Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2006-12-17, 8:32am
Nature Coast

Default Tribal Turqoise and Lauscha Clear...what happened???

I made a set of sprees in ASK Tribal Turqoise than applied Lauscha clear stringer decorations and reduced. I thought I had a beautiful set but noticed when I pulled them out of the kiln, a few of the beads had small cracks under the stringer. The next day, all the beads had small cracks.

Anyone else have this problem or is it just me? I wonder if I used a different clear, would the same thing happen?
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2006-12-17, 8:54am
Shine your bright side!

I have never used any of the ASK glass but have read some of the colors do not mix well with clear and they should not be encased.
Nice beads...sorry they cracked.

Website!
"When you discover your mission, you will feel its demand. It will fill you with enthusiasm and a burning desire to get to work on it." - W. Clement Stone
Old 2006-12-17, 8:56am

I try to avoid using any transparent color over any ASK color. They tend to crack .

Old 2006-12-17, 1:55pm
all for the love of glass

Look at that color!...there is an ask clear isn't there? You're going to have to do those babies again when you work it out. Gorgeous set.

"Do not worry about your originality. You could not get rid of it even if you wanted to." -- Robert Henri.
Old 2006-12-17, 5:44pm
Nature Coast

Thanks everyone...I heard about the encasing problem too but thought that thin stringers would be OK. You're right, Deborah, ASK does make a clear...duh...will have to try it! I keep forgetting that Kuglar Clear is in the same line as the other ASK colors... do I feel dumb.