No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2006-12-20, 1:27am
Bead Maker / Instructor

Question oxygen concentrator/generators - Europe

Hi - I'm looking for a bit of advice. We are an Italy-based bead making company in search of a QUALITY oxygen concentrator/generator for use in our beadmaking. The machines we've found so far here in Europe have either been weak or over-priced or both. Can any of you beadmakers recommend a good company that is either Europe based or that can make the necessary modifications for our power supply?

Thanks so much.

Tim
Old 2006-12-20, 1:31am
Bead Maker / Instructor

btw - I did contact the oxygen concentrator company that advertises on Lampwork etc. but never received a response to my inquiry.

Tim
Old 2006-12-20, 6:08am

i would be intersted to hear any responses to this one, as I am also looking for a oxycon suitable for use in the UK. Very few outlets seem to stock them and those that do are very overpriced.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2006-12-20, 12:10pm
Fight glass with FIRE

Meltdown what company did you inquire with?

You always buy one from over here in North America and get yourself a converter that has the proper wattage for a concentrator.

http://www.brookstone.com/shop/thumb...FSW_SgodaWD0PA

You can call Larry at oxygen plus medical 1-540-586-9051 or fax 1-540-586-9052 to see how much a concentrator will use in terms of WATTS so you can find a proper converter. It might be a cost effective method since you said most concentrators are a little over priced in europe. A proper converter might be easier to find for you then a cheaper concentrator in europe

Emmanuel Germain
Old 2006-12-20, 12:44pm
PyronamixK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeltDown View Post
btw - I did contact the oxygen concentrator company that advertises on Lampwork etc. but never received a response to my inquiry.

Tim
I own one of the oxygen concentrator companies that advertises on LE. I would be happy to help you.

I sell several different oxygen concentrators and generators, including the 10 LPM Regalia built for European electrical requirements.

What are your oxygen requirements (what type torch(es) are you running)?
Old 2006-12-20, 1:04pm
Beadmaking.nl

Smile

We know an adress of a company in the Netherlands, where you can buy secondhand oxygen-concentrator for +/- 150 euro.

My husband has the adres, mail him for more info: rene@stainedglass.nl
Old 2006-12-21, 7:39am
Bead Maker / Instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbinkster View Post
I own one of the oxygen concentrator companies that advertises on LE. I would be happy to help you.

I sell several different oxygen concentrators and generators, including the 10 LPM Regalia built for European electrical requirements.

What are your oxygen requirements (what type torch(es) are you running)?
Ahhh...Just what the doctor ordered! At the moment I run a Nortel Minor Bench Burner between 20 and 40 hours a week. I would like to upgrade torches in the near future but we can use the bench burner as our guage. How powerful is the 10 LPM Regalia? Can I run more than 1 torch at a time?

My main concern is POWER. I actually bought a concentrator from a company in Switzerland last year but found that it was MUCH too weak to suit my needs. After much discussion with the company they said that it was more for "hobby" than production. (Although weak is weak, the way I see it, whether I'm doing it on the weekend or as a living) I had to go through the hassle and expense of sending it back.
So, having said that, can you confidently say that as a full-time professional bead maker this machine will be powerful enough to suit my needs?

I know there are others that would be interested in the response, as well. As far as cost, I'll contact you directly via email. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Tim
Old 2006-12-21, 7:40am
Bead Maker / Instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by margriet@stainedglass.nl View Post
We know an adress of a company in the Netherlands, where you can buy secondhand oxygen-concentrator for +/- 150 euro.

My husband has the adres, mail him for more info: rene@stainedglass.nl

Thanks for your response - I'll contact you via email.

Tim
Old 2006-12-21, 7:55am
Bead Maker / Instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by meister1981 View Post
Meltdown what company did you inquire with?

You always buy one from over here in North America and get yourself a converter that has the proper wattage for a concentrator.

http://www.brookstone.com/shop/thumb...FSW_SgodaWD0PA

Hi, thanks for responding. Concerning converters: We have heard so many horror stories that I'm hesitant to go this route. From personal experience I can say that the converters we used when we first moved to Italy were only good for short-term use. After that they often became a fire hazzard, over-heating and even smoking. It's possible that there are very high-grade ones available but I'd hate to put at risk an expensive concentrator.

I'm no electrician so I have no idea how difficult it would be, but I wonder how expensive it would be to manually convert one? I know there is a market in Europe, if one of you guys want to expand your operation.

Tim