Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Closed Thread

Old 2013-07-08, 3:36pm

I should have probably left the last message to Amy et al but I'd like to add the following:

Jack, don't you think it would have been more professional on your behalf if your approached Corri directly (in a message) rather than addressing her here, in front of everyone? Maybe this is my mistake and this is how you wanted to do it...I've been wrong before.

To everyone else, if me posting this was wrong and has caused any discord please accept my apologies.

Peace

Duane

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
REVAMPED WEBSITE NOW OPEN

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2013-07-08, 4:05pm

Quote:
I should have probably left the last message to Amy et al but I'd like to add the following:

Jack, don't you think it would have been more professional on your behalf if your approached Corri directly (in a message) rather than addressing her here, in front of everyone? Maybe this is my mistake and this is how you wanted to do it...I've been wrong before.

To everyone else, if me posting this was wrong and has caused any discord please accept my apologies.

Peace

Duane
Why not?? everyone else has done everything on this page. I would have preferred to handle most of this in private. Don't you think it would have been more professional for more than half of these post to be PM?? For you info, I did try to contact Corri PM, with no response. Jack

866-955-0200
3 year warranty & Life Time Support
PayPal address
Old 2013-07-08, 4:08pm
Storm Queen

Yea! The tracking number just showed movement with a delivery date of 7/11.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2013-07-08, 4:18pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
Do You DO this for EVERY CUSTOMER ON THIS FORUM????????
Every customer that forks out a lot of money and is waiting 40 days past delivery date. So far it's only happened once and hopefully won't happen again.

Old 2013-07-08, 4:27pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
Not good enough. I don't believe you. I have many customers. Hopefully you will support all of them. Hopefully you can represent every one who has waited for a product they have not yet received. Not just Unlimited Oxygen customers.
You're not making much sense right now. Or maybe I just need some wine.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2013-07-08, 4:28pm

Lightbulb

While some still wait for their orders, others are getting refunds on products they have received or at least the shipping they paid.

To revive the dog I had in this fight.
In Oct I ordered two M-20's & paid upfront. While I was waiting for them my mom took ill and passed away in late Nov(thank you again too everyone for the support offered). A few weeks later I asked for a cancellation of my order as I had unexpected bills to settle and my M-20 order was overdue. My request on the phone to a woman was denied. I then, a month or so later had to pay for the shipping of the two M-20's to my house in California. At this point I sold them UN-opened to LWE members not on any waiting list. So, two people got M-20's for the exact same price with zero wait time.

A simple problem with a complex outcome.
If my request had been granted by UO, order canceled and refunded, then two people on the overdue list would have been much happier to see their new machine and it would have been a feather in the UO cap to everyone that was following my situation. Now people will be paying more $ for the product due too Jack choosing to use a middle man and only time will tell if the delivery time frames improve.

A much simpler solution.
If it were my decision to make, I would have opted to change the delivery times promised and offered some compensation to those still waiting (maybe a free upgrade to the next higher model or free shipping). Customers would still be paying the same amount of money, getting the same quality product, waiting the same amount of time except they would not be frustrated about the delivery being two weeks to six months overdue.

And now UO cancels their membership to the finest forum for the hobby/industry. No-one wins here.

Last edited by Raimond; 2013-07-08 at 4:30pm.
Old 2013-07-08, 4:35pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
While some still wait for their orders, others are getting refunds on products they have received or at least the shipping they paid.

And now UO cancels their membership to the finest forum for the hobby/industry. No-one wins here.
I'm not sure which customers you are referring to but if it's H1JACK3R, they paid shipping for an oxycon they were going to test for Jack. They never got it because Jack decided not to sell that product so H1JACK3R was due his shipping refund.

I'm sorry if people have an issue with me stepping in. Actually I'm not sorry really. I'm pretty sure I would have done all of this had I not been a mod here.

Old 2013-07-08, 4:35pm
Jacqueline Parkes

oxydoc, I have never been a customer of yours but I have a good sense from reading the threads , what is really going on here. You just cannot overextend yourself and juggle monies and customers. It will kill a business fast. I feel bad for everyone involved,including yourself. Learn to say no. I must say no at least five times a week to customers who are ready to give me money when I know full well I cannot handle the load.

Just some advice from someone you do not know.

