No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2006-12-18, 6:07am
Formerly Kellyhorton

Default what color green is this

in the first three pics and there are more pics of this green color, anyone know what color green that is?
Is it mosaic maybe?
http://www.bylgd.com/holidayopenhouse.htm

MEAN PEOPLE SUCK
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

In the '60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.
Old 2006-12-18, 6:43am
Bead Lady

Kelly, What is it you're wanting to know exactly? The green stone or the lampwork beads that I made? I will help you in any way that I can.

laurie eller
www.bylgd.com

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hubby's blog:
FUNNY MAN!!
Old 2006-12-18, 7:16am
Formerly Kellyhorton

ahhh, Hi Lori, the green you used in your beads..sorry, guess I should have just asked you, I love that color green! beautiful bracelet too by the way. you know what, I am not seeing any green stones, do they look like round lampwork beads? maybe i am thinking the green stones ARE lampwork beads, they look like it in the pic, I am looking at the very top braclet, amazing grace, but the green in the background of your focal looks like the same color...havent worked much with greens because I cant find one I like.

MEAN PEOPLE SUCK

In the '60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.
Old 2006-12-18, 7:40am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

Lori your bracelets are absolutely stunning, I had not seen your site until now, added you to my favorites, they are sweet!

Last edited by suzanne; 2006-12-18 at 7:44am.
Old 2006-12-18, 7:55am
Formerly Kellyhorton

I know, she is one of my favorites, I love looking at her stuff!

MEAN PEOPLE SUCK

Old 2006-12-18, 8:47am
Rose colored glasses…√

Wow, gorgeous stuff!!! That's definitely a bookmark!!

OMG I listed some stuff!!! Little devils ARE ice skating!!!

RIP Sunday; You can donate for Izzy's Future Trust @:

Live kindly...'cause karma will bite you in the ass harder than you ever thought about nibblin'...
Old 2006-12-18, 8:53am
Bead Lady

::blushing:: thank you so much for the sweet comments. (suzanne/kelly)

kelly, the beads you're referring to are Triple Grade Australian Green Lace Agate. I used them for a line of jewelry I did for the Vera Bradley Company and thought it would be fun to add lampwork with them. (their bracelets only have gemstones in them at this time, but in spring, will expand to lamp) I purchased them from a bead show that came to Cincinnati in October.

The frit in my Amazing Grace bracelet is Candy's frit (beadgoodies.com) and is gorgeous!!! Easy to make too. Ivory base, straw yellow on top, then silver foil, then roll. Easy. You can never go wrong with candy's frit...I have it all and LOVE everything.

If you have any other questions, I'll be glad to answer them. Thank you again. It made my day.

Warmly,
laurie

PS: Kelly, yeah just ask me next time but I love seeing my name on lampwork etc!! Tooooo cool dude!!! I'm always willing to tell this or that and help pass it along... unless it has to do with my weight. Now THAT, I ain't given' up!! ::giggles::

Hubby's blog:
FUNNY MAN!!
Old 2006-12-18, 8:56am
da General

Please continue to ask at the forum - so we can all learn! Great beads and bracelet, Laurie.

Hayley

|
|
|
|
Old 2006-12-18, 8:56am
Bead Lady

Suzanne i just saw your beads...DIVINE!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE 'em!

Hubby's blog:
FUNNY MAN!!
Old 2006-12-18, 9:07am
Hot Rod Addiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurieeller View Post
Kelly, What is it you're wanting to know exactly? The green stone or the lampwork beads that I made? I will help you in any way that I can.

laurie eller
www.bylgd.com

Absolutely nothing to do with this topic, but my name used to be Laurie Eller, lol! My first husband's last name was Eller. I had to do a double take when I saw this.

BTW, I looked at your site and see that my jewelry designs are very similar to yours!

Last edited by FordGirlGoneBad; 2006-12-18 at 9:10am.
Old 2006-12-18, 10:59am
Bead Lady

OMG that's a hoot!!! Eller isn't a common name either, you know? Too funny! Well, it's nice to meet you, Laurie, what-used-to-be Eller.

My hubby is adorable...has THE best sense of humor.
www.jeffeller.blogspot.com It's been a while since he's blogged...a bit busy, but it's that time of year. BUSY!!

I'll have to check out your designs. I couldn't find them in your post.

Hubby's blog:
FUNNY MAN!!
Old 2006-12-18, 11:01am
Bead Lady

Laurie, you live in Damascus... okay now THIS is weird!! I lived in Silver Spring for six years. Busy, crazy area, but we loved it nonetheless. We lived right off Georgia Avenue... I have friends in Damascus. Lovely area. What a small world, indeed.

Hubby's blog:
FUNNY MAN!!
Old 2006-12-18, 11:41am
Hot Rod Addiction

Quote:
Laurie, you live in Damascus... okay now THIS is weird!! I lived in Silver Spring for six years. Busy, crazy area, but we loved it nonetheless. We lived right off Georgia Avenue... I have friends in Damascus. Lovely area. What a small world, indeed.
LOL! That is so funny -- my ex was from Beltsville, right between Route 29 and Route 1...maybe you married my ex, lol! He was a really nice guy, we were just way too young. We only stayed married for six months.

Anyway -- great to meet you. Give me a shout if you ever make it out this way.

Oh, forgot to add -- I don't have a website and I don't sell on ebay. I'm fortunate enough that there's a small boutique in the Kentlands that buys everything I make. As a matter of fact, since I started lampworking she's getting a bit peeved at me because I've been busy learning and creating newby beads (very few that I can use in a sellable format). I was very into polymer clay prior to lampworking, and just plain jewelry with gemstones, crystals, polymer clay beads, sterling silver and lots and lots of glass (chinese, probably) beads. I was a frequent shopper at the period bead shows. My favorite thing to make are the cha-cha bracelets. I never wear them, but boy I like making them.

Last edited by FordGirlGoneBad; 2006-12-18 at 11:47am.
Old 2006-12-18, 3:09pm
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

Quote:
Suzanne i just saw your beads...DIVINE!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE 'em!

thank you so much!

Old 2006-12-18, 3:39pm
birdergirl ~o~

The green looks a little like celadon?

~raised by wolves~sleeps with foxes~cooks for crows~feeds the bears~scrabbles with squids~antisymmetrical~politically agnostic.

Torchering glass since spring '06~ gold cricket & oxycon!~
Old 2006-12-18, 7:29pm
Bead Lady

cadia the beads aren't lampwork. they're triple grade australian green lace agate... they're large (15mm) and gorgeous. i coupled them with the lampwork beads... i suppose they do look like lampwork but if you felt them they would feel more like stone.

Hubby's blog:
FUNNY MAN!!
Old 2006-12-18, 8:41pm
Formerly Kellyhorton

Laurie, I apologise, I would have asked you directly, I thought I read somewhere that you purchased your beads for your bracelets (lampwork) so I wasnt sure that you knew?? silly me, glad everyone can see how fab your stuff is, I am a closet watcher of your stuff, hoping some day (over a year later and my beads are still crap) that i can do something I am proud of. Thanks for all the inspiration, your stuff is absolutely FABULOUS! Glad to give you some recognition cuz your stuff sure is awesome!!!!! oh, by the way, thanks for "turning me on" to bead goodies, i need another frit sight like a hole in the head, ha ha ha. I have a bad frit addiction. thanks lol...

MEAN PEOPLE SUCK

Last edited by dragonfly designs 56; 2006-12-18 at 8:46pm.
Old 2006-12-18, 9:49pm
Bead Lady

kelly thank you so much... never worry about asking. i'm always willing to tell. plus, no apologies are needed... pay it forward, you know?

sorry about beadgoodies... LOL candy's frit is not only fantabulous, but she is a dear herself.

Hubby's blog:
FUNNY MAN!!