Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2009-02-25, 4:25pm

Now, those are just really cool!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-02-25, 5:24pm
Pyromaniac

This one was hard to photograph. It turns out it's not really blurred, it's actually just kind of soft and fuzzy looking...I took several pix before realizing this - lol. Persimmon strike implosion and petals.

Fortune Cookie say, "When things go wrong, don't go with them!"

Current Glass-Melting Apparatus:
GTT Lynx powered by 2 5 LPM Oxycons and
a sexy Barracuda running pure tanked Oxy
Old 2009-02-25, 5:45pm

more wood than boro but love the marriage.
Attached Images

------------------------
Kobuki*Delta Elite*Mirage*Blast Shields*two DeVilbiss 5 LPM* tanks* foot pedal.
Old 2009-02-25, 6:50pm

they get along quite well!!!!

Old 2009-02-25, 9:45pm
Spoiled

Well since murf is combining materials, I'll combine something too. I made a thread in the gallery showing them but wanted to show them here too. The glass is in a 9mm bullet casing.
Attached Images

An amazing Cuda with 2 M15's & propane, a Lynx, and a Tondodama torch.

Old 2009-02-26, 8:08am

nice geodes, Eric! The prospect of coldworking horrifies me although we have a fully kitted out coldworking room in our studio. If you really like cold-working you'd want to live there, diamond punty wheels of various profiles, linisher, flatbed grinder, cut-off saw, cork and cerium for polishing and a dremel tool with probably 100 different kinds of diamond burrs. Makes me shudder when I walk past there...

here's an end of month non-coldworked (unless you count sandblasting) african king bottle about 40 or so cm tall ...
Attached Images

Running a
by Miema on LPG and oxy bottles and a GTT Mirage.
Old 2009-02-26, 8:31am

oh my gosh.. what an awesome piece of art!! That isn't just lampworking..it is ART in it's purest form... way to go. um um.

And aimee, I love the idea of the bullet casings... great idea for key chains or zipper pulls for guys.. yup yup yup

Old 2009-02-26, 8:47am
Normal is Boring!!

Stunning work! You people amaze me! The african king is Fabulous, the wood vase with boro top is perfect!!! I would love to see this stuff in real life.

I feel so simple here!

~
~

Antique Brass Findings

Old 2009-02-26, 10:33am

MURF!!! How long does it take you to make those? That is gorgeous. I was surfing your website the other day but you don't have any on display

ps: EVERYONE... this is a superfantasticspectacular display of goodies!
Jo
Old 2009-02-27, 1:02am
Borosapien

here are some pendants i have made yesterday.
With the DVD of Brent the purple amber went much better now

Old 2009-02-27, 4:46am
boro color bender

Holy crap! You guys have been busy making really cool stuff!

I've been busy too... a few cool things, but I have to find time to take pics... will try soon.

Thanks for sharing everything with us!

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2009-02-27, 6:22am
Bliss Junkie

i've been slacking bad on my photo taking...

but one of my most recent marbles...

Karma, it's everywhere your going to be...

GTT Cricket and Carlisle CC w/ a lot of tanked oxygen
Old 2009-02-27, 6:36am

Wow, beautiful stuff!

Coldworking is a necessary evil for me. I enjoy the initial grinding to reveal the interior, but doing all the additional polishing steps gets old. I would probably enjoy it more if I had a proper flat lap and wasn't doing all my work with grinding wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedglass View Post
nice geodes, Eric! The prospect of coldworking horrifies me although we have a fully kitted out coldworking room in our studio. If you really like cold-working you'd want to live there, diamond punty wheels of various profiles, linisher, flatbed grinder, cut-off saw, cork and cerium for polishing and a dremel tool with probably 100 different kinds of diamond burrs. Makes me shudder when I walk past there...

here's an end of month non-coldworked (unless you count sandblasting) african king bottle about 40 or so cm tall ...

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

Old 2009-02-27, 6:50am
Pyromaniac

Ouch. That sounds almost like torture Eric!

Craigslist is your friend! I check it daily for stuff I have on my wish list...my last good find was a complete boro studio including a bunch of boro color, a big double guillotine door brick kiln (240v) with a digital controller, and a bunch of cases of simax clear (3mm, 12mm, 12mm tube (x2), 22 mm rod, 22mm tube (x2)), a lynx and a variety of misc tools - all for about the cost of the kiln new...

Last edited by Bunyip; 2009-02-27 at 8:29am.
Old 2009-02-27, 8:26am

Great Mib's Shawn. I love fume work like that.
Old 2009-02-27, 12:05pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunyip View Post
Ouch. That sounds almost like torture Eric!

Craigslist is your friend! I check it daily for stuff I have on my wish list...my last good find was a complete boro studio including a bunch of boro color, a big double guillotine door brick kiln (240v) with a digital controller, and a bunch of cases of simax clear (3mm, 12mm, 12mm tube (x2), 22 mm rod, 22mm tube (x2)), a lynx and a variety of misc tools - all for about the cost of the kiln new...

Sounds like I need to start checking Craigslist! LOL

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

Old 2009-02-27, 3:29pm
Bliss Junkie

thanks, just did a large fume pendant, pulled it down to a stringer, and did a wrap vortex style, i got some bubbles in there that i didnt want, and need to do more twist, but for a first one like that, it came out pretty good....

i've done a bunch of other stuff, but i really need better lighting to take some good pics... and we're cloudy here right now, so i cant haul it all outside in the sun...

Karma, it's everywhere your going to be...

GTT Cricket and Carlisle CC w/ a lot of tanked oxygen
Old 2009-02-28, 8:42am
Seeker of Beauty

OK, I just posted a reply with pics, but it didn't take it nor did it give me back my ability to edit the note.

Let's try this again!

-----------------------

Very inspiring posts. You're all so talented.

That African bottle is just amazing, and I love little bear pendant. It's all just terrific work! Thanks for sharing.

I'm almost afraid to post mine, but here it goes anyway.

Lloyd
Attached Images

AKA BurningScentsations

Old 2009-02-28, 9:29am
Pyromaniac

Love the colors on the top one - what glass did you use? Solara?