No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Studio

Studio -- Show us your studio setup

Old 2005-06-25, 10:28am
Crispy Critter

Default My glass studio/laundry room/storage room/doggie boudoir

Here's my lampwork set up. I researched everything for a year and then started buying and setting it all up. Since it was going to be in my home, safety was a huge factor and I'll show pix of the safety stuff first.

I'm not sure what order the pix will show up...

I went with a natural gas/oxycon set up so I didn't have to worry about having tanks in or near the house (much less hassle, too!).

Fire extinguisher and bucket of water at the exit. There are 2 avenues of escape...into the kitchen or out the back door.

Leather apron protects my girl bits from hot glass. Above it is a carbon monoxide and smoke detector.

The hood is 525 CFM and draws really well (did the incense test). If I ever decide to start fuming, I'll build some baffles to make it even more efficient.

I even have "studio shoes" Heavy leather and heavy soles.
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by chrisdd; 2005-06-25 at 10:35am.
Old 2005-06-25, 10:48am
Crispy Critter

Storage pix: I got a magnetic tool bar from Ace Hardware for the tools I use the most.

I have a rolling 4 drawer cart for frit, mandrels, foil, etc. that is visible in my previous post.

I have a big storage cabinet that is 4 feet wide and 2 feet deep to store glass and assorted stuff. Used vinyl downspouts for glass storage. Cut them in staggered lengths and duct taped them together for stability. Mounted little cordless lamps inside the cabinets to see the glass better.

I keep one of each color rod and all my stringers in vases and jars on the table top. Special stringers have their own jar, to keep from accidentally using them.
Attached Images

Old 2005-06-25, 10:53am
Crispy Critter

And, last is my source of eye strain relief and fresh air. I have an unused dryer vent behind me that I'm going to open up and use for my fresh air source. Having it to the left causes the torch flame to waver.
Attached Images

Old 2005-06-25, 1:30pm

Great Studio! And lots of glass! I really like it!
Old 2005-06-25, 6:49pm
Dildo Kween!

Hey I *love* your Simple shoes!!! I have the pink ones and was told that pink was the only color! The liar!!! I think they are the most comfortable shoes other than my Berkies.

Hey nice efficient studio too! I considered the laundry room also... plus it smells so nice

My Tutorials have been FREE since 2001

Old 2005-06-25, 9:37pm
I'm a lilac!

Check it out... I think the clogs are about halfway down:

http://www.zappos.com/n/es/d/5405000...e/1/bar/1.html

Last edited by Kalera; 2005-06-25 at 9:37pm. Reason: forgot link
Old 2005-06-25, 9:52pm
Crispy Critter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi von Frozenfyre
Hey I *love* your Simple shoes!!! I have the pink ones and was told that pink was the only color! The liar!!! I think they are the most comfortable shoes other than my Berkies.

Hey nice efficient studio too! I considered the laundry room also... plus it smells so nice
Thanks, I love my shoes too! They're ancient, tho...I got them on sale when this style was discontinued 7 or 8 years ago. Pink would be cool!

I wish my studio did smell like a laundry...3 dogs sleep in there, also, so the puppy pong is usually the dominant smell.

Old 2005-06-28, 9:39pm
CA Queen Bitch

All I have to say is "What A Frickin' NEAT FREAK"!!!!!!!! You should see my studio tonight....ugggg. I'd better clean it up before you get here!! LOL!!!!!

~Suzy...the hostess with the mostest.... clutter...Lambert~~

Being unstable and bitchy is all part of my mystique.

Peek A Boo!
Old 2005-06-28, 9:40pm
CA Queen Bitch

I am really drooling over those shoes.............I mean tools......... evil snicker inserted here.

Being unstable and bitchy is all part of my mystique.

Peek A Boo!
Old 2005-06-29, 12:53pm
Crispy Critter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhapsody Fire Beads
All I have to say is "What A Frickin' NEAT FREAK"!!!!!!!! You should see my studio tonight....ugggg. I'd better clean it up before you get here!! LOL!!!!!

~Suzy...the hostess with the mostest.... clutter...Lambert~~
Uh huh, you better get cleaning, or I'll embarrass you by posting pix of your studio.

Old 2005-06-29, 12:55pm
Crispy Critter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhapsody Fire Beads
I am really drooling over those shoes.............I mean tools......... evil snicker inserted here.