No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2006-05-24, 9:39am
Crunchy ol' Momma

Default Which Coral 420 is this?

It's marked Coral 420 on one of the rods, but I'd like to know which coral I have. There's so many ... If it helps, the rods are kind of bumpy, not smooth like my other rods. And it has sort of a "grainy" kind of feel to it too.

Name:  DSCN0132.JPG
Views: 1056
Size:  27.9 KB
Old 2006-05-24, 10:46am
Corgi Cult Member

I have a sunny mango that looks like that. I also have a sunny mango that doesn't look like that! Hummmm. Both were labeled from the vendor (two different ones). They don't look even close to one another. Never noticed until I checked for you. Guess I'll have to figure out mine too.
Kathy
Old 2006-05-24, 10:48am
Formerly SirWatson

Looks like tequila sunrise to me, but you never know with all of these corals!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<><
Old 2006-05-24, 10:52am
Back from the Dark Side

If it is light coral on the outside, i would agree that it is the old tequila sunrise. My favorite out of all the corals

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~
~
~
Steal List - 48, 50, 60, 32, and 29 for now
Old 2006-05-24, 11:22am
on hiatus...

Quote:
Originally Posted by burntfingers
It's marked Coral 420 on one of the rods, but I'd like to know which coral I have. There's so many ... If it helps, the rods are kind of bumpy, not smooth like my other rods. And it has sort of a "grainy" kind of feel to it too.

Attachment 18607
Yes, with the light colored outside I vote for Tequila sunrise too!! Love it!
Old 2006-05-24, 11:34am
Crunchy ol' Momma

The outside is only barely lighter than the core. There is also no pink on the outside, but there is a darker stripe of coral along one side of the rod. Maybe I should take a picture to show you guys??
Old 2006-05-24, 11:43am
a pox upon an idiot :..

Tequila sunrise
Old 2006-05-24, 2:21pm
on hiatus...

Quote:
Originally Posted by burntfingers
The outside is only barely lighter than the core. There is also no pink on the outside, but there is a darker stripe of coral along one side of the rod. Maybe I should take a picture to show you guys??
the core would be pink and orange.. and the outside would match the orange color that we're looking at.

Maybe you should send me some.. then I can REALLY tell. probably about 6 rods will do.
Old 2006-05-24, 3:06pm
Crunchy ol' Momma

I'm sure that you're right Steph, but I could never part with such a beautiful color!
Old 2006-05-25, 5:02pm

Of course "when" you bought it would help too (like, if you bought it 2 months ago for $12 a pound, it's probably NOT tequila sunrise )

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2006-05-26, 7:13am
Crunchy ol' Momma

When I bought my torch and stuff from a lady in Orlando, she gave me all of her glass too, and this was in the glass bunch. I bought her stuff last December, and I don't know when she bought the glass either, so it's been a while.
Old 2006-05-26, 2:01pm
Certified Glassaholic!

If it's rough on the outside and has the dark line running along the rod I'd say it's the original tequila sunrise.

Lucky you

-Yee

Old 2006-05-26, 3:52pm
Crunchy ol' Momma

Aaack - okay now you guys are scaring me! Is it hard to find? I don't want to melt through my stash and not be able to find it ever again ...
Old 2006-05-26, 4:48pm
A True Woofer

And if you can find it, it can get expensive.

Old 2006-05-26, 4:53pm

Oh geesh. Ignore them. Just enjoy it.

(This from the person who only pulls stringers from expensive/rare glass, even when she has a pound of it.)

~:
:~
~:
:~ Nikki ~:

~:

"...living hopefully ever after..." -john lennon
Old 2006-05-27, 10:43am
Runs with scissors

The Original Tequila Sunrise= what Monique sold as 420A & B

Old 2006-05-27, 2:49pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberly
LOL! You sound just like me!

Seriously, if you don't use it you will never get to really enjoy it. Have some fun!
Sheryll taught me that - she'll just pick up a rod with wild abandon and use it. I'm seeing dollars fly off the rod as frit when it's shocky rod, she's just laughing - "Hey! It's paid for, may as well use it!"

I'm doing better - there's a bead in the kiln made almost entirely of opal yellow. Now I'm afraid I'll get hooked...

~:
~:
:~ Nikki ~:

~:

"...living hopefully ever after..." -john lennon