Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2009-01-30, 7:46pm
Covered in glitter

LOL I'll go back to digging for my intense black. I can't even bring any curdled ivory because it's under a huge pile of stuff that I don't want to move. I hate cleaning out my studio! Oh well, it's been so long since I've made beads I'd hate to waste it on junk beads anyway. I'm going to have to go have a few play days with Darby and Janien.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who couldn't hear the music. --Nietzsche
Old 2009-01-31, 10:00am

Hi All!
Today is OT...if you can, you should come out and hang with us...and of course TORCH, eat some yummy food and TORCH!
We are leaving in about 20 minutes...can't wait to see you all!
Call if you need anything we'll be there LATE!
773-220-2800
Janien and Darby

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-01-31, 10:23am
Covered in glitter

Lana's on her way here and as soon as we get the car packed up we're off too. Can't wait!

And those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who couldn't hear the music. --Nietzsche
Old 2009-01-31, 10:30am
Type ZZZ personality

I'm on my way shortly!

Lynx with 2 5-lpm oxycons
Old 2009-01-31, 10:22pm
Covered in glitter

Thanks for another great open torch! I can't wait to see all the beadies that we made. It was a great time and it was so much fun carpooling with Lana.

Janien, let's plan on sushi a week Tuesday, OK? Hey Patty you wanna come too? Lunch at Kuni's!

Old 2009-02-01, 12:47am

Wow!!! what a day! Sooooo much fun! Thank you everyone for coming out.... I cannot wait to see the goods in the oven when we get back to the shop on Monday...the day just seemed to fly by, will try to post some pics tomorrow, and glass pics on Tues. Hope everyone made it home safe, can't wait to do it all over again! D&J

Old 2009-02-01, 9:32am

It was a blast... and that cake was *awesome*! Please do post pics... I want to see what everyone made. Deb had some cool stuff going and Lana had some great colors set out so I can't wait to see how they all came out. Everyone else was too far away for me to sneak any really good peeks so I'm dying to see them all!

Darby and Janien, thank you for hosting!

Old 2009-02-01, 9:44am
Covered in glitter

Cassie I can't wait to see your beads! You shape the most incredible bicones!

I'm waiting for the cat food to thaw out so the kitties can try it. Our microwave is built into our ovens and has been not working for about a year now. I'll have to get it fixed some day but for now I don't have a microwave. I think the kitties are going to love it!

Old 2009-02-01, 10:30am

What are you two doing up at 432 and 444am???? Weren't you tired from all the food and torching???? We ended up going out afterward to the bar and celebrating my friends 25th b-day (ahhhh to be that young again)...we got home at 130am and CRASHED!!!

Glad you all had fun! Darby is talking about driving out there right now to get the beads...I told him he was nuts and it can all wait til tomorrow....stay tuned

janien and darby

Old 2009-02-01, 11:37am

Aaargh! I'm moving again.......slowly........yeah cannoli cake.......thanks again Ofilia, that was great! I can't wait to see your skull mold pcs, and the large square hollow!.......the day went so fast, it was so hard to keep up with what everyone was doing, Deb was just on fire out of the gates.....hard to believe it had been so long since you'd been on the torch.......after seeing Lana work a couple long beads, I'm tempted to give them a whirl, as its not somthing I do very often. Janien has been on a hollow kick this week and really rockin..... Patty, I sat right across from and I have very little idea what was stashed in the annealing pillow! girl your just a bead making ma-chine! great job on the murrini! maybe a picture of your cash for S&T? As always really enjoyed all the conversation and bead comadery, we'll have to do it all again soon! Darb

Old 2009-02-01, 12:45pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARBEADS View Post
What are you two doing up at 432 and 444am???? Weren't you tired from all the food and torching????
I don't think Deb and I are *that* crazy... it was 10:32 and 10:44! lol! I'm a night owl but 2:30am is usually my limit where I'm draggin ass to bed...lol!

Deb, I certainly hope that your cats like that cat food! I totally forgot to make sure Patty and Darby's sister (her name escapes me at the moment) took some to try... I mentioned it at the table that I wanted everyone to feel free to take some but I forgot to mention it again before we all left. So, Darby and Janien... feel free to pawn that cat food off on anyone who is willing to take it... or warm it and give it to the cat that shows up around the shop, if it still does. My mom's cats act like it's got crack in it, but my cats aren't all *that* crazy for it... but they'll go for it since it's there. You know how some of them are... picky little beasties!

Please do post pics, Patty... I forgot that you were taking them with you and I'm really curious to see what you made!

Can't wait for the next OT!

Old 2009-02-02, 1:05pm

Can't wait to see what everyone's made, including me LOL

It was a blast and I had such a great time. We drove back to Deb, really fast - Uhhh, she drives fast,

Then I got home in about an hour or so - I think it was around 12

Feodor was freeking out, he has never been left alone for so long....
When I got home, he was jumping all over like crazy

Next day we drove to the park to play and when we got home, he refused to get out of the car, as if he suspected that I am going somewhere without him. I left the door open and the garage too... and he was just sitting there in the back seat and looking at me " you are not going to get me out of here" LOL

Finally after like 20 minuetes, Igor got on the back seat with him and we had to manually get him out of there.... well 50 lb didn't go out easy.... from a mini cooper's back seat ...... it was some job LOL

- I made this!

- - My Gallery

-MyStore
Old 2009-02-02, 3:15pm
Covered in glitter

LOL Do I really drive that fast? Mari thinks I do too.

