Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2006-08-17, 2:53pm
boro color bender

Talking I have a new favorite color!

Holy crap... I am a blue moon fanatic. I really love all the colors you can get out of that color... but I have a brand new favorite that blows it away!

I'll bet you want to know what it is... huh? Well, I don't really want to come out and just tell ya. Where would the fun be in that? I think I'll make it a little game. I'll post pics of the hearts I made with it later and see if you can guess.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2006-08-17, 3:16pm
Does it come in Purple???

tease

~~

Bloodletting, mayhem and massacre first thing in the morning is the best way to start the day
Old 2006-08-17, 3:16pm

is there any of this color in the shorts bags?

~~

Bloodletting, mayhem and massacre first thing in the morning is the best way to start the day
Old 2006-08-17, 3:44pm
boro color bender

Could be... it's a precision color and there is precision in the bags... it would be a long shot, but possible.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2006-08-17, 4:17pm
Serenity Now!

K, whatever it is, I hope you bring a sh*t-load next week, along with a TON of other goodies - I'm counting on you to not dissapoint - LOL!

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
Old 2006-08-17, 4:24pm
In search of her path....

tease tease brents a big teasey tease

Prints for sale in my
!
Old 2006-08-17, 5:22pm

It's super unobtanium. I'm in love with that color

~~

Old 2006-08-17, 5:42pm
boro color bender

Nope... it's a new one. At least I'd never heard of it. Abe friggin rocks!

Old 2006-08-17, 5:51pm
boro color bender

Old 2006-08-17, 6:04pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Looks like either Blue Nebula or Alaskan Thunder.
Could be Blue Velvet from how I've heard it described (haven't seen any yet).
Old 2006-08-17, 6:08pm
ID10T Problem Solver

Crystal Bliss?

***Scorpion (4 stud)***
Old 2006-08-17, 6:27pm
boro color bender

Wrong, but thanks for playing! I wouldn't have even tried this color if Ron hadn't given me a stick. It's so creamy blue (not in rod form)... I didn't have to put a lot of effort into working it either. Just a slight reduction before I encased. It's very nice... keep guessing!

Old 2006-08-17, 7:17pm
Serenity Now!

R4 soft glass?

Old 2006-08-17, 7:24pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

No...can't be that - this is the Boro room, and that would be cheating...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerVal
R4 soft glass?
Old 2006-08-17, 7:33pm
Serenity Now!

Hey Karen, I know it girlfriend...but when Brent mentioned Ron, and after seeing so many pics lately of the r4...could he be trying to trick us? Playing games? Hmmm...

Old 2006-08-17, 7:45pm
ID10T Problem Solver

I'll try again....Unexplainium or Silver Amethyst?

***Scorpion (4 stud)***
Old 2006-08-17, 8:36pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Sneaky bastard! If Brent is tricking us, he's in for one hell of a noogie when I get my hands on him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerVal
Hey Karen, I know it girlfriend...but when Brent mentioned Ron, and after seeing so many pics lately of the r4...could he be trying to trick us? Playing games? Hmmm...
Old 2006-08-17, 9:29pm
senior citizen lampworker

What ever it is I want some.....Please Brent,,,,,with sugar on it...tell us what it is.

A YouTube video I made:
Old 2006-08-17, 11:40pm

Is it Silver Seaweed?????????

Barbie
Old 2006-08-18, 2:38am
boro color bender

Ok, enough torture. It's called Black Lightning. It's a precision color. I was standing there chatting with Ron and he said "Here, try this... it's cool stuff." I asked what it did and he said "I don't know, I haven't melted it yet." So, the story goes. He's a funny guy and I love having them so close! I guess I was the guinea pig in this little scenario... I'm cool with that. I don't know if I should tell him how cool it is right away or if I should wait a few months.

I also got a stick of the Unexplainium. That's the reformulated Draconis Experimental Green. Precision bought out Draconis and is doing a fantastic job with this new formulation. The unexplainium is fun stuff. I'll see if I can post a pic of that too. It's the weirdest color you'll ever work with... it really is hard to friggin explain!

I hope this thread gets some exposure for another great color. Try using it with Indigo Luster frit over it and encase.... Yummy!

Old 2006-08-18, 5:31am
Serenity Now!

Okay-dokey Brent - boy I hope you've got a HUGE bag to fill up with glass and goodies...I can't wait, I'm so excited to see you again

Old 2006-08-18, 9:54am
In search of her path....

ooo might be my new favorite color lol I love quite a few of precisions colors man I am a boro whore I love the stuff dammit....mmmmmm boro....................lick

Prints for sale in my
!
Old 2006-08-18, 11:54am

Lol
Old 2006-08-19, 11:13am

Great Color.
G.