Old 2013-07-08, 4:41pm

Quote:
I'm not sure which customers you are referring to but if it's H1JACK3R, they paid shipping for an oxycon they were going to test for Jack. They never got it because Jack decided not to sell that product so H1JACK3R was due his shipping refund.

I'm sorry if people have an issue with me stepping in. Actually I'm not sorry really. I'm pretty sure I would have done all of this had I not been a mod here.
This is not the only discussion thread..

Old 2013-07-08, 4:41pm

Quote:
oxydoc, I have never been a customer of yours but I have a good sense from reading the threads , what is really going on here. You just cannot overextend yourself and juggle monies and customers. It will kill a business fast. I feel bad for everyone involved,including yourself. Learn to say no. I must say no at least five times a week to customers who are ready to give me money when I know full well I cannot handle the load.

Just some advice from someone you do not know.
You are right. But I never learned to say no.

866-955-0200
3 year warranty & Life Time Support
PayPal address
Old 2013-07-08, 4:43pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
I am sorry, but I don't see you doing for anyone else. And I think these people can speak for themselves. Without your unnecessary input.
You're deflecting.

Old 2013-07-08, 4:43pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
This is not the only discussion thread..
Don't I know it.

Old 2013-07-08, 4:45pm
Jacqueline Parkes

Why not? Look at all the stress it has cost you. In the long run, it costs you cash as well.

Quote:
You are right. But I never learned to say no.

Old 2013-07-08, 4:49pm

Best of luck Jack, I hope to continue seeing your equipment be produced..

Old 2013-07-08, 5:08pm
Administrator

Quote:
Why not?? everyone else has done everything on this page. I would have preferred to handle most of this in private. Don't you think it would have been more professional for more than half of these post to be PM?? For you info, I did try to contact Corri PM, with no response. Jack
I apologize that I did not respond in the hour between when you sent the message and when you posted publicly to the threads. I was not available and did not have access to read or do anything about your PM. I have now done as you requested. Thank you

Old 2013-07-08, 6:40pm
It's a far gone lullaby

Jack,

I don't even know what to say anymore. You're only hurting yourself at this point, not helping.

Instead of quitting, why not stay, and show everyone how you can turn this around?

-

AK,

Thanks for piping up for me, I'm not sure how long that would've gone on if this hadn't happened.
Old 2013-07-08, 6:46pm
Storm Queen

Quote:

AK,

Thanks for piping up for me, I'm not sure how long that would've gone on if this hadn't happened.
You're very welcome.

Old 2013-07-08, 7:31pm

Jack I thought my earlier post was very polite and professional just as my last pm to you was.

This whole ordeal could have (SHOULD) have ended up with everyone involved being satisfied. I know you're a very small company as you've stated that numerous times in the past. I reallize manufacturer delays come up now and then. I understand that you have given away numerous oxycons in contests and the like. I believe all the happy customers that your product is very good and decent prices

HOWEVER

You need to revamp your website. It doesn't hurt at all to post on your front page that delivery estimates can be up to 12-16 weeks. Jack, guess what?! If the machine is finished sooner and delivered sooner everyone is happy and YOU look like hero...a superstar.

For every order that is placed the minute you receive receipt of the order personally acknowledge the customer and thank them (maybe you do this already, I don't know.

Keep your customers in the loop. Email them every week and let them know the status of their machine. Your customers will feel good and you'll feel relieved that no one is hassling you for information.

Most of all, be Courteous and professional! Just because a customer snaps at you try and keep your cool...don't stoop to their level

I don't know what else to say

Duane

Old 2013-07-08, 8:00pm
Formerly FishBulb

Alright, I've kept my nose out of this as long as I could, but now I must speak up on Amy's behalf.

I've been here on LE for 4 1/2 years, and in that time I've seen not only Amy, but others stand up for customers who are not receiving the goods they paid for. What you've seen here is nothing unusual whatsoever, and isn't aimed at you as a person but rather at the business of UO.

Money is hard to come by, and the glass community stands behind people who are losing money due to non-delivery. Amy is a very vocal supporter who will go to bat for customers, and there are a few others as well.

One forum member even drove to a person's house, when they had bought a bunch of glass and tools, then reversed the charges once they received them, thereby ripping off the vendor. This forum person drove to that customer's house and claimed all the tools and glass back, and sent them back to the vendor.

What you're seeing here is not unusual. I'm glad there are people who look out for each other here. If the shoe were on the other foot and you were the one being ripped off, you would receive support too.

