FUN!!!!! It's not about perfection..... Leslie - [not so] Crazy Woman

Old 2011-05-29, 8:49am
I'm a lilac!

Thanks Anna! But I really have to say, your own touch shines through loud and clear with those.