Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2012-09-21, 1:50pm

Default Looking for new colors - anyone want to trade?

I apologize if this is a totally addlepated idea. I'm mostly a soft glass girl, but have been playing with boro on the side for a few years. There are some new boro color recipes I want to try, but I don't know that I do enough boro to justify buying even a whole quarter pound of a bunch of new colors (I already have *quite* a few).

I thought the idea of the Boro-Box that was around several years ago was neat, but seemed to have become a complicated process. So, I wondered if we might be able to find a way to short-track the process and coordinate what colors we have and what colors we want. Is that crazy, or is anyone else interested?

For example, I'm looking to try:
Borostix Blush
Parramore/NC Aqua
Parramore/NC Sea Mist
Momka's Caribbean Coral
NS Opaque Aqua
NS Carmel
NS Green Exotic Frit, size 38

If anyone is interested, I'll post the list of what I have to trade.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2012-09-21, 5:22pm

not a bad idea at all, let me see what I have. I know I have NS Green Exotic frit, not sure what size. have to check on Carmel and Caribbean Coral.

Old 2012-09-22, 11:21am
Miss my BoBo Griff

Have been traveling but will b home tonight, off the top of my head I have the carmel, car coral, prob the aqua and grn exotic will have to check grit as well.
ChrisAnn

Old 2012-09-23, 9:45am

yay!I'm traveling this weekend, too, but will be home in a few hours and will post my list then, but I know I have GA cheap thrills slow poke ruby and fruit punch, a pretty good selection of GA colors like the amazon colors and sparkle colors, striking colors, and some northstar colors like english ivy and lokis lipstick. Hopefully I'll have something you want to try.

I'd love to see other people sharing colors in this thread, too!

Old 2012-09-23, 5:28pm

So this is my labeled inventory. So, let me know if there's anything here that you'd be interested in trading for! Unless noted, they are standard 7mm rods.

GA Amazon Canyon (668387)
GA Amazon Lagoon (660857) – 4mm
GA Amazon Night (987) – 4mm
GA Black Pearl (9789) – OCQ
GA Black Walnut (8475) – 4mm
GA Brilliant Blue (592) – OCQ
GA Cheap Thrills – Fruit Punch
GA Cheap Thrills – Slow Poke Ruby
GA Cherrywood Strike (660139)
GA Clover (444) – 4mm
GA Double Passion (660783)
GA Jamboree (668989)
GA Jupiter Sparkle (455) – 4mm
GA Lapis Blue (5195) – 4mm
GA Neptune Sparkle (559) – 4mm
GA Peacock Chameleon (665486)
GA Persimmon Strike (2383) – 4mm
GA Purple Luster (386) – OCQ
GA Silver Strike 5 (385) – 4mm
GA Sno White (9995) – OCQ
GA Solara (660382)
GA Spring Luster (481) – 4mm OCQ
GA Triple Passion (786) – OCQ
GA Twilight Chameleon (66548

NS Aurora (611047)
NS Blue Moon (611045)
NS English Ivy (611131)
NS Lokis Lipstick (611632)
NS Pomegranate (61108
NS Purple Blue Amber Light (61104
NS Red Exotic (611029)
NS Silver Creek (611105)
NS Sublime

FRIT:
GA Amazon Bronze (287) – Med, 38
GA Amazon Bronze (287) – Small, 70
GA Amazon Jewell (487) – Small, 70
GA Aquatic Carnival (489) – Med, 38
GA Cherrywood Strike (139) – Med, 38
GA Clear (000) – Med, 38
GA Purple Luster (386) – Med, 38
GA Silver Strike 5 (385) – Med, 38
GA Triple Passion (786) – Small, 70
NS-F013S Amber/Purple – Small (similar in size to GA’s Med, 3
NS-F041S Butterscotch – Small
NS-F004S Dark Multi – Small
NS-F078S Mystery Aventurine – Small

Old 2012-09-23, 7:33pm

I've been working overtime this weekend but will try to get a list up in the next few days

Old 2012-09-24, 7:44am
Catchen' the Sun

I just saw this and I am doing the same thing. I know I have some of those colors. I will look when I get home and get back to you shortly after. It will be sometime around 7-8 pm tonight. Great idea.

SRA # K36 Catchen' the Sun Glass Art

Old 2012-09-24, 7:45am
Catchen' the Sun

actaully I know I have borostick blush and some carmel but not sure of the brand. I will let you know.

Old 2012-09-24, 8:35am

yay!

Old 2012-09-25, 3:31am
Catchen' the Sun

OK Sorry I forgot to come and tell you what I have.
I have borostick blush, carmel and Caribbean Coral.
I will pm you with more info later I just wanted to let you know that I did not forget this.

Old 2012-09-25, 12:03pm
Catchen' the Sun

I just sent a pm but will put this here incase someone else has some. I don't have any carmel. I had butterscotch. Sorry for that confusion.

Old 2012-09-26, 5:22am

Love this idea!

I'll take a look at what I have and what colors I've been wanting to try tonight.

Kim

Old 2012-09-26, 11:20am

Awesome!

Old 2012-09-30, 8:07am

Hi Julie - I'd love to have your cherrywood frit! You can have my green exotic frit size 38, caribbean coral, or carmel. Just let me know what you'd like!
Angie
Old 2012-09-30, 8:38am

awesome! Sent you a PM.