No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Studio

Studio -- Show us your studio setup

Old 2005-07-21, 6:55am
Brainy McSmartypants

Default Before and after studio :)

Hi everyone! We've been working on the cabin next door that we bought about a year ago, and I'm moving from this- a glorified closet, hehe:

to this- I've got it all set up on a webpage with before and after pictures:

http://www.torchbynight.com/personal/studio.html

It's been LOTS of work, but it's so worth it! The webpage needs to be updated- the living room, kid's room and bathroom are all done now, too. All that's left is to put in the ventilation and add a new circuit for the kiln and concentrators and I'll be working in my own space, yay!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Amy K

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2005-07-21, 7:26am
Detail G-Mama!

Wow Amy!! That looks great!! I'm so envious of anyone who has that much room to play in!! Nice to see ya here also!!

Old 2005-07-21, 7:43am
Satake Woman!

cool beans! Be sure to post finished photos.

Satake glass in stock and ready for you!
Old 2005-07-21, 8:33am
Covered in glitter

You get it ALL??? I am so envious! It's gorgeous!!!!!

Deb
Old 2005-07-21, 8:45am
Brainy McSmartypants

Thanks! I'm headed over today for a tea party (at my daughter's behest ), and I've gotta get pics of the rest of the place now

I'm always open for visitors! There's even a bed!

Amy K

Old 2005-07-21, 8:51am
MomOnAMission

Great studio, Amy!!!! And great you found us
Old 2005-07-21, 9:40am
I'm a lilac!

I'm so envious! That's a great space and a gorgeous studio.

I did want to recommend you check with your friend or someone else who's very experienced with stained glass before you put that peacock in a door, though; it doesn't look like it's reinforced and the frequent opening and closing of the door may put too much stress on it, causing it to gradually sag. Your friend can probably tell you whether the design will tolerate the stress of being in a door, though.

Old 2005-07-21, 10:34am
Brainy McSmartypants

Thanks, Kalera, I'll be glad when I can use it for my torch! The peacock, though, is Gallery Glass, just painted It's on an old sash window, a big rustic craft around here. Should stand up pretty well!

Amy K

Old 2005-07-22, 6:22am
Fusing Glass

Amy, this is wonderful for you! And i bet your beads paid for it too! is the house still falling into the water? LOL I have to come see you someday!
Old 2005-07-22, 7:39am
In search of her path....

Awesome Amy! its coming along so well! Im so glad you found us over here ! *hugs* its really coming together your lil studio!

Prints for sale in my
!
Old 2005-07-22, 1:10pm
Fusing Glass

Oh Amy I forgot to add how are the spider whorts plants doing?
Old 2005-07-22, 8:30pm
Dildo Kween!

Amy - I LOVE your studio... I'm a color whore... and you've got the colors baby!

Hey to you and Kalera - Don't worry about the peacock... it's galleryglass.. not real stained glass. It'll be just fine. (Especially with lil kids!)

Heidi

My Tutorials have been FREE since 2001

Old 2005-07-22, 8:44pm
Brainy McSmartypants

Mary, they're still blooming beautifully! I get inspired by them every time I walk by, and I've made a couple of reeeeeeeeally nice florals from looking at them

Heidi, I have one of your beads! I bought it from your auction, on the site, long ago- it's HUGEMONGOUS, and gorgeous Thanks for the compliments on the studio- now come teach me how to make toys Pretty please???

Amy K

Old 2005-07-22, 8:50pm

Amy thanks for sharing. Your studio looks great. I love the colors. It looks like a comfortable place to work.

LAURIE HUNT
Old 2005-07-24, 7:54pm
Hugh Hefner (instigator)

Hi ya Amy!

Glad to see ya around here. Missed you when "that other place" got weird.

So does the calander with Spike go into the new studio? The new place looks way cool and retro....but it kinda needs a little more goth dont'ya think? When I first met Deanna I was living in an apartment with that exact stove. Never really thought of it as retro at the time. I once complained that the frig wasn't really working right. The manager said he'd go down to the dump and get me another one (no lie).

Also like the new pic/avitar....very mysterious.... Do you still make the nipple jewelery? Might make a nice counterpoint to Mr. Smilie's toys. hehehehe

Anyways....really good to see you here,
Greg

Old 2005-07-25, 9:41am
Brainy McSmartypants

Heya, Greg! Yeahhhh, it does need a little Goth corner I wanted TONS of color in here to inspire me though, so I've got all my Goth/Pagan stuff hidden in the big green & purple cabinet Besides that, my in laws show up often and I have to hide the Wicca books...lol But I've got my little touches here and there now! The framed prints on the wall are quite goth, with lots of vampires, bats, witches and the like!

Nope, I haven't made the nip jewelry in a loooooong time- after I closed up the Dark13ootique, I rarely even make my chainmail anymore! Hrmm.. lampwork nipple jewelry- but that means I'd have to make LITTLE TINY beads, doesn't it? LOL I think nipple jewelry with the beads I make now would qualify more as nipple STRETCHERS...lol!

Good to see you here, too, Greg! Y'all have fun travelling!!

Amy K

Old 2005-07-25, 11:23am
Formerly Travelin'gal

Ummmm...thought that cabnit looked a little scary.....

We're having a blast travelling the country. It's already been over 2 1/2 years on the road....reallly hard to believe. Deanna's become quite the lampworker due to all the lampworkers we've visited. That and we've been full time lampworkers since Jan. No other odd jobs to support us. It's amazing how fast skills develop when you do it everyday.

Greg (I often post under D's ID so I don't have to switch things around)

~
~
~
~
~