Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2009-06-15, 4:54am
Beyond Cloud 9!

Default Carrying case with egg crate foam?

Does anyone know who has these carrying cases with the egg crate foam? I know I saw them on someone's site for around 10 bucks. Any ideas?

Thanks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-06-15, 5:03am
No longer a Member

Hey Lisa......I went to grade school with the current manufacturer........not sure about their retail outlets.....look up Doskocil Manufacturing in Arlington, TX........that's who makes 'em!!!
Old 2009-06-15, 5:15am

some folks use gun cases...hehehe....
Old 2009-06-15, 7:15am
Master Procrastinator

Yup! I bought mine in a gun store. Guy looked at me all funny when I went in there for a gun case.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Probably should pick up more for GS.

Old 2009-06-15, 7:22am
Tweedle Dumb

a gun case will work, and i did buy one once upon a time from abr for about $10, when i got it i was soooo proud that i had a case to put my pretties in (lame i know) and then my BF said "why didn't you just buy a gun case?" hmmmmmm. now i buy gun cases. LOL

<Click For My Latest Murrini!

<Click! For Pandora Style Beads!
Old 2009-06-15, 11:53am
PyronamixK

I have seen some really pretty gun cases that look like tiny attache cases. They come in different patterns and colors, too. They're a nice option if you don't want plain black/grey plastic.
Old 2009-06-15, 1:28pm
Micromosaic and Lampwork

I use something like this:

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-06-15, 6:00pm
Beyond Cloud 9!

Awesome information, everyone. Thanks. I'll look into it.

Old 2009-06-15, 6:07pm

gun case...

Get Your New Hagstrom Art Glass Videos on my website and Etsy now!!!
Old 2009-06-16, 7:54am
No longer a Member

Wally World sells 3 different styles for under 25$..........
Old 2009-06-16, 7:58am
No longer a Member

Default Doskocil Manufacturing

Called em up....here's their website.

Manufacturers of plastic gun cases
Old 2009-06-16, 8:01am
No longer a Member

Their website was a pain in the butt....here's a better link....
Old 2009-06-16, 11:03am

Something else you can do is go get an empty cigar box for about $1-$2 (some are just gorgeous!) and hot-glue some egg-crate foam inside of it.

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2009-06-19, 10:02am

abr imagery has them for $10.95

here is a link!

Old 2009-06-19, 5:39pm
Young at Heart

Pretty Cool Ross and the price is right!

Joanna ........
Etsy Shop

Boro Ho, Nortel Midrange, 2 Tanks of Oxygen
, A Chillipepper,Nikon D40 and the 2 Cats!
Old 2009-06-19, 6:02pm
Beyond Cloud 9!

Yes, thanks, Ross. I knew I saw that somewhere!!!

And thanks everyone else for the great ideas.

Old 2009-06-20, 5:25am

Hehe, like 2 or so years ago I ordered one of those from ABR and for some reason didn't read the actual size (thought I was gettting something like almost briefcase size lmfao) till it got to me and I was like, wtf is this tiny little case... in hindsight I'd order more cause they are the only cases I have found small enough that they fit in and tie down onto my limited edition extreme sports camelback mayhem (which has tiedowns for helmets, skateboards etc)... So in closing. look how big they are, then order a bunch of them
Old 2009-06-20, 6:06am
"Maybe it's a tumor"

Harbor Freight carries a metal briefcase sized box for cameras.

Foam is included but for some reason they don't show the foam in this pic. It fills the whole case much like the gun cases do.

Last edited by ccrye; 2009-06-20 at 6:12am.
Old 2009-06-26, 11:16pm
Lampworkaholic!

I can see myself now, going through airport security with a gun case.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2009-06-29, 6:46am

I have bought several of the 14 x 7 1/2 inch (I think that's the size) black jewelry boxes with a latch on one side and hinges on the other. I think they are about 2 in. deep. I then cut a 1" foam mattress pad to fit in the front and the back. When you put your glass in there, it can't move. I then had to buy one of those black canvas cases to put them all in. It does get to be fairly expensive, but you can do it a little at a time. I think my wife ordered the boxes from Fire Mountain.

Greg
Old 2009-06-29, 7:52am
ManBearPig

I use pistol cases. They are about $10 or so. They work great because they are two layers. So, you can put twice as much in them...

Quote:
I can see myself now, going through airport security with a gun case.
I've done it. They ask me to open the case, but once they see what's inside they send me on my way. I have a friend who put "NOT A GUN" on the side of his with big fluorescent orange letters. He gets stopped a lot going through security...

Old 2009-06-29, 5:22pm
The Crazy One

OK here goes for what it's worth:

It's damn easy to get through security at an airport with a gun case. If your carrying a gun declare it, yes it MUST be checked "luggage." They send you to security and they look, they are wearing gloves so you don't have to worry about fingers on the metal. easy peasy you lock the sucker and your done!

Carrying a gun case with glass is a bit more difficult because your most likely carrying it on. they send er through and maybe take a peak. No worries. Wine stoppers, some get a bit picky about...

In all reality it's easier to take a gun case with beads or glass on a plane than to have a stacked type bead case, less to look at.....

In all reality I've done both and I like the "gun" style cases. My work is more secure and IF security needs to look it's much easier for them to do so with a gun style case than a "Jewelry" style stacker.

Last edited by loco; 2009-06-29 at 5:24pm. Reason: mebtally masturbating......