Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2008-11-17, 5:52am
It's all good.

Thanks Candice!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-11-21, 6:57am
Run Free Sweet Boy

there is discussion and first pics of folks attempts in the other tutorials area under.... is anyone making an ornament tutorial. dont miss the fun

Candice

"It's not what you have, it's who you are."
Old 2008-11-22, 5:39am

Candice - I just bought the tute. I've been wanting this one and decided today was the
day to work with tubing. What a wonderful tute. Thank you for all your
hard work. I'll be sure and post pics of my attempts. Samma

Old 2008-11-22, 4:24pm
Dangerous Woman

Thanks so much Candice for the SS gift. I have a bunch of boro tubing so I can't wait to give it a go!

May your torch burn brightly and your oxy never run out. - Karen Hardy

On a Cheetah with a hurricane Still have my Lynx as a back up.
Old 2008-11-22, 5:08pm
Still makin' flowers...

Candice: Your tutorial is wonderful. Thank you

--NEW and Updated Beading Tutorials for all levels
!
Old 2008-11-22, 6:07pm
Run Free Sweet Boy

thanks everyone for the nice compliments. I am so glad you are enjoying it, and cant wait to see more pictures of peoples efforts. If I can get hubby to get my christmas stuf down for me.. I may even take some pictures of my first or second year ornaments to show you just how pitiful they were.. lololol.

Candice

Old 2008-11-22, 6:26pm
Dangerous Woman

This year IS my first year ornaments! As proud of them as I am I bet I feel the same way in a few years!

May your torch burn brightly and your oxy never run out. - Karen Hardy

On a Cheetah with a hurricane Still have my Lynx as a back up.
Old 2008-11-22, 9:50pm

Candice sent me a SS gift of this tutorial and all I can say is WOW!!! This is something I have always wanted to do and now I get to try this came at the best time as my DH is out of work and now I can make some christmas presents. This has more than you could ever imagine if you can get this tutorial you will be very happy with it. Thanks again

Old 2008-11-24, 8:06am
Run Free Sweet Boy

Lori,

I have had my share of back against the wall years, and te holidays are tough when you are broke. I am so glad that the SS gift has made you happy and given you a way to perhaps make some fo your gifts. I always treasure handmade things.

Be well, and hope things are looking up for you soon.

let me know of you need any help

Candice

Old 2008-11-25, 10:12pm
Trying to Hope!

Ohh man as soon as I start buying tuts I will have to try this one how cool is that I have wanted to make my own ornaments since I started lampworking

Etsy Here
Ebay Here

NEW Ebay Items all the time here

I buy Gold PM me for details
NEW Handmade jewelry on Etsy
Old 2008-11-28, 1:17pm
Run Free Sweet Boy

dont forget folks, if you purchase a tutorial by sunday, your name will go into the drawing for some of the ornaments made in the tutorial. the demo pieces. I will draw 3 names out of the hat.

Candice

Old 2008-12-01, 8:12pm
Run Free Sweet Boy

And the winners of the ornaments from the drawing are.....

Mary Ilko
Cheryl Maahs
William Noelker

make sure you contact me with your mailing addresses so I can get your package in the mail.

Candice

Old 2008-12-04, 7:28pm
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

I would like to know if my 90 coe ornaments can go into the kiln with my 104 schedule??
Please tell me yes...Thanks for any help, Pat
Old 2008-12-05, 4:08pm
Run Free Sweet Boy

the 90 coe sign tubing anneals at 850

candice

Old 2008-12-17, 9:53pm
Run Free Sweet Boy

anyone willing to strut thier stuff yet?

Candice

Old 2008-12-19, 9:29pm

Sure...I'll start.
First the easy ones. I'm working my way thru the tute and am about 1/2 there.

Here's my biggest ornie to date. Not straight from the tute, but your tute has made me make friends with boro tubing and THAT'S HUGE!

Old 2009-01-02, 7:47pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

I really need to try and make something beautiful with my tutorial the way you guys have done

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2009-01-07, 3:00pm
MacGalver

Hey Candice~

I was wondering, could you give us some info on the dangers posed by "blow-outs" when blowing soft 104? I keep hearing about this (mostly from folks who are blowing shards) buty I figured with your background in blowing you would be the person to ask for specific info!

thanks~

Jo

Old 2009-01-11, 8:55pm
Run Free Sweet Boy

hmmmmmmmmmmm.....this is a tough question. and here is my advice... err on the side of caution. Yup, I am an old timer, and tend to do things the old school way, but that isnt always the best or safest way,,, so I have found out often years down the road.

I must admit that I still do a blow off for almost every vessel I open. Its only been since I have returned to the torch after 7 years away, that all the hissy fits are being thrown about doing that. I have done some reading that says its not a huge worry for your lungs, cant recall where though. and I have also come across stuff that says its really bad stuff. Put simply.. I dont know for sure either way.

Its not something I particularly worry about, but I also worked in an environment for so many years that this was standard practice. I wish I had a definitive answer for you, but my best advice is, better safe than sorry and make your own decisions. I also know very little about all the new colors out and the metal content etc etc etc.

But.... you should rarely have a "blow out" doing anything in my tutorial. The bioggest chance of it is in blowing the mini ornaments. If you are getting blow outs its because the glass is WAY to hot. and when you blow one spot is blowing out very quickly and popping. Try counting to 3 as you rotate after leaving the flame. This will allow the heat to ven out, and the glass to form a skin on the outside before you blow, thus avoiding a "blow out"

hope this helps some.

Candice

Old 2009-08-13, 11:57am
TravelLight&Don'tRush

Default Outstanding ornaments in a terrific tutorial

The tutorial is thoughtful in its approach-both visually and written instructions are logically laid out & are explicit in instruction. I am very much looking forward to reading the tutorial more thoroughly, working on the techniques and getting to know you better though your writing. Thank you for your time in writing it.

Last edited by thatsmithlady; 2009-10-18 at 9:26pm.
Old 2009-09-05, 5:08pm

Wow, this sounds great -- and just in time for Christmas!
Old 2009-11-02, 1:40pm
Run Free Sweet Boy

Yes, the get ready for christmas frenzy is about to begin. Get your tuts, turn on your torches and start practicing.. santa will be here sooner than you think...

Candice

Old 2009-11-06, 7:38pm
alisa

Great tutorial! Thanks! aill have to try these when i get the materials ordered! Alisa
Old 2009-11-09, 4:41pm
Run Free Sweet Boy

Thanks for the kind words, I hope you enjoy it, and always feel free tpo contact me with questions.

Candice

Old 2009-11-09, 5:20pm

I was lucky enough to receive some of the ornaments Candice used to make her tut. Here is some eye candy!

Can't wait to put them on the tree again this year!
Old 2009-12-17, 7:23pm
Cat Lady

Does anybody know of a source that currently has 10-12mm Lauscha tubing in stock? http://www.crloo.com is out of stock in all colors - they only have the larger 20-30mm Lauscha tubing in stock.
Old 2010-01-01, 9:02pm

Wow I love the icicle with the blown ball on top, I wish I was skilled enough to play with tubing, hopefully one day. Those would look really pretty on my tree, well one day maybe.
Sandra

face="Comic Sans MS">http://www.adornedintreasure.etsy.com
Old 2010-10-29, 6:38am
Run Free Sweet Boy

I am getting requests for info thats in this thread, so I am bumping it

Old 2010-10-29, 10:12am

Glad you bumped it. Made me buy one

Old 2010-10-29, 10:18am
MacGalver

This is an excellent tutorial, I think just about everyone can benefit from Candice's wealth of knowledge and thorough presentation. Just get one, you know you want it!

Jo