Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2013-03-09, 6:04pm

Default Show me your Ossa beads

Has anyone got beads made with Ossa? I just got some from double helix and would love to see what can be done with it. I haven't played with silver glass in a while.
thanks,
Darlene

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2013-03-10, 4:59pm

This is a test batch, the first one that came out I think. Just over opal yellow and lightly reduced.

I got some of the next test batch for testing and it's great. I tested it over different effetre glass and encased it with effetre, vetro, aether and zephyr with no problems. I do like it best either by itself, reduced lightly and heavily encased or over opal yellow, swirled or not, encased or not.

Old 2013-03-10, 5:16pm

How is it you and I can have such different taste in glass, and yet I always love your beads!! You're a wizard.
Old 2013-03-10, 7:43pm
Lampworkaholic!

These are also the test batch for Ossa. Encased with Uroboros clear and Reichenbach Roselin.
Attached Images

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2013-03-11, 3:56am

Rebecca, those are really nice onthe opal yellow.
Elizabeth, is the only difference in those are the clear encasing? Is rech rosaline a clear? I've never heard of it

Old 2013-03-11, 5:49am

Quote:
Originally Posted by beadbroad View Post
How is it you and I can have such different taste in glass, and yet I always love your beads!! You're a wizard.
You're not buttering me up for another WTF trade are you?

Elizabeth, those are pretty. I love the one encased in Roselin. I don't know what it is either but I think I need some now.

Old 2013-03-11, 7:14am
Lampworkaholic!

Roselin is a pale pink. Very nice and scum free.

http://www.glasscolor.com/products/d...D=121&pID=1636

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2013-03-12, 3:41am

Thank you, Rebecca and Elizabeth, for the bead pics....beautiful creations!

Old 2013-03-12, 3:49am
Gimme that silver glass!

I also opened a thread in the Gallery, not knowing this thread was already there .

New Double Helix Ossa! by Anouk Jasperse, on Flickr

Untitled by Anouk Jasperse, on Flickr

Ossa by Anouk Jasperse, on Flickr

Poppers - Ossa, Clio frit and Okeanos by Anouk Jasperse, on Flickr

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2013-03-12, 3:50am
Gimme that silver glass!

Oops forgot one...

Ossa Feathers by Anouk Jasperse, on Flickr

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2013-03-12, 5:31am

Anouk,
I love them all.
I hope I can get that mother of pearl look with mine. Do you mind sharing the clear you used to case the beads?
Thanks
Darlene

Old 2013-03-12, 5:43am
Gimme that silver glass!

Sure Darlene! Just regular 006 super clear, effetre.

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2013-03-26, 1:33am
Naysayer

Question

I need help. I only made a few test beads, none are sparkly ?? I would think it would be a 'nothing fancy to work it glass', right?

The Ossa dark encased, it just looks like white specks, not sparkle. Reduced and just encased.

Ossa light I reduced and it just looks like, well light tanish? 0 sparkle, I don't even see any specks.

Will try and upload pics tomorrow.
Old 2013-03-26, 7:58am
Lampworkaholic!

Try working it cooler. The sparkle is subtle.

Old 2013-03-26, 11:25pm

wow Anouk those are stunning !
Old 2013-03-27, 12:14am
yukue fumei

WOW!!!

nagi

Old 2013-03-30, 11:14pm
Naysayer

Well I feel like I'm being punked lol!

I made a petal bead (dotted over white) to see if it was thinner if it would sparkle, then put surface dots both barely melted in and some semi melted in to see how that looked = nada. It's just white specks

Maybe my idea of sparkle is different? It's been crazy with easter but I will post pics.

Last edited by Ravenesque; 2013-03-30 at 11:21pm. Reason: can't spell
Old 2013-03-31, 6:54am

It's not doing much for me either.

Old 2013-03-31, 6:43pm
Naysayer

Yeah I made more last night, it's pretty when you reduce it, but it's just 'specks' not sparkle. I've tried it so many different ways now. I was expecting sparkle seeing Anouk's beads. the test batches I've seen pics of and that the site says 'When reduced and encased, the inclusions in Ossa produce a textured mother-of-pearl effect reminiscent of some dichroic coatings." ...so my mind went to bling, my bad. Ah well.
Old 2013-04-01, 9:59am

I'm not a big fan altho, Anouk seems to get something nice.
Attached Images

Old 2013-04-05, 8:07pm
To Bead Or Not To Bead

They remind me of beads that have pixie dust on them that you encase with the exception of Anouk's. I'm glad I saw this thread. Now I don't feel I need to order. I'll buy something else for DoubleHelix that I actually need.

Patsy

Ebay:
Old 2013-04-08, 5:54pm

Ok,finally got it to do something.

Old 2013-04-08, 6:13pm
novembersfyre everywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassactcc View Post
Ok,finally got it to do something.

Those are pretty! Are they headpins?

Old 2013-04-08, 6:25pm

No Mary Beth, they are charms. They are made on a wire and then looped. Kind of like a button.

Old 2013-04-08, 6:33pm
Naysayer

I haven't touched mine again yet. So what, how ? I have reduced but it still looks like white specks. Just like Pat's bead, which I can tell it's reduced.
Old 2013-04-08, 7:15pm
novembersfyre everywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassactcc View Post
No Mary Beth, they are charms. They are made on a wire and then looped. Kind of like a button.
Very nice!

Well, it will always have the white specs but it does reduce to a really pretty color. The specks are not sparkly but they do add some interest.

Thanks Mary Beth

Old 2013-04-08, 7:24pm
Tweedle Dumb

Yup. Speckle not sparkle. The sparkle comes from the reduction not from the inclusions. I don't see it being reminiscent of dichro like they say in the discription, but it is pretty glass with its own character.

<Click For My Latest Murrini!

<Click! For Pandora Style Beads!
Old 2013-06-12, 1:36pm

I made this ringtop with Osso.