Old 2009-02-02, 4:29pm
Type ZZZ personality

Here's my bunch:

Old 2009-02-02, 6:22pm

Patty, those are awesome... I got to sneak a peek at you making those beads with the silver foil cut-outs and that was cool to see!

I wish I was better able to put pairs on one rod... I feel like I'm going back and forth so much it makes me nervous! I tried 3 small ones on one rod before and I almost felt like the guy who spins a bunch of porcelain plates on poles for 5 minutes, trying not to let any of them fall... except without all of the running around...lol! I guess it'll get better with practice!

Old 2009-02-02, 6:46pm
Covered in glitter

Cassie, I am having a total stupid attack (not for the first time). What is the woman's name who was talking to you in the afternoon? Long straight black hair and wearing turquoise. Is that Denise? I posted pics in my blog and I feel like an idiot that I can't remember her name.

Janien, how come I don't have any pics of you? You seem to have sneaked off when I took them. Just wait until next time!

Old 2009-02-03, 12:53am

Yup Denise is her name...she is soo sweet!

nope, you dont have pics of me....remember I took a lot of the pics with your camera....Darby's sister Jody has a lot of great pics...if I can get her to email them too me I will post them. I have a few and will post too!

We went to the shop today...in the oven were 72 beads, 2 marbles and 1 off mandrel pendant ( the one I made that darby had to finish for me)...I brought them all home tonight and will take pics tomorrow sometime and post them for you all to see! OMG they were all fabulous! Including Emily (Darby's niece)...she did good for being 12 and doing it for the first time ever!

Anyway...I must go...I am a little buzzed and a lot tired.

Cassie...I am a wire wrapping fool now and need more stuff for friday...I will PM you!
hugs for everyone.
Neen and Darb

Old 2009-02-03, 6:32am
Covered in glitter

Thanks! Can't wait to see pics.

Old 2009-02-03, 11:06am

Pics! Pics! Pics! Pics! Hurrrryyyyyyyyyyyy! I can't waaaaaaaaaaaait! lol!

I'm feeling like I need to antagonize someone today but I guess I'll leave it at the nice kind and save the evil antagonizing for my co-workers and supervisor... we've had drama at work and I'm not even being nice about it anymore. I'll put it this way... I've developed Tourette's. The F-bomb is my friend. I'll probably have a stroke by this weekend.

Glad Janien got to you with Denise's name, Deb. She really is a nice person... I wish she and Diane would have torched like mad women because they really make some cool stuff, too!

Old 2009-02-03, 11:43am

Ok everyone here are the pics from OT on Saturday!
I dont have pics of the beads Darby and I made....I took those off the mandrel and they are in the middle of being cleaned.
Here it goes...
This is a collectivepicture of Ofilia's, Cassie's. Deb's and Lana's

Lana's

Cassies

Debs part 1...she was the torchin diva on Saturday

Deb part 2

Ofilia's....these pictures do not do her beads justice...they are GORGEOUS in person!

OK>>>I DONT KNOW WHO"S BEADS THESE ARE>>>PLEASE TELL ME

and last but not least...I thought I would post these even though Darby's sister and niece are not on this forum..but for their first time torchin, they did ok...only a couple of garden stakes.

THERE YOU GO! WE WILL TRY AND GET THESE TO EVERYONE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
HUGS FOR ALL
JANEIN AND DARBY

Old 2009-02-03, 11:56am

How cool! Everyone did fantastic!

As for the "unclaimed"... I think the one with the purple marker is mine... I did one marker and forgot to do others! Oops!

Now I get to go back to drama-land!

Old 2009-02-03, 2:32pm
Covered in glitter

WooHoo!

Old 2009-02-03, 4:50pm

Wink

Thanks for posting pictures! They look awesome! I played with that "superman" rod, and I think I"m not liking the result... hard to tell exactly what it ded.

Thanks for the invite! It was fun. I think I"m still burping canolli cake!

Ofilia

Old 2009-02-03, 5:05pm

Ofilia... that was the best cake ever! And the frosting... I wish there were more! Thank you for bringing it!

Old 2009-02-07, 10:14pm
Covered in glitter

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=120818

Darby you might want to take a look at this thread and advise.

Old 2009-02-08, 6:30pm

I posted a reply and now come back and see it's not here ...

It never happened to me before ????

Anyway, I love everyones beads it was so great to do it together and now to see all of them here.

Patty, I am glad to see you "survivours" - we talked so much about them going home under that thin blanket ... that was a quite chillly night, Remember.

It's so warm now for the past few days !

My show went well and I am very happy to meet a lot of people and artists.

It was Fun!

Darby and Janien, Thank you so much for making it happen !

Hugs everyone,
hope to see you soon

- I made this!

- - My Gallery

-MyStore
Old 2009-02-08, 6:32pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkauz View Post
LOL Do I really drive that fast? Mari thinks I do too.
No you don't Deb. You just get people quickly to the place they need to be LOL
I am having lots of fun driving with you

- I made this!

- - My Gallery

-MyStore
Old 2009-02-11, 9:42pm

Got my beads today !!!! THANK YOU ! I love them ..... I thought I forgot how to roll mandrels HAHA

How is everyone?

- I made this!

- - My Gallery

-MyStore
Old 2009-02-12, 8:40am

Darby, when is next OT.. I'd really really really like to try to make it.
Jo
Old 2009-02-12, 3:33pm
Type ZZZ personality

I am scheduled to teach every weekend in March but the 14th is the least likely to fill -- i.e. most likely to be cancelled.