No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2016-10-11, 7:24am
what's a senior moment ?

Default Breathing Flame

I have a brand new M-20 concentrator and a brand new tank of propane (only about 15 hours max, if that, used on the full tank). The flame on my mega minor torch is breathing so bad I can't torch. I've tried everything as far as adjusting the setting on the propane tank regulator, adjusting the flame at the torch, etc. and it doesn't resolve the problem. The hoses are fairly new however the regulator on the propane tank is 12 years old. Suggestions ? I posted this on FB and 2 people said it's probably the regulator. My husband tends to think not.

Today, I turned the flame down a bit and it actually worked for about an hour give or take with no breathing. Then it started all over again. And no, the flame does not go back to "normal". It will get a bit bigger or even smaller. Crazy stuff. It use to be the new tank of propane was the issue and it would resolve itself. So far, no luck.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2016-10-11, 8:19am
DaveK

Did you post your question in here? https://www.facebook.com/groups/conc...ref=ts&fref=ts

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
You can call me Dave 🎨
Old 2016-10-11, 9:23am
what's a senior moment ?

No. Never saw that page before. Thanks for the link.

Old 2016-10-11, 2:50pm
DaveK

Quote:
Originally Posted by dla View Post
No. Never saw that page before. Thanks for the link.
No problem, There are more people in the Facebook Torch Talk Forum if you don't get any response there.
You can call me Dave 🎨
Old 2016-10-12, 3:27am

Sounds like a purity issue. There is a tiny yellow hose going to a sensor on the circuit board that may have come off.
Old 2016-10-13, 2:00am
what's a senior moment ?

Will check that out snoop. Thanks for the info.

Old 2016-10-20, 10:59am
what's a senior moment ?

Breathing has stopped all on it's own. Thinking it's the age old issue of a propane tank that's too full. Have had that happen before but never took so long to fix itself. Anyway, at least now it's back to normal.
ETA: I recant that remark. Sheesh. lol ! Works fine one day and the next day back to breathing. Time for a new regulator.

Last edited by dla; 2016-10-23 at 3:25am.