Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2013-09-08, 2:45pm

Talking Fantastic Heather Trimlett Class!

I just got out of class and am so impressed with Heather's class I can't believe I even thought of trying to get out of it (I thought she was too advanced for my skills). She straightened me out on the finest detail of dots, heat, twists, discs, hollow beads and general flame work. I never really had a good level of skill but her info and teaching put me on the correct path. I was amazed at the things I learned. The people in class were great too. All this and the flat tire at the end didn't even bring me down. I'll be on a high for days, going to go over my notes and make sure I understand them...bought her tutorials just in case my notes are deficient (ha, ha). Great class, loads of information, great instructor, fun and sharing people. Thanks to all.

Yes, I picked the 'shit eating grin' icon for the way the exact way I feel.
Old 2013-09-08, 6:19pm
Loving learning

I watched one of the Corning videos where she was teaching, and I could tell she was an excellent teacher, but good to hear 1st hand how great your experience was.
Old 2013-09-08, 7:44pm

I echo what Pencie said. I loved the class. Learned so much. Heather also has a great sense of humor. Highly recommend her as a teacher. She came for 2 classes. The first was this weekend and it old out in about 20 minutes! So she agreed to stay on an do a second session on Monday and Tuesday. That class sold out quickly! We knew her excellent reputation and she more than lived up to it!

If you get the chance, take a class from her.
Old 2013-09-09, 2:07pm
Catch Fire Glass

Ditto, Terry and Pencie! Great class! Heather shares her knowledge and skills generously, answers all your questions, and demos all her techniques. I loved this class. Thanks, Heather!!!

~ Carol
Old 2013-09-09, 6:54pm

You are all too kind! You are a delightful group and I would teach for you again any time. You have all treated me like a queen....I like that! . Thank you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2013-09-10, 10:19pm

I just finished the second session and it was great! I loved the way Heather reinforced basic techniques such as heat control, in each demo of a new technique. I can't wait to get back to my torch to practice all the things I learned. Thanks Heather for a great class!
Old 2013-09-22, 4:48pm

Did I like the Heather Trimlett’s two day session on big hole mandrels at the Lorton
Workhouse Arts Center?

I was apprehensive about taking a class with the Heather because I thought my skills were not good enough. “Did the 40 dot bead challenge prepare me for her workshop?” I worried.

The demonstrations were so precise that I was able to have more success than I ever thought I possible. Amazing! Her techniques for that initial foot print with puckered ends, encasing, twists, disks, and the ultimate big hole beads... all became possible. Heather gives so much of herself to the class and to each individual. Your questions or requests for help become the most important part of her class.

Now when I returned to the Workhouse flame working studio , I‘ve become even more confident as I recalled her tips! I can hear her saying “stay in the box,” do the tricycle,” “think angel wings,” and “no cow pies!”

I ‘m also having fun getting to know the Groovy Tool for making bicone disks with a twisty.

So did I like the workshop with Heather? That would be a definite “Yes.”

And remember....... it’s all about the heat, volume, and....... what was that third thing?
Old 2013-09-23, 8:00am

Gravity!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.