Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2015-03-14, 1:53am
Borosapien

Default March show and tell

Here is my Geode Galaxie Turtle

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2015-03-14, 6:46am
Loving learning

Oh I LOVE him!
Old 2015-03-14, 3:35pm
FIRE!!

So cool!!!
Old 2015-03-16, 1:57am
Borosapien

Thank you

Old 2015-03-19, 4:32pm
Now part of the Dark Side

Marcel, absolutely stunning.
Old 2015-03-21, 7:55am
DaveK

Stress marks. My nimisis. I had both halves ripping hot too.
Attached Images

You can call me Dave 🎨
Old 2015-03-21, 8:45am

That is to bad Ka you could try and peel some of that off.
When putting two lens together your right in getting both ripping hot, another thing to keep an eye on is once they are touching keep that flame on the join and don't force the last bit (the outside edges) together you allow the heat from the flame to move the last bit together. This helped me but you will still get some bits of distortion. Hope this makes sense?

Old 2015-03-22, 4:59am
DaveK

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb tarry View Post
That is to bad Ka you could try and peel some of that off.
When putting two lens together your right in getting both ripping hot, another thing to keep an eye on is once they are touching keep that flame on the join and don't force the last bit (the outside edges) together you allow the heat from the flame to move the last bit together. This helped me but you will still get some bits of distortion. Hope this makes sense?
Yes, and thanks Deb. This was so hot it was starting to bend. More or less two distinct globs. At that point i was just using gravity to make the two halves slump into more of a ball shape rather than push it all the way together.
You can call me Dave 🎨
Old 2015-03-27, 8:03am

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA View Post
Yes, and thanks Deb. This was so hot it was starting to bend. More or less two distinct globs. At that point i was just using gravity to make the two halves slump into more of a ball shape rather than push it all the way together.
Both "ripping hot" never worked for me. I join with one only having a slight glow (not moving hard) and the other hot enough to move with gravity. Key here is shape. Convex on both is best since they will join theoretically at one single point that way and are less apt to catch air pockets. Once they touch and join and start to stiffen I try NOT to move at all and then melt and shape them in together with both brought up to roughly the same temp first. This will prevent or at least keep to a minimum any devit at the join.
Old 2015-03-27, 8:07am

Marble and hot sculpted stand
Attached Images

Old 2015-03-27, 8:33am

killer chaos mib, Larry!! love these. sooner or later i'll have the extra $ to commission one.
Old 2015-03-27, 1:12pm
DaveK

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryC View Post
Both "ripping hot" never worked for me. I join with one only having a slight glow (not moving hard) and the other hot enough to move with gravity. Key here is shape. Convex on both is best since they will join theoretically at one single point that way and are less apt to catch air pockets. Once they touch and join and start to stiffen I try NOT to move at all and then melt and shape them in together with both brought up to roughly the same temp first. This will prevent or at least keep to a minimum any devit at the join.
Love those stands.

I will have to try the two at different temps method. My butterfly body always flattens out to some degree when attaching to the flower part. Bottom of one to the top of the other.
You can call me Dave 🎨
Old 2015-03-31, 7:54am

Made some Easter pins
Old 2015-03-31, 8:54am

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA View Post
Love those stands.

I will have to try the two at different temps method. My butterfly body always flattens out to some degree when attaching to the flower part. Bottom of one to the top of the other.
Give it a try. It just makes better sense then the both ripping hot methodology.
Old 2015-04-01, 8:50am

Hollow work. Pink slyme with gold and silver fume encased in clear. What girl doesn't like pink.
Attached Images

Old 2015-04-03, 3:56am

Hello everyone I am Lezi from Barcelona Today is my 2nd month birthday behind the torch, a red max BTW, good moment to get out of the shadows and write my first post. To begin I would like to say thank you to everyone who share knowledge here, all the information has been very usefull for me.....many many thanks !!!

These are from this week.
Fume marble

Fume pendant

Old 2015-04-03, 4:40am

only two months? you are kicking ass and taking names....great fume work!!
Old 2015-04-03, 5:07am

Thank you istandalone24/7, I am glad you like them I practice almost every day with my limited tools and with my unlimited love
Old 2015-04-04, 8:19am

Beautiful fuming Lezi. The unlimited love is showing.

Old 2015-04-04, 12:45pm

Nice base on your pink cup Deb Tarry!
Old 2015-04-06, 7:57am

Thank you Queenie.

Old 2015-04-06, 12:52pm

Thank you deb tarry !.... your fume cup has magic, I like it....and I am a man