Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2011-04-10, 9:22am

Hi Paula
Nice job. I'm just starting also. Were your marbles made with the Devardi Boro?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-04-10, 10:25am

Has anyone actually tried Devardi boro? I recall reading on their site that it might not be compatible with any other boro!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-04-12, 12:36am

What a great gallery to please the eye!

Here is one of Don's SPLASH vessel series

"As a woman, I have no country. As a woman, the entire world is my country." Virginia Wolff
Old 2011-04-13, 6:55pm

cool work this month,
this is not a finished piece. It's China Black with some patterning of Momka's colours on it. I'm posting it unfinished because I'm a bit excited about the effect. I love Momka's glass and it's got a habit of surprising my socks off But photos don't do any justice to the colours, what you can't see is the metallic shine on the pinwheel patterns ...
Because some of her colours have such a high content of oxides, a black substrate is perfect to show them off to the best they can do ...
Attached Images

Running a
by Miema on LPG and oxy bottles and a GTT Mirage.
Old 2011-04-14, 4:19am

That looks really cool!

Old 2011-04-14, 9:21am

Hey Wicked, You should turn that into a MIB and join the spring marble swap
Old 2011-04-15, 8:30am

HOLY COW!!! That is AWESOME!
Old 2011-04-15, 9:17am
Serenity Now!

Wowsers Wicked - awesome!

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
Old 2011-04-15, 9:40am

Just stunning !!

Old 2011-04-16, 4:53am

I love what those colors did. very cool

Old 2011-04-16, 10:12am

Been playing around with some boro bars (sticks?) love this stuff.
Attached Images

Old 2011-04-17, 12:12am

Wow! Wicked Glass! the black really makes those colors POP! If I could easily transfer that design to a piece of silk or velvet,,,,

"As a woman, I have no country. As a woman, the entire world is my country." Virginia Wolff
Old 2011-04-17, 12:13am

Deb, wonderful photography!!

Old 2011-04-17, 7:24am

Thanks I am getting together with an amateur photographer next week to tweek the set up, but I am pretty happy the way the pictures are turning out.

Old 2011-04-18, 12:14am
Newb boro fanatic

I made a frog! First go at making some eye milli, which was fun, and turned out quite well I thought. I applied some super small chips by actually melting them onto some thin clear rod, and then melting off the clear rod after sticking the chip to the body, which left a clear lens over the top of the eye, as well as keeping the eye from shrinking up when melted flat.

He's mostly Spring Luster, with a Silver Pearl belly.

Old 2011-04-18, 5:40am
Hobby Junkie

Oooo! I love the frog Rodger!!!!

Here's a new pendant type from me.

Old 2011-04-18, 7:23am

Love the frog's eyes and Cori the shape of the flower implosion is great.

Old 2011-04-21, 8:30am

Some of my latest dabblings. Upped my oxy pressure as recommended elsewhere on this site and am also thankful for that advice. Lower left are my first hollow ornament attempts - switching to HW made a big difference, but I've got miles to go. The sunflower was very gratifying, but I learned that TAG mango looks better without Momka's yellow pearl over it (thought it would really light up more). The retticello pendants are keeping me humble also - all goes well until the tear-off and reversal...aarrrgghhhh!
Attached Images

Old 2011-04-21, 12:59pm

Wow, Wicked, that is awesome!

Some implosions...finally happy with the way my butterflies are turning out. Now to get the bubbles from showing up when working with the white. I'm working cool and have coated it with clear...getting better, but, ppp.

Old 2011-04-21, 1:04pm

Roger, that frog is kissable! Darling!
Cori, that flower is gorgeous! I like that way you put a jump ring on it for the bail.
Love the sunflower, George! My next challenge for myself is the reticello...I'm just trying to get brave enough.

Old 2011-04-21, 4:11pm

Heidi, you should be proud. Those look perfect. Way to go! I love the white on black that looks really awesome!
Old 2011-04-21, 5:11pm

Heidi the white butterfly is beautiful. I have been using allot white in implosions and I have found that china white and ns star white the best for me giving me less bubbles. I melt the white slowly into a gather mixing it a bit before I pull into a thin stringer.

Old 2011-04-21, 8:33pm

Thanks for your comments and the tip, Deb!

Old 2011-04-25, 12:23pm
Fire and Fluidity

Default Firestorm pendant vessel

I was doing photos to put up on Etsy the other night and when I came to this one I said, "Nope, this one is going into the personal collection." These colors are what was under some pretty drab surface color caused by reducing a heavy silver boro color. Can't remember what it was, but etching the piece in Armour Etch revealed this.

"It all depends on how you look at things" said the Churkendoose.

Old 2011-04-25, 5:23pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedglass View Post
cool work this month,
this is not a finished piece. It's China Black with some patterning of Momka's colours on it. I'm posting it unfinished because I'm a bit excited about the effect. I love Momka's glass and it's got a habit of surprising my socks off But photos don't do any justice to the colours, what you can't see is the metallic shine on the pinwheel patterns ...
Because some of her colours have such a high content of oxides, a black substrate is perfect to show them off to the best they can do ...
is this soild or did you use tubing?
Great colors.
G.
Old 2011-04-26, 2:53pm

I'm coming out of the lurk mode and posting my latest marbles. I'm pretty happy with them but I still need some work to do.

Wish I had another boro person close by so we could play.

Old 2011-04-26, 2:55pm

BTW can anyone tell me how to get by pictures bigger on here?

Old 2011-04-26, 3:02pm

OK I think I figured it out. Let's try this.

Old 2011-04-26, 3:03pm

Yeah...............I got it!

Old 2011-04-26, 4:38pm

Beautiful Roberta!