Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Old 2006-02-11, 9:27pm

Default Oxy Con - Problems

My 2nd oxycon, a Nuvo, has been sounding the alarm when I start it. It is longer then just the initial alarm sound. My first instinct is to turn it off then turn it back on. Probably not the right response. What should I do if the alarm keeps sounding?

When I turn it back on it stuggles to get going. It sounds like it is knocking around or sputtering then eventually goes and does fine for the rest of my torch session. It sounds like eventually (maybe sooner then later) it won't get going.

When I turn it off it sputters and then goes off. My Airsep just turns right off.

I really don't want to kill my concentrator. Please help!

Thanks!
Christie
Old 2006-02-12, 3:34pm
Incognito

Unplug it and pop the cover and make sure all the internal hose or connectors are "connected". Sometimes there is just a hose type thing that comes undone. When you turn it off it's best to let it sit awhile before switching it back on. If the alarm continues to holler at you and won't go off and or it continues to struggle and thump then I then I would have a Pro look at it. I have 2 concentrators and one just quickly beeps and the other one hollers until the O2 starts to come up. Good luck
Linda
Old 2006-02-12, 6:53pm

Thanks Linda. I will peek inside and see what I see. Hopefully it is something simple. Maybe I do just need to let it sound the alarm for a little while longer. Is there any harm in letting the alarm go off? Somehow I have always thought it might be a sign it was about to self destruct or something.

Christie
Old 2006-02-12, 7:23pm
I'm a lilac!

One of my concentrators acts like that when it's below about 60 degrees... is it cold in your studio?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2006-02-12, 8:31pm

Yes, it is cold.

I just got this concentrator so I am trying to get use to it. When I turned it on tonight the alarm sounded for about a minute or so, it gasped and exhaled loudly then smoothed out and is working fine. Maybe it is ok. I really don't know.

Thanks for your thoughts.
Christie
Old 2006-02-12, 8:34pm
I'm a lilac!

If it's reacting to the cold the way mine does, you may be able to solve the problem by keeping a little space heater in the studio to warm it up a little while before you start working. That's what I ended up doing.

Old 2006-02-14, 8:00pm

Thank you Kalera. I think the cold may be the problem. Last night it was not as cold and the oxy con acted fine, so I will point the space heater at it when it is cold.

Thanks for the help.
Christie