In Soviet Russia, Google searches you.
Old 2013-07-08, 8:21pm

Quote:

HOWEVER

You need to revamp your website. It doesn't hurt at all to post on your front page that delivery estimates can be up to 12-16 weeks. Jack, guess what?! If the machine is finished sooner and delivered sooner everyone is happy and YOU look like hero...a superstar.

For every order that is placed the minute you receive receipt of the order personally acknowledge the customer and thank them (maybe you do this already, I don't know.

Keep your customers in the loop. Email them every week and let them know the status of their machine. Your customers will feel good and you'll feel relieved that no one is hassling you for information.

Most of all, be Courteous and professional! Just because a customer snaps at you try and keep your cool...don't stoop to their level

I don't know what else to say

Duane

I told Jack the exact same thing more than once, he was not about to change his business practices. Every man decides his future, some build bridges to the end they choose. Jack has done this, he, his family, employees will have to live with it.

Old 2013-07-08, 8:23pm

Quote:
I am signing off. It is your fault that I don't want to come back. Anyone who has a question or problem can call me at any time 866-955-0200.
Thats sad. For the most part I have been following this from the sidelines but AKs work to drive resolution for these folks has been a bright spot for most of us that deserves praise not disdain.
Old 2013-07-08, 11:16pm
Administrator

Part of what Amy does as a moderator is making sure things run smoothly. This may at times include having to get involved with situations like this. Amy did nothing wrong in this situation. She was making sure that everything was straightened out and that the customers are satisfied.

With Jack having been a vendor as well, the business practices can reflect on LE since people find his business through this website.

Old 2013-07-09, 4:28am
It's a far gone lullaby

For the record, and any of the mods can see this,

AK and I have never exchanged a single PM, or any other communication.

She has no vested interest in me personally.

She's simply being a good moderator.
Old 2013-07-09, 5:33am

AMEN!

Quote:
For the record, and any of the mods can see this,

AK and I have never exchanged a single PM, or any other communication.

She has no vested interest in me personally.

She's simply being a good moderator.

Old 2013-07-09, 6:31am
Lotion handler

Originally Posted by oxydoc View Post
What is it to you? Do you have some connection or you just want to keep stirring the UO2 pot? Call them and ask, if you are really that concerned.

At Jacks suggestion (which he has since deleted) Amy contacted me. I was frustrated and scared that I wouldn't get a machine and had lost what amounts to a 2 week paycheck for me. I didn't want to be too vocal beyond what I had already posted for fear of not getting my machine at all or getting a machine that wasn't what I ordered or even a broken machine. The last two are still valid worries.

I don't know what will happen with my O2 situation. I do want to thank Amy for posting and trying to help me get my oxycon. She took time out of her life to try to help get mine straightened out and I appreciated it.

Thank you Amy.
Old 2013-07-09, 9:03am
Storm Queen

You're welcome Arryn. And thanks everyone for the nice comments and support.

Old 2013-07-10, 12:54am
><>

Quote:
Every customer that forks out a lot of money and is waiting 40 days past delivery date. So far it's only happened once and hopefully won't happen again.
Obviously you are forgetting COTM club

"In the whole world I have no twin, and my face is not me. I am someone under the skin others see only in glances."
"I can live with not being popular,but not with compromising my beliefs in order to fit in." jh
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil." Thomas Mann
Old 2013-07-10, 1:38am

Too bad the statement isn't true. It hasn't only happened once, but many, many times. We all need to look out for each other. That is what "communities" are supposed to do!

Old 2013-07-10, 8:58am
Storm Queen

Quote:
Obviously you are forgetting COTM club

Yeah, after typing that I thought of a few instances and even forgot about the COTM.
Good times. I did remember the Precision 104 bulk buy though.

Old 2013-07-17, 12:22pm
It's a far gone lullaby

"Im sorry, I thought you also had a Hurricane. Which, was sent back for up[dates and free shipping. My bad " -Oxydoc

I couldn't reply to this in the thread you posted this in, because it was closed.

You keep saying that I received free shipping but that simply was never the case.

You failed to ever keep any records (or so you told me) of our transactions, so even though I prepaid shipping, you kept thinking it was never paid. And there were shipping delays because of this.

My hurricane is a top notch unit, I'm glad to have it.

I hope taking on distributors means that the customer experience improves, a lot.

I'll give you a call whenever I need new filters.