Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > The Dark Room

The Dark Room -- Photo Editing and Picture Taking. Advice, tutorials, questions on all things photoshop, photo editing, and taking pictures of beads or glass.

Old 2010-01-31, 4:52pm
Formerly Kellyhorton

Default help with camera decision

Looking for 10 times zoom, ability to snap pics quickly, easy to use with auto settings, and good close ups as well. basically i photograph jewelry, and people and special occasions. lol. any help would be appreciated.

MEAN PEOPLE SUCK
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

In the '60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.
Old 2010-01-31, 7:45pm
Miss my BoBo Griff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyhorton View Post
Looking for 10 times zoom, ability to snap pics quickly, easy to use with auto settings, and good close ups as well. basically i photograph jewelry, and people and special occasions. lol. any help would be appreciated.
Well IMO the ability to shoot pictures quickly rules out all of the point and shoots that I have used. It used to drive me nuts trying to get pictures of the grand kids and my Great Danes so I gave up and got a rebel xsi. Still use a point and shoot sometimes cause the rebel is kinda bulky but boy does it take nice pictures. I've be told that the Canon G10 or maybe it's 11 now takes fast pics and it isn't as much as the rebel.
chrisann

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-01-31, 7:51pm
In search of her path....

Fujifilm HD2000 hands down best camera ive had in a long time has all sorts of options is an all in one no need for extra lenses, does FANTASTIC macro and super macro has good color settings even a natural light setting that is amazing has flash if needed....really its fantastic.

Prints for sale in my
!
Old 2010-01-31, 9:08pm
Formerly Kellyhorton

will check it out, thanks for your help
crap, having a hard time finding it online, where did ya get yours?

MEAN PEOPLE SUCK

In the '60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.

Last edited by dragonfly designs 56; 2010-01-31 at 9:23pm.
Old 2010-01-31, 11:23pm
HourGlass Studio

The Lumix DMC TZ5 cameras( and their current TZ cameras ) are VERY good at fast shots, macro and have an awesome zoom. Its the camera I use when my daughter plays hockey. I have a Canon 40D with the big lens but its a pain to haul around sometimes....so I went looking for a camera that was inexpensive, fast, great glass, and macro. I tested about 50 different cameras and came home with the Lumix. Love the Leica lens, and wide angle. Takes great video, and mine is a 10X. Very good Image stabilization and I love that there are customizable features so I can set it for bead photos and set it for everyday shooting with a flip of the dial.

Not all the Lumix cameras are good though....but the model listed above and the newer versions of it are amazing !!!

Old 2010-02-28, 2:08pm

i have a canon G10 and love it. i can take pictures quickly. it has a macro lens and is easy to use. the new one available in the stores now is the G11. ....kath
Old 2010-03-07, 3:09am
one day at a time

Nikon Coolpix, the easiest camera to use, IMHO. I have 4mp, and for beads and most photos, that's all you need.
Old 2010-03-08, 10:38am

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php...ng_id=39257887

Lisi are your Etsy pics like this one taken with that?

Heidi

~~
~~