Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2010-01-01, 11:55am

Default Canadian Wholesale Supplier for these

I need a Canadian supplier for these glass tiles.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I contacted this supplier to ask if they will ship to Canada and they don't.

I am looking for similar pricing on these. I want a wholesale price.

They suggested I buy from people who buy wholesale from them, but then the price would be more and what would be the point of that, as I would then need to price the finished piece far above the going price.

So anyone sell or know of someone who sells these tiles wholesale in Canada or will ship to Canada for a reasonable shipping price as well?

Thanks a bunch!
Old 2010-01-01, 12:33pm
Cancer SUCKS!

Have you checked Etsy or Ebay? I've seen them at pretty good prices on there.

HTH

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-01-01, 1:42pm
OBA-Official Bead Addict

I buy most of my findings etc from
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, it's not in Canada but the shipping is only $1.00 and they may have what you are looking for.

Janet

Old 2010-01-01, 2:39pm

I would have to agree with Deb and Janet.

I buy my glass wholesale and make my own ... but it costs me more than what they're selling them for ... unless they are using window glass instead of jewelry grade glass. But that website says their glass is never green so I dunno. You would have to buy a minimum of 30 full sheets (8 square feet a sheet) at a time to be able to make them for that price.

Last edited by Dreamscapes Studio; 2010-01-01 at 2:42pm.
Old 2010-01-01, 10:33pm

All window glass has a green tint to it (your normal window glass) What they are probably using is a glass called StarFire. It's probably the 1/4" thick to begin with either that or 3/16" Tabletop glass. It's called different names by different manufacturers, the edges are clear, it's more expensive than reg. window glass but you can buy what you need from most (commercial glass shops) one that does flat glass work, table tops, mirrors etc. Just buy a square or rect., size you want ,from them and cut into 1" pieces, buzz the corners slightly on a grinder, wash really well, and fire polish in your kiln. It' s usually about $5.00 a square foot (maybe more now) Had a flat glass shop for 25 years, I don't miss the work, but I sure do miss all those free glass cutoffs. Dicrodi
Old 2010-01-02, 12:56pm

Thanks for the info.

I did check ebay and the glass they sell is the green tint glass, not really what I am looking for and costs more then the people I linked.

Thanks for the idea of doing it myself but after your description dicrodi, I am thinking thats not something I want to delve into...I am a bit lazy on that front..LOL

I did originally buy from an etsy seller, however I am pretty sure they are buying from the people I linked, so paying the extra doesn't make sense from a profit standpoint on the finished piece.

I am doing Custom pics for people on them and I need a wholesaler or else there is no point in continuing as I am actually loosing money at this point

I really can't up the price anymore than what I am charging as it is now I am not getting paid for my time.

Ah well the seach continues or I may have to convince a glass supplier out here to start manufacturing them.....

Thanks!
Old 2010-01-02, 2:23pm

I am going to check with our "local" window glass shops and see if they carry the "Starfire" glass. I am interested in saving money too. All hope is not lost yet ... they usually give me "decent" prices when I need window glass. Let me see what I can find out. Won't be til next week tho.