No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2012-06-06, 7:38am
Valparaíso - Chile

Default Please, Can you help me?

Hi all, next week I travel to Dallas, please, can you say me from somewhere that sells Findings, supplies, stones, metal clay, glass rod and mandrel release in this city?
I appreciate any information,

Thank so much,
Ana María

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

@cristallo_perle
Old 2012-06-06, 10:27am
SSDD... go ahead, ask me!

You should stop at the "Rock Barrell" it has pretty much everything. They use to sell limited glass rods but I think they stopped. It is in north Dallas. If you have a tax exempt license that will get you 30% off a total of $15 minimum.

It's my toy store of choice!

The store actually sits in a plaza. You can call them for directions and be sure to visit their website. If you go to the "Company Profile" link, you will see a layout of their store.

Suite 104
13650 TI Blvd.
Dallas, TX 75243
972-231-4809

Enjoy your visit to Dallas! There is so much to see and do here!
Old 2012-06-06, 11:34am

This store might have what you're looking for:

http://www.delphiglass.com/page/main_company

Good luck!

Mimi
Old 2012-06-06, 12:27pm
Valparaíso - Chile

Thank you so much Elegance!!!
I´m going to visit Rock Barrel.
Ana María

@cristallo_perle
Old 2012-06-06, 12:28pm
Valparaíso - Chile

Thank you so much Mimi!!!
Ana María

@cristallo_perle
Old 2012-06-06, 6:12pm

For glass rods, supplies and bead release you can go to Kittrell Riffkind Art Glass

http://www.kittrellriffkind.com/studio.php
Old 2012-06-06, 6:20pm

Delphi is in Lansing Michigan.

"Whether you believe that you can or believe that you can't, you're probably right." Henry Ford
Old 2012-06-06, 6:39pm
Ooohhh! Shiny!

For one stop shopping of everything you listed, I'd recommend Wired Up Beads in Grapevine. It's about 30 minutes from Dallas, but I'd be happy to take you. There are bunches of good beading stores here.
Old 2012-06-06, 8:24pm
Valparaíso - Chile

Thank you very much Elegance, Mimi, Shelbelle, Nance and Karen l!!! I will have 15 days to visit the stores listed here.
Thank,
Ana María

@cristallo_perle
Old 2012-06-07, 4:51am

My apologies, Ana Maria, I thought Delphi was in Dallas for some reason! I'll be more careful next time.

Mimi
Old 2012-06-07, 8:10am
Valparaíso - Chile

Mimi, don´t worry!!!!
Thank anyway.
Ana María

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xMI View Post
My apologies, Ana Maria, I thought Delphi was in Dallas for some reason! I'll be more careful next time.

Mimi

@cristallo_perle
Old 2012-06-07, 9:06am

DON"T MISS KETTRELL/RIFFKIND. It's also one of the best glass galleries in the country. It will knock your socks off.

-D

Donna Felkner -
-
-
-
Old 2012-06-07, 9:13am
Valparaíso - Chile

I'll be there!!! anyway!!!!
Ana María

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgbeads View Post
DON"T MISS KETTRELL/RIFFKIND. It's also one of the best glass galleries in the country. It will knock your socks off.

-D

@cristallo_perle
Old 2012-06-08, 12:05pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbelle72 View Post
For glass rods, supplies and bead release you can go to Kittrell Riffkind Art Glass

http://www.kittrellriffkind.com/studio.php

Kittrell is not too far from the Rock Barrell. It is north in the town of Addison. Again, not much in the way of rods, (but much more than the Rock Barrell) but they do have alot of sheet glass in COE 90 and 96 and yes, it's a beautiful glass gallery!
Old 2012-06-08, 2:57pm
I'm kinda biz-EE

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgbeads View Post

-D
This. They have Moretti and some Double Helix and a few tools, murrini, and a little frit too I think. BOOKS! They have glass books and you can also pick up the most recent issue of The FLow. If you've never read that magazine you really should. Every year they do an issue on women in glass, it's awesome.

Old 2012-06-08, 10:07pm

...and on your way to Wired Up Beads stop in Grapevine. I know there is a glass shop there but the name escapes me. I know other's out in that area can fill in the details. If you time your visit just right, you might be able to be at Wired Up Beads when they have the Grapevine Bead Society meeting.

I didn't know KR was selling DH glass now. It's been sooo long since I've been out there.
Old 2012-06-29, 6:44am
Valparaíso - Chile

Thank you all for your information.
I was in Dallas until 25 June. I loved it! a very beautiful city. I visited the Dallas Museum of Art. Stunning!!!!! I visited an aquarium, I did an extensive tour of Dallas. (Restaurants and other)

I visited Kittrellriffkind, and I bought glass rod, and they gave me the mud . Excellent attention. There are wonderful works in the Galerie. Spectacular.
I also visited Rock Barrell, there is everything, I bought many things and my companion had to get me out of the store, because I wanted to buy it all!!!!!.
I visited Splendor, is much more expensive than Rock Barrell, but, they had beautiful silk ribbon and copper chains.

On my next trip will visit Austin (Maybe, hopefully, I meet Corina Tettinger, I'm dreaming!!! ) and San Antonio.

Thank you all!!
Ana María

@cristallo_perle

Last edited by Calypso; 2012-06-29 at 6:48am.