Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Studio

Studio -- Show us your studio setup

Old 2013-09-28, 8:50pm
Loving learning

So happy for you!
Old 2013-09-28, 8:52pm
They see me rollin'...

Oh wait, 2 more pics!

I zoomed in...the tool organizer is from Michael's. Under the kiln is a piece of old countertop I got from the ReStore for $5, and there is another piece on the right side of the table. The kiln also has a metal stand under it, between the fire brick and the table. I also have 2 silverware caddies that I keep tools in (you can see 1 of them behind the tool organizer); I think I will use them for the beadrollers.

The duct tape on the front of the oven hood is my super-fancy (not) way of keeping the light out of my eyes. lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-Patti

Last edited by Magicfire; 2013-09-28 at 8:55pm.
Old 2013-09-28, 8:58pm
Loving learning

Just because I don't see it, do you have a fire extinguisher close by just in case?
Old 2013-09-28, 9:09pm
Salt Box Beads

Patti, I have so enjoyed your studio thread, I love the floors, the chickens, the colors and the beautiful scenes. Very inspiring for me to get mine finished!!
Old 2013-09-28, 9:18pm
They see me rollin'...

Good point, Eileen! I do have one, but have no idea where it is at the moment. Also, it's pretty old. I guess it's time to get a new one. I think that the old one is at least 10 years old! And thank you.

Thanks Lorraine! I hope you are able to get yours finished soon too. I'm sure it's going to be great, and I bet you won't have gaps in your paneling (or whatever your wallcovering is going to be!)

Speaking of old, in one of the boxes I found my copy of "Beads of Glass" by Cindy Jenkins. It was her 2nd book...I looked inside the cover where she had signed it, and it was dated May 2003! Holy crap. I can't believe that it was over 10 years ago.

Her book had just come out and she was signing books at Sorella Beads, Libby's bead store that had just opened. I was really nervous talking to the actual Cindy Jenkins! She later moved to St. Louis and I got to go to her house several times over the years, usually for Lampworker Society meetings. What a cool lady!

And Libby went on to greater things at Third Degree Glass Factory. Also a cool lady.

-Patti
Old 2013-09-28, 10:11pm
Loving learning

Patti, yes, please make sure it is handy and in good working order. Don't take any chances with your safety, or with that gorgeous new space & your equipment
Old 2013-10-06, 7:13pm
They see me rollin'...

OMG, I actually made beads today!! I made 12 whole beads, and I don't think they sucked. I made EGG beads, of course, using my egg beadroller.

And yes, I bought a new fire extinguisher first, don't worry.

I had forgotten how powerful that oven hood is! I actually had to turn it down because it was too much. I did the smell test and it works great.

I thought I might have forgotten everything, but it felt like I was taking up where I left off just the other day, even though it has been 10 months.

I tried some new colors, like Sandlewood ivory and Bella Mia, green cave, ka-bluey, raven sky, etc. What fun!

It's going to take me a while to organize all the glass. I work on a pile a day, more or less. But I am getting there.

I'm just glad that everything still works! One of my concentrators got pretty banged up in the move, but it was fine. And I only used 2 outlets and had plenty of power. Yay!

-Patti
Old 2013-10-06, 7:46pm
They see me rollin'...

I can't post without pictures! Here is a photo I took this evening of the chickens out free-ranging. We let them out for a while in the afternoon/evening and they love it. Some curious calves came by to say hi on the other side of the fence.

The calves are standing on the edge of the hill, btw. Then there is a steep slope leading down to the Yellowstone River valley below.

This is my view from the window that I look out of while lampworking!

I was looking through old photos and found some really nice ones we took last Spring! This is Castle Butte, which is right behind Pompey's Pillar. There is a road you take over the Yellowstone River, and then Castle Butte is on the right. It is just breathtaking over there!

If you turn left after going past Castle Butte, there is a road that takes you to Yellowstone River State Park. The city bought the acreage but hasn't done anything with it yet. Emily went hiking and got some great photos. Here is a good one:

Have a good one everyone!

-Patti

Last edited by Magicfire; 2013-10-06 at 7:58pm.
Old 2013-10-07, 3:34am
Melody of Glass

So glad you are making beads, Patti! And the video of the bookmobile is great. It's all coming together

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Coming soon...

Old 2013-10-08, 3:48pm
They see me rollin'...

Thank you! It felt so good to melt some glass!

Now if I could just remember where I put the dremel so I could clean the beads. Lol

-Patti
Old 2013-10-08, 6:18pm
Mr. Cellophane

Miss having you in St. Louis Patti! You sound so happy and I love coming here to catch up with what you are up too.
We need chicken pictures too!

Libby

Old 2013-10-08, 6:43pm
Miata and Sunshine! Yay!

Patti, where did you get the stand for the presses? That is very cool. I cleaned my torch area up tonight...still have more to do, but it's getting there. Your studio looks amazing! And I love your view!

Contributing member of the EPIC FLOUNCE thread 2013
Proud member of YOU PEOPLE thread.
Old 2013-10-12, 7:26pm
They see me rollin'...

Hi Libby! I wish I could drop in at 3rd Degree now and then! I need a transporter! I'll have to take some close-ups of the chickens. They have grown up so much!

Pluto is now a big boy and is quite the ladies' man. I think his "girlsfriends", some of the younger Easter Eggers, are getting ready to start laying eggs. And Jeckel, who was laying her eggs under the shed...she has now found a new spot and she might just be smarter than I, because I haven't figured out where her new spot is yet. Hmmmm

Thanks, Tillie! I'm trying to remember...could I have bought it from Zoozii's? I think I got it from one of the companies that sells presses, so I guess either Zoozii's or Cattwalk. Wherever I got it from, I don't think that they sell them anymore. Maybe someone else on LE remembers? I can't be the only one that bought one.

I saw your thread! Good for you for cleaning your studio! I still have a lot of organizing to do. I have a 3-day weekend, so it will be dedicated to organizing!

I really love those rotating tool holders from Michael's, btw. I have 2, actually, and filled them both with lampworking tools. I had forgotten how many tools I have...when I was unpacking them all it was like Christmas. lol

I got to see Silver Sage Creations today. There was a bead show and I stopped by and got all inspired. Itching to make some jewelry now.

-